color
clarity

Dear 2016: It's over between us

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Dear 2016: It's over between us

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/16/world/2016-look-back-trnd/index.html

Dear 2016,

Pack your bags; we're done. It was one disappointment after another with you.
Just how bad were you? Let us count the ways.

You just took and took and took, 2016

You took Prince, Bowie, Cohen.
You took Pat Conroy and Harper Lee. Muhammed Ali and Arnold Palmer.
You took Gene Wilder, Alan Rickman and Carrie Fisher.
John Glenn lived enough life for three people as a history-making astronaut, presidential candidate and US senator. You took him, too.
No matter what your politics, you can't deny that Antonin Scalia, Tom Hayden, Janet Reno and Nancy Reagan made a difference in their lifetimes.

They're all gone, too soon
They're all gone, too, because of you.

2016, you unleashed hell

2016: The moments that shocked us
The numbers are just mind-boggling:
More than 80 in the Nice truck attack.
44 dead in the Istanbul airport blast.
32 in the Brussels bombings.
49 in Orlando, in the deadliest mass shooting in US history.
Cops shot and killed black men in Louisiana and Minnesota. A sniper killed five Dallas officers, the deadliest single incident fatality for US law enforcement since 9/11.
And the bloody, brutal Syrian civil war just dragged on. Those who were able to flee risked death in the Mediterranean's unforgiving waters, where more people died this year than ever.
You dished out a lot of misery
It's impossible to candy-coat it, 2016. When it came to misery, you went full-throttle.
You forced thousands from their homes with historic flooding in Europe, in North Korea and in Louisiana, the worst in the United States since Hurricane Sandy.
You created Haiti's worst humanitarian crisis this decade with Hurricane Matthew. And Ecuador still hasn't recovered from the quake in April that killed more than 600.
You brought trouble to the skies, too.
In May, everyone aboard an EgyptAir plane died when it crashed into the Mediterranean. We still don't know why.
In November, a jet carrying a Brazilian soccer team crashed in Colombia, killing 71.
As if all that isn't enough, you broke the record for the hottest months ever.

You tore us apart, 2016

To the election that was: Thanks for the memories 04:00
We're glad the elections are over, but the wounds you inflicted will take a long time to heal.
Republican Donald Trump won the Electoral College and the White House. Democrat Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. And America's torn in half and uncertain of the path ahead. Britain's no better with Brexit.
And let's not forget what you wrought: an embarrassing FAIL for polls, and when fake news got into it with truth.

But hey 2016, we'll give you this
Heartwarming moments of 2016

You get props for getting some things right, like the brightest supermoon since 1948. The first Word Series win for the Cubs in 108 years. And you did a solid for the McDonald family, whose conjoined twins were successfully separated after a 27-hour surgery.
More big stories from 2016 ...

You gave us some much-needed laughter from Chewbacca Mom and two joyful weeks of Olympic thrills, including the US "Final Five" gymnasts.
Oh, and during your watch, the US unemployment rate sank to 4.6%, the lowest in 10 years.
So yeah, you were better than, say, the year the bubonic plague took hold in Europe, eventually killing a third of the population. But that was 1348.
You couldn't go quietly, could ya, 2016? You were mean until the end. A man who pledged allegiance to ISIS plowed a truck through a crowded Berlin Christmas market, killing 12.
The best part of you, 2016, is December 31 — the day you slink out of town.

Let's hope 2017 is as good as you were bad.

Sincerely,

The world.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping for a better 2017 for all of us!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I rarely post personal stuff--and being a Debbie D is droll....but just when I thought 2015 was the lousiest year on "my' record--I was wrong:, 2016 topped it all. I really am looking forward to the END of these (personally) challenging times. But not sure it just won't roll on into 2017.

Notwithstanding all the world issues post by RR!!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1483115421|4110748 said:
HI:

I rarely post personal stuff--and being a Debbie D is droll....but just when I thought 2015 was the lousiest year on "my' record--I was wrong:, 2016 topped it all. I really am looking forward to the END of these (personally) challenging times. But not sure it just won't roll on into 2017.

Notwithstanding all the world issues post by RR!!

cheers--Sharon

(((HUGS))) dear Sharon. You could never be a Debbie D. No matter what. Wishing all the best for you in 2017 and beyond and sending lots of love and hugs your way.

minousbijoux said:

LOL Minous, the link does work and it is scary! :errrr:
That is why I never say it can't get worse because we all know that it sure can. :o ::)

I don't want to laugh but it sure beats the alternative right? Hugs to you and wishing you all the best in 2017 and beyond as well. :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The video was hysterical until I read Donald Trumps latest tweet. Now I'm thinking the video wasn't so funny after all.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1483201408|4111061 said:
The video was hysterical until I read Donald Trumps latest tweet. Now I'm thinking the video wasn't so funny after all.

Totally agree :(sad

Q

Queenie60

Happy New Year! Wishing all of you a happy, healthy and prosperous new year. God Bless.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1483207684|4111096 said:
Happy New Year! Wishing all of you a happy, healthy and prosperous new year. God Bless.

Yes Happy New Year!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 2017 to all PSers .. :wavey: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results