Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Justice is served.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:clap:

Once again, I'm so glad that nowadays most people carry around a video camera.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's a start. Much more needs coming.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
With all the national investment in South Minneapolis, I hope our leadership decided they should invest in South (and North) Minneapolis. His murder was a symptom of decades of segregation, and sociopolitical abandonment of large swathes of the city.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The video did not lie, no question the verdict is right.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent!! I'm glad that at least THIS courtroom knew that black lives DO matter. Considering that poor George is dead, it feels like too little, too late, but it's better than not getting justice.

I will never understand how this man felt he could just kill someone in broad daylight like that, surrounded with cameras, and get away with it.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Much more needs to be done, but yes, its a start. No black people should die in the first place but this is a step in the right direction. May he rot in hell.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much more needs to be done, but yes, its a start. No black people should die in the first place but this is a step in the right direction. May he rot in hell.

Hell?
Hell's just another convenient idea, as is religion.
Hell's just made up and agreed with - but prison is real.

I hope this pile of sh!t gets his in prison, agonizingly slowly, with a knee to his neck.

Justice! :clap:

It's time for racism to finally stop!

Last edited:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Hell?
Hell's just another convenient idea, as is religion.
Hell's just made up and agreed with - but prison is real.

I hope this pile of sh!t gets his in prison, agonizingly slowly, with a knee to his neck.

Justice! :clap:

It's time for racism to finally stop!

Well, being an agnostic borderline atheist, I don’t believe in religious hell. But it’s the best word to describe the worst punishment a human can imagine since everyone has a different definition of hell.

edit: Hell doesn’t have to be a fiery damnation after death. It could be a breathing living thing. I believe for Chauvin, being a police officer and “dedicating” his life to serve and protect and putting “bad“ people behind bars, the last place he ever wanted to be was behind those bars himself. So, in theory it is his hell.

Racism will never stop but like I said, it’s a start.

Last edited:

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Won't he be protected in prison away from other inmates?

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
The murder of George Floyd lies at the feet of every officer that witnessed Chauvin's previous behavior and said nothing. Not until all good officers speak up will the people be safe from abuse of power and plain murder by police. The police unions need to be stripped of so much power.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
408249BC-6193-47F8-82B5-8D62C2E0C143.png

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It feels like a hollow victory. While I'm glad that justice was served, of course, the fact remains that HE SHOULDN'T BE DEAD!!!

Poor George. Poor George's family. Nobody deserves to have their life taken like that. :cry:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I, for one, hope not.

Someone,somehow will find a way to get to him. For instance, someone is preparing his food aren't they?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think he’s going to last long in prison, though it is absolutely where he belongs. Doesn’t bring anyone back.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad that this murderer has been found guilty and I hope that his sentence will be long. I'm pleased by the outcome but I don't feel relief. This is just one time that justice has been served.

I also hope that Chauvin is safe in prison. When a fight breaks out, it puts guards' lives in danger as they need to separate, contain and protect prisoners. When someone dies in prison the guards and authorities who run the prison have to justify the actions they took and prove they followed protocol and safety measures. Being a prison officer is already a stressful job with a high turnover. I don't want anyone else to be hurt, physically or emotionally, because of Chauvin's actions. Prison violence is terrible and we shouldn't condone it any more than any other violence. Let the line of violence he started end here.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone,somehow will find a way to get to him. For instance, someone is preparing his food aren't they?

I agree. He'll get what he deserves. Prisoners do not like other prisoners who are paedophiles, and they definitely do not like other prisoners who are bent coppers.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad that this murderer has been found guilty and I hope that his sentence will be long. I'm pleased by the outcome but I don't feel relief. This is just one time that justice has been served.

I also hope that Chauvin is safe in prison. When a fight breaks out, it puts guards' lives in danger as they need to separate, contain and protect prisoners. When someone dies in prison the guards and authorities who run the prison have to justify the actions they took and prove they followed protocol and safety measures. Being a prison officer is already a stressful job with a high turnover. I don't want anyone else to be hurt, physically or emotionally, because of Chauvin's actions. Prison violence is terrible and we shouldn't condone it any more than any other violence. Let the line of violence he started end here.

This x 100 as to the second paragraph concern.

Before my dad retired he worked in the federal prison system in the US. When you have violence against another prisoner whether it results in their death or just injury it's like putting a match on kindling. It does not stay as just one person usually getting hurt or killed. It's taking a volatile situation and throwing gasoline on the fire. What started the incident isn't why it continues.

It puts people at risk that don't need to be put at risk.

Prison riots and lockdowns are real and happen, causing injury and death to those that just happen to work there.

I hope he serves out a safe sentence without any violence. My guess is he'll be in solitary confinement.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The murder of George Floyd lies at the feet of every officer that witnessed Chauvin's previous behavior and said nothing. Not until all good officers speak up will the people be safe from abuse of power and plain murder by police. The police unions need to be stripped of so much power.

A professional colleague of mine has a friend from grad school who was from Minneapolis and got his undergrad there. He had a couple run-ins with Chauvin as a teenager and college student in which Chauvin was an over-the-top bully using all kinds of excessive force. Her friend as well as others filed multiple complaints with the department over these encounters, but Chauvin never faced any consequences. He was notorious in Minneapolis for racism and excessive use of force and nothing was ever done. If something had.....maybe George Floyd would still be alive.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results