shape
carat
color
clarity

Celebration Bling

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone planning to get a piece of celebration bling when Covid-19 blows over?

DK :))

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, the thought had crossed my mind! :think:
I have a vintage chrysoberyl ring arriving on Tuesday then that will probably be it for a while.
Planning something new will help to keep me (relatively) sane too!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m mentally building a savings pot from all the expenses we’re saving, but will likely do something lovely with the kids with it rather than bling. Although the way talk is going about extending lockdowns, there unfortunately may be funds for both...

How about you @dk168 , any cogs whirring? Did you manage to receive your bangle before lockdown started?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niffler75 I am toying with a tennis bracelet, about 4ct bezel set, 7.5cm. I could not justify it before, however, Covid-19 changed that, in that the future is not always guaranteed. It will be a very early big 60 birthday present to myself. :lol-2:

@lissyflo no, not yet, as I believe the bench is on lockdown as it is not essential. ::)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably not with bling as who knows if we will have any income after Covid 19...but yes we are going to celebrate! With all our loved ones and I am going to hug everyone so tight and long. I am not going to be the first to pull away from a hug...fair warning to all my loved ones. :lol:

The last time our family was all together was June 2019...please don't let that be the last time we will be together...

missygregdaddymommyjune2019.jpeg.png

missyandalexajune2019.png

debbiemarkbethanyalexaandzena.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 8.22.11 AM.png

Last edited:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to see my mom. I did tell the kiddo we could get a pandemic survival goldfish!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am planning to visit my mum and bro in Vancouver in Nov/Dec this year, postponed from May/Jun, and shall definitely give them some hugs when I see them.
Still not looking forward to being told I should lose more weight, even after having lost a stone/14lb already though. :roll2: :lol-2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would dearly love to set some stones I have but our income has definitely been affected by the virus so who knows.

One thing I am greatly looking forward to is to go out again and wear all my gems out.

I'm also reminded of how fragile life is and whilst sometimes I've gently berated myself for spending so much on bling (hehe only very gently) I'm so glad I did buy everything I wanted. It brought me so much joy in the moment. I wore it out, showed it off, enjoyed it and for that I'm so so so glad. Who knows what the future holds but I got to enjoy those pieces so that was great.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
No, don't think so, but I plan on selling some things? I'm in clean out mode.
The way I'll celebrate is with more awareness and appreciation for life. I'll admire others new pieces tho, I'm a pricescoper!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m hoping to get a WF bangle :D

sparlie

Shiny_Rock
Probably not with bling as who knows if we will have any income after Covid 19...but yes we are going to celebrate! With all our loved ones and I am going to hug everyone so tight and long. I am not going to be the first to pull away from a hug...fair warning to all my loved ones. :lol:

The last time our family was all together was June 2019...please don't let that be the last time we will be together...

missygregdaddymommyjune2019.jpeg.png

missyandalexajune2019.png

debbiemarkbethanyalexaandzena.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 8.22.11 AM.png

What beautiful photos! Even better than bling!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have several personal projects that are all on hold, who knows for how long!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually can’t imagine buying any more bling, ever, at this point. This whole episode has been a huge wake up call for me in terms of what’s important. I will love and wear the pieces I already have and frequent PS to admire everyone else’s amazing jewels!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone planning to get a piece of celebration bling when Covid-19 blows over?

I’ll probably be resetting my new gray diamond but that’s about it.
Most of my celebrating will be in the form of eating at my favorite restaurants and traveling and seeing my spouse again (sending him off to live with his folks).

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am almost certain I shall be getting a tennis bracelet, just contemplating if I could get it sooner even when I cannot go anywhere!

DK :lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Specification and budget sent to the bench I use in China for a tennis bracelet.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Specification and budget sent to the bench I use in China for a tennis bracelet.

I've been checking out the ones that US Costco sells for ages because they are way cheaper than anything I can buy here - go to the Costco website put in a US postcode that you know and check them out.... there is a thread here somewhere about Costco diamonds and their jewellery being O.K the main gripe seems to be that the clasps on some of the bracelets need replacing which isn't that difficult to get done.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@arkieb1 they don't have any bezel set tennis bracelets, I did check them out as well as IDJ.

IDJ has bezel set ones, however, not in the carat weight that I am after, and they will end up costing more than the bench in China that I use.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We will be hunkering down financially as the economy is looking unstable and depressed. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop wearing bling. In fact, I will try to wear my bling more often instead.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would dearly love to set some stones I have but our income has definitely been affected by the virus so who knows.

One thing I am greatly looking forward to is to go out again and wear all my gems out.

I'm also reminded of how fragile life is and whilst sometimes I've gently berated myself for spending so much on bling (hehe only very gently) I'm so glad I did buy everything I wanted. It brought me so much joy in the moment. I wore it out, showed it off, enjoyed it and for that I'm so so so glad. Who knows what the future holds but I got to enjoy those pieces so that was great.

I love your sentiment and couldn’t agree more. You love what you have acquired and thoroughly enjoy them. That is the true essence of a jewelry lover!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@arkieb1 they don't have any bezel set tennis bracelets, I did check them out as well as IDJ.

IDJ has bezel set ones, however, not in the carat weight that I am after, and they will end up costing more than the bench in China that I use.

I saw some bezel set ones on there ages ago and I also think it varies what they have in stock from state to state, but if you can get it made cheaper that's a bonus =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results