shape
carat
color
clarity

Centerpiece bowls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
What do you guys think of these glass bowls (the one in the ebay link) and these candles (the ones in the pic attached)
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-4-Bowls-Clear-Purple-Glass-Squared-Colin-Cowie-NIB_W0QQitemZ150078244435QQcmdZViewItem
Sorry, I can''t copy/save the pic from the ebay site, or at least haven''t figured out how. It says the image is protected.
20.gif

Our colors will be purple and green and these have the purple bottom so I thought that would be very cute. I''m not sure about size though. Initially, I was thinking one or two floating flowers and one or two floating, white candles. With these bowls, I think it would have to be only one flower and two candles. Do you think that would look ok? I don''t know what kind of flowers yet. I want something in season (wedding is in Sept.) and not too expensive. Maybe Gardenia''s (don''t know if they''re in season but I like them a lot) or Cosmos (same issue).
I actually like the bowl in the attached picture, but too expensive. And actually I like the purple bowls a lot but not sure about size.
I am attaching another picture of a possible bowl... ok I was but it seems I can only attach one file per post. Please see next post.

If anyone knows how to post the pic of the purple bowls, please tell me!!!

Thanks!

FloatingCandles.jpg

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the other possible bowl. It''s ok, not great but cheap!

glass bowl.jpg

xapora

Shiny_Rock
I actually really like the idea of the purple bowls, it looks like they may be a little small for a centerpiece bowl though, they''re only 6" across. Could you try to find purple bowls in a little bigger size? I think if they were bigger they would be perfect!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Xapora, thanks! I have looked for bigger bowls like that but can''t find anything. I really like them too! I think I will buy a sample 6" bowl to see how it works w/the flowers and candles. Unfortunately, I don''t have the candles yet and have no idea which flowers I will use.. but I can just do a sample w/some grocery store flowers.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone else? Come on guys, where''s that PS feedback that I know and love!!

Are the purple bowls too small? Do you like them? Do you think one flower and two candles would look ok?

Thanks!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the purple bowls more than I like the other ones, though they may be small. Perhaps if you could do 2-3 per table? Would that up the price too much? Here are the purple bowls, from a screenshot of the auction.

purblw1.jpg

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks FireGoddess, how did you get the picture to attach??
I actually can''t do 2-3 per table b/c there are only 12 being sold and I just wouldn''t have enough.. good idea though! I could possibly do 2 per table if we only have 6 tables but I won''t know that until I know how many people are coming. I''m not sure I''d like it w/just 2 per table though, I think 3 would look better.
I wish I could find them bigger!!!

xapora

Shiny_Rock
Well I''d say go for it. I tried looking for something similar but had no luck! I love the idea though. I think they would look good with two candles and a flower, and perhaps you can just add something around the bowl to make the whole "centerpiece" area a little bigger...maybe some white petals or something like that.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Xapora,
That''s a good idea! I hadn''t thought of adding something around the centerpiece other than votives and that seemed too much since there will already be floating candles in the bowl.
My new problem is that I may be changing my colors from purple to pink. I can''t seem to find purple flowers that I like so I may switch. If that''s the case, would the purple bowls look weird?
Maybe I can have pink, purple and green as my colors.. but that seems like too much. I''ll have to think on this one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results