shape
carat
color
clarity

Conflict at work, how to deal?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you've reported her to your superior, because you HAVE to. She's not following protocol and if it's really that dangerous, you both could be held responsible for that if a patient dies.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As the child of a parent who's had two kidney transplants (due to PKD) and spent a lot of time in a hospital as a result, I am left truly shaken by this series of posts. I might remind J that she should pretend that the patient is her spouse/parent/sibling and care for them the way she would care for her own beloved. I know that we had to do a lot of advocating for my Dad when he was in the hospital for his transplants. He's also been admitted several times for CSV, complications of an overdose of prednisone, etc. These were all honest mistakes and it terrifies me that, in addition to things that can be chalked up to human error, there are cases were some bitch (yes, anyone who is that callous about a human life deserves that title) can play with a patients life out of spite for a colleague. If I knew where you practiced, I'd contact the administration to make sure that they were aware of all of these issues.

This is shameful, all the way around. It scares me for the future of medicine. Maybe this is "SOP" and I'm just too naive to realize it, but I know that the doctors that we are personal friends with don't have anecdotes like this to share. I know that when my 5 year old was sick earlier this year, I was so grateful to the doctors who knew just how to care for her and who took the time to try and explain things to her, to minimize her fear of procedures etc. It sounds like had she been under the care of J, she would have been scarred for life. Please spare someone else's child/loved one cruelty at the hands of your "colleague". I know that I can't possibly understand the consequences since I'm not in your field and not in your program, but it does sound like lives could be at stake and there's no relationship/program worth sacraficing lives over.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Allycat- It seems so improbable that J would be so terribly upset about how she looked when you addressed the schedule situation,
but is unconcerned that she will have no consequences from not doing the signout. I do agree that you should have e-mails or some record of these dealings. The most unfortunate result of these actions would be for you to suffer from her actions. Sorry the truce didn't work. The hospital culture is such that all Drs are given a lot of respect once they have the MD title. Yes, you have someone to report to, but I think you are considered professionals, and that respect translates into minimal reprimands. Drs protect Drs, and most I think are reluctant to criticsize one another. Go to someone higher up again, just be professional about it"state you are worried about the patients. God, I don't know. I used to hate it if I didn't get along with someone at work. It ruins it. Sorry.

Aly, if the patient could have made a viable recovery, you did well.

MZ and anyone who wants know. There is a POWER OF ATTORNEY OR HEALTH CARE that you can fill out now. This indicates what kind of care you wish should you become incapacitated, and who may make the decisions. For example, I have that 2 independent drs must agree there is no hope left for a decent life, and one female friend of mine and my son. I have made clear I do not want to be in tubes for months. WE do not have a right to unlimited health care.

OT I received an email telling of a neuro-surgeon complaining on a radio broadcast that medicare was no longer going to allow brain surgeries for ( I don't remember the medical term) people over the age of 70 any more. The outcomes are usually unsuccessful.(HIGH PERCENTAGE) The surgeon was stating how we are now rationing health care to the elderly. My point is we are probably going to have to do more of this in the future. I know , Ally, this is not your point of discussion.

Annette

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
dup

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
triple post

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, i know about the forms....its the treatment choices that i need my husband to be more aggessive about, imo, rather than merely take the word of a dr.....especially ones as Ally has described. but it is a start! i have no health issues that are usually associated with "my age" and hopefully that stays that way. its the "accident" scenario or unexpected change of health that i'm wanting my husband to be more involved with should the need arrise.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1329425904|3127572 said:
maple/naomi, i don't FB.....one of the disadvantages is in this instance. sigh.

i don't trust the pharmaceutical companies and i don't trust their control over drs.
i'm allergic to EDTA and its in my medical records. despite that i've had drs order medication for me with it in it.
i have to quiz pharmacists and even then i go online and research.
paranoid?! no, just very very cautious.

my FIL understood why the drs in AU put the limits. the entire family understood.

with my dad, well, he's a stubborn WWII veteran Marine....with bullets still in his body. he won't let my mother go into the room with him because she's a bulldog for getting info. you should see the two of us when my dad has been hospitalized and a dr walks into the room.....between my mother and i the dr doesn't have a chance.. :lol:

eta: geez, alley, i thought things were screwy here....that blows my mind!

No worries - you can always find me here! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results