shape
carat
color
clarity

Contacts

whatamilookingat

Rough_Rock
@OoohShiny and @amoline yes, the blast of air dries out my eyes I suppose, and they stick to my eyes, making it incomfortable to the point of having to shift them around. Sorry, "slipping" wasn't the correct term. It's hard to explain, but it makes driving difficult, especially if you have to start adjusting them.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm currently using disposable lenses as I was finding that I wasn't wearing them enough to justify the cost of the 14 or 30 day versions. But when I was, I liked the Clear Care hydrogen peroxide cleaner much better than the regular stuff. I was mildly allergic to the regular stuff and found that it made my eyes burn and itch. And the hydrogen peroxide stuff makes the lenses feel cleaner and softer in any case. But you do need to commit to a chunk of time if you are going to use it and DO NOT CHEAT. I did once, and that was enough, as the peroxide was still active enough to hurt like a SOB.

Also, to avoid eye irritation, avoid things that dry your eyes out like air blowing into them. Carry a container of moisturizing eye drops with you just in case - they are really handy when you get dust in your eye or if you are just a bit dry and will help you avoid tossing a lens just because of temporary discomfort (sometimes you just don't have a contact case and solution with you when you feel the need to pull them out). You may find that close up stuff bothers you when you're vision is corrected. Mine does. It's why I tend to wear glasses at work. Also, if you feel like you've gotten something under the lens, sometimes just shifting it to the side, letting your tears or a drop or two of drops re-coat your eye, and letting it slide back into place is enough to fix the problem.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've worn glasses, disposable contacts and finally I was so sick of them in my early 30s I had laser eye surgery done. Best thing ever!!!!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
As a former long time contact lens wearer, I’d definitely recommend giving your eyes a break and letting them breathe each day- in other words, don’t wear them from early morning to late night. I developed dry eye and my eyes completely rejected contacts so I went to wearing glasses for almost 18 years. I don’t know if the contacts caused the dry eye- I suspect there were a number of factors at play- but they certainly didn’t help as I aged.

Also, never wear a damaged lens. If you have a hard time telling whether a lens is inside out, place it in the palm of your hand on a crease and slightly close your hand. If the lens folds in like a clam shell, that’s right. If it folds out like it’s opening up, it’s inside out.

I just got special contact lenses implanted in my eyes earlier this year. The procedure was similar to cataract surgery but instead of removing my natural lens, they just inserted the collamer lens behind (I think) the natural one. I love the results but they were definitely two nerve wracking procedures!

hera Anderson

Rough_Rock
I LOVE the night and day contacts! I have been wearing them for 20 years and sleep in them all the way to 30 days. Never had any problems. I do take my contacts out every few days and give them a little lens solution rinse here and there. Get them, you won't look back!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Timing is everything! I’m in a test pair for ten days. I noticed my distance was starting to be a bit off. I caught myself squinting. A picture of me giving a presentation convinced me it was time to do something else. I’ve been using readers for years. I feel like they are part of my wardrobe. I have a dozen pair in colors and patterns. I’ve been known to have a set on my head, and my face . They have become an almost constant headband for my hair when not in use. :eek-2: I got tired of them. I’m trying one eye for reading and one for distance. It’s been interesting getting them in and out. Still noticing changes in my reading clarity at four days into the test period. I’m in the monthly lens, but the more I hear about the daily lens I’m intrigued.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw this Sledge. Sorry I just got in and am multi tasking. Wearing contact lenses can cause you to work harder to focus up close depending on your RX. Are you near sighted or far sighted?
I bet you are blinking less when gaming and they got dry. Same happens on a computer screen.
Need to add some sterile drops to your gaming stuff.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet you are blinking less when gaming and they got dry. Same happens on a computer screen.
Need to add some sterile drops to your gaming stuff.

Yes I recommend preservative free rewetting drops. The ones that come in the single dose units are truly preservative free. The drops in the bottle are not even if it says it is. Not really. So single dose preservative free drops are best. Something like Refresh Plus or Tears Naturale.

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 7.01.11 AM.png

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Contacts wearer for 30 years. My biggest advice is never to sleep in them. And to avoid the extended wear lenses. Daily disposables are a godsend for eye health, even if they are initially more expensive. Everyone I’ve spoken to in contact lens departments is anti-extended wear lenses.

The burning post-gaming is probably your eyes getting dry as you blink less. Re-wetting drops are great. I also do better if I take my lenses out each day as soon as possible to give my eyes a break.

Its an adjustment. You’ll get it!

If you end up doing the kind of lens you need to clean every night, Clear Care solution (hydrogen peroxide based) is the best. With the giant caution that you absolutely have to allow enough time for it to neutralize and you can never, EVER put it directly into you eye from the bottle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results