shape
carat
color
clarity

Cute or Creepy: Having a friend take sneak proposal photos

NervousBuyer

Rough_Rock
Background: I'm planning a whole evening, but knowing me, I'll get nervous and she'll figure it out, so in order to surprise her as best I can (she's already expecting it), I am planning on proposing early on and then enjoying the evening and dinner afterwards. We're going ice skating in the afternoon and I'm going to do it then.

For the dinner following the proposal, I'm going to have roses waiting at the table as well as past pictures of us through our relationship (either loose on the table or in a small photo book, not sure, suggestions?). I think it would be a nice touch to include with those pictures a picture of the proposal that just happened! I have a photography friend I could get to help out and have him take a picture or two of us while I'm proposing, and then rush off to print it quickly somewhere and bring it to the restaurant before we get there. The timing shouldn't be an issue. We'll be hanging around for a while post-proposal and before getting to the restaurant (ice skating and eating the chocolate covered strawberries I'll have made the night before), and if that still isnt enough time, I'll just instruct the maître d' to bring out the picture with dessert.

The question is... is that a cute picture to remember the evening by? Or an intrusion into our private moment by having someone watching closely and taking pictures (even though she won't know until later)?

Being in a public place isn't an issue (honestly she'd be OK with a stadium/sports area proposal, although I don't want that), but I'm worried it may come across as more stalker-ish than romantic. Any thoughts? :) Thanks :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Cute or Creepy: Having a friend take sneak proposal phot

I think it's cute, and sweet. We tried to have that with ours, DH planned this whole thing, and the person taking photos got either bumped into or moved somehow and our heads were all that were in the pic.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Cute or Creepy: Having a friend take sneak proposal phot

I think it's a great idea. A proposal is such a great moment to remember and having a picture is a wonderful way to preserve the occasion. I would love to have a picture of our proposal and expressions immediately after.

Sounds like you planned a lovely day and proposal. Good luck and don't forget to come back with hand shots for us to admire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results