shape
carat
color
clarity

CC Refund Question

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The dreaded fraud occurred today and I had to cancel my CC. I also have a LGD that will arrive tonight and I plan to return it. What will happen when they try to refund my CC that has now been canceled? I hope this isn't a nightmare.

Anyone had this happen?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The dreaded fraud occurred today and I had to cancel my CC. I also have a LGD that will arrive tonight and I plan to return it. What will happen when they try to refund my CC that has now been canceled? I hope this isn't a nightmare.

Anyone had this happen?

Gussie, they've canceled the CARD but not your ACCOUNT, correct? In that case the credit should still show up just fine. I had something similar happen (card was just lost though, but canceled nonetheless) and when I got a refund on something it showed up no problem, so hopefully it will be the same for you!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Dee*Jay. I hope this is the case. Seems like this happens every year or so. I have so much on auto pay and it's a big hassle to change it all. Glad to know tge refund will be ok!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
yea as long as you got a new card for the same account it will go through with no issues as @Dee*Jay said

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your new card is issued from the same financial institution, the refund will be applied to your new card/account ... granted, depending on timing, it could take an extra couple days to process. Wouldn’t hurt to give your CC company a call and let them know you have a refund forthcoming so they don’t question whether it’s part of the fraud & delay processing it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results