shape
carat
color
clarity

Crinoline Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I think I'm going to take the plunge and buy the MS Angelica, since I really like the brittanya but I was worried about the poofyness, (I tried on a TON of dresses the other day to be sure)...it's a slim A line dress though--can I wear an A line crinoline under it? I may be one of the only people who wants to wear crinoline, but I really want the more rigid A line look to disguise the fact that my hips are larger than my bust (36 vs 32), without wearing a ballgown.

Has anyone with a slim A line dress worn crinoline? Do you think the model is?

Pic for reference:

msdrescrin2.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
back...

msdresscrin.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I''m thinking something like this...do they make them smaller, or would this likely fit?

crinoline.jpg

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I wore a simple crinoline skirt underneath the skirt of my dress. I don''t know if you saw mypics. but it was a simple, soft A-line shape as well. It helped for me not to look as big as I really am. I don''t think you would have a problem with wearing one with that style dress.

The gown is gorgeous!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I tried on MS Grace yesterday and it too is a slim-line cut. It did have a very nice and gentle slope to it as is (most Maggies come with this built in crinoline I''ve noticed) but I remember the saleslady offered to put an extra crinoline under for a bit more poof. I declined but I imagine she wouldn''t have offered if it wouldn''t "take" it. She also said that Grace is one of her most popular dresses. All in all, I bet you could get a bit more angle out of Angleica altho I don''t think it would be at the regular a-line level.

Angelica is stunning!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 10:57:09 PM
Author: So_happy
I tried on MS Grace yesterday and it too is a slim-line cut. It did have a very nice and gentle slope to it as is (most Maggies come with this built in crinoline I''ve noticed) but I remember the saleslady offered to put an extra crinoline under for a bit more poof. I declined but I imagine she wouldn''t have offered if it wouldn''t ''take'' it. She also said that Grace is one of her most popular dresses. All in all, I bet you could get a bit more angle out of Angleica altho I don''t think it would be at the regular a-line level.

Angelica is stunning!
Thanks Nyt and So_Happy! I LOVE the Grace
30.gif
and what I like about Angelica is that it''s Grace-like but with a little bit of difference at the bottom. I got to try Grace, but they did not have Angelica there, although the shape is the same. I just want the crinoline to smooth out my figure and make it look more proportional rather than clingy hippy.

krockie

Shiny_Rock
That dress is beautiful! It looks from the picture like its standing up on its own. Did you talk to your tailor about adding more?

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Did you make any headway on Angelica? I just noticed how right you are that Grace and Angleica must be sisters but that Angelica has that drop-dead hem to add a little pizzaz in to elegant :)

I have a little more to offer you today as today when trying on my Pia gown, the seamstress offered to add an extra layer of tulle at teh very end (so, not a full crinoline) to make it stand out just a touch more. I like this idea because the gown is wonderfully light and I don''t want to add an extra layer...but my gown would look even more lovely with a liitle more poof.

So, it''s a thought, but woudn''t do any figure-work I guess
7.gif

There is always Spanx to the rescue!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results