shape
carat
color
clarity

CFO of Freddie Mac ends it all

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/22/news/Freddie_Mac_CFO/?postversion=2009042208

That''s just sad. Freddie Mac was named the 3rd worst Fortune 500 company, taken over by the Feds last year, and needed a 30 billion dollar bailout. I suppose that would be enough to make almost anyone pretty depressed about their career
7.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Gee that''s awful.
the media flurry and hearing the (angry) opinions of all and sundry - not to mention the misinformation that must floating about, from his perspective -
how sad!
7.gif

I feel bad for his family

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I feel bad for his family.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really sorry this happened. I''ve often wondered if "any" of the many people responsible for the economic meltdown had a guilty concience. Perhaps....
7.gif

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
So sad....

I often wonder why these people don''t just walk away...run off to a foreign country where no one knows them to start over...surely his family would have preferred that...

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Very tragic..... I wish it could have ended differently.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh that is so sad... to hear
7.gif

Dabomb

Rough_Rock
Yes. There have actually been several reports of Mortgage brokers killing themselves before they go and spend life in jail for fraudulent paperwork within the mortgages.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I feel absolutely horrible for his family. I cannot imagine the grief they must feel because it is so senseless.

No one person is responsible for this economic melt down, and no one person should be held responsible...even if it is by their own hand.
emcrook.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s very sad. He was so young -- at 41 you still have so much life ahead of you -- and had a wife and child. And I agree, Italia, that there''s plenty of blame to go around in this financial mess. I can''t imagine the stress someone in his position (and he was fairly new to the CEO position) would be in at this time. Of course we have no idea what he was thinking. To suggest that he was just using suicide as an alternative to incarceration is pretty callous, IMHO.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate hearing things like that. It''s happened over here as well and I just feel so awful for the families left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results