shape
carat
color
clarity

Cat Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
My new cat, Shogun, doesn''t always cover his "business". He does sometimes but other times I see or hear him scratching on the inside of the litterbox lid. Do you think he''s confused and *thinks* he''s covering it up by scratching the lid? Or is his box too small maybe? Its not a tiny box... I''d say medium to large maybe? What do you think?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2009 4:50:01 PM
Author:oobiecoo
My new cat, Shogun, doesn''t always cover his ''business''. He does sometimes but other times I see or hear him scratching on the inside of the litterbox lid. Do you think he''s confused and *thinks* he''s covering it up by scratching the lid? Or is his box too small maybe? Its not a tiny box... I''d say medium to large maybe? What do you think?
Mine do this, sometimes they don''t bury it or they scratch away nearby and miss the poo altogether - sounds normal to me oobs.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Sounds normal to me!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
All the cats I''ve had do this.
20.gif

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately...completely normal in my experience.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto the others - we have one kitty who does this. What''s even funnier is that sometimes her sister will go in after her and bury it with a huffy attitude LOL
3.gif

How is Mr. Shogun doing?

lulu

Ideal_Rock
My three are all different. One digs a hole deep enough for a well and then covers it up.The little boy is always in a hurry and barely covers it. Margaret goes right next to the box and then scratches spilled litter on top. Close enough.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Mine seem to do all sorts of things, from getting in and scratching around and not doing anything (they do this is the garden too and scatter bark chip and dirt everywhere), to covering neatly, to just having a big crap and leaving it uncovered and steaming. They always do it in the box though, they are very good. And they come and let us know in no uncertain terms if the boxes need attending too.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Any new pictures of Shogun?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2009 7:39:04 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Ditto the others - we have one kitty who does this. What''s even funnier is that sometimes her sister will go in after her and bury it with a huffy attitude LOL
3.gif

How is Mr. Shogun doing?
Thats hysterical!!!
9.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I had completely forgotten about this thread!

Its so funny that everyone''s cats seem to have their own little potty quirks lol. I guess Shogun''s box scratching is normal then!

There is always something new with Shogun... the past couple of days he''s been hiding underneath the guest bed. No clue why! Today he''s been sick... I though he was trying to cough up a hairball but apparently he''s been eating PAPER
20.gif
and ended up spitting some up so I guess thats what was wrong. I kept following him around trying to put a paper towel under him so he didn''t just vomit on the carpet but he prefers carpet
20.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Sounds normal to me also. Right now, I''m toilet training my cat. True story: I had just moved into my new (to me) house and I was setting up one of those electric Littermaid things and my husband is out of town and my head was going to explode trying to figure out how to put it together when I hear what sounds like someone peeing on a toilet. Imagine my surprise when it was my cat going pee on the toilet. Ever since then my cat''s been peeing in the toilet but I can''t seem to get him to poop there. Obviously, it''s not a full success until he does so I''m crossing my fingers.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 8:41:11 PM
Author: heraanderson
Sounds normal to me also. Right now, I''m toilet training my cat. True story: I had just moved into my new (to me) house and I was setting up one of those electric Littermaid things and my husband is out of town and my head was going to explode trying to figure out how to put it together when I hear what sounds like someone peeing on a toilet. Imagine my surprise when it was my cat going pee on the toilet. Ever since then my cat''s been peeing in the toilet but I can''t seem to get him to poop there. Obviously, it''s not a full success until he does so I''m crossing my fingers.

Haha, smart kitty! I wish I could teach my kitties to go in the toilet!

I have one kitty that has serious issues - we think she''s blind in one eye, her balance is messed up so she falls a lot, and she used to have seizures until I made my dad stop giving her sweets - and she never covers her poop. She will reach outside the box and pretend to dig the air, then toddle off. And it REEKS!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto the others - we have one kitty who does this. What's even funnier is that sometimes her sister will go in after her and bury it with a huffy attitude LOL
3.gif

How is Mr. Shogun doing?

One of our three (Vince) is always covering the other guys' poo! We call him the House Manager because he's constantly checking things out wherever there is action in the house, and the way he walks over and assesses the situation it looks like he's trying to make sure everyone's being well behaved and keeping the house in order. When he's not investigating he sits up very straight and silently observes the situation. It's hilarious.

ANYWAY . . . oobie, we have those litter boxes with very high sides, and I imagine it's harder for them to paw the air with them. Perhaps it's worth a shot?
Here's a picture.

We use them because Mr. Manager paws the litter with such spirit that it flies all over the place, otherwise.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2009 11:15:58 AM
Author: Haven

3.gif

How is Mr. Shogun doing?

One of our three (Vince) is always covering the other guys'' poo! We call him the House Manager because he''s constantly checking things out wherever there is action in the house, and the way he walks over and assesses the situation it looks like he''s trying to make sure everyone''s being well behaved and keeping the house in order. When he''s not investigating he sits up very straight and silently observes the situation. It''s hilarious.

ANYWAY . . . oobie, we have those litter boxes with very high sides, and I imagine it''s harder for them to paw the air with them. Perhaps it''s worth a shot?
Here''s a picture.

We use them because Mr. Manager paws the litter with such spirit that it flies all over the place, otherwise.

Haven, we have those exact litter boxes, but they still paw at mid air, or the carpet.
20.gif

One cat has his butt in the box, and front body out the little cut-out area for them to enter with front paws on the carpet. He drops his business, and walks the rest of his body out, and paws the carpet. The other cat just goes all the way in, drops, and leaves completely and paws the wall.

Cats are bizarre.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
My parents have a cat who would pee and poop in the toilet also. Just started doing it one day on her own.

I love when the cats cover their food with air. We are always like, great thinking the other other will never find it now. Cats are the best!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our male cat loves to dig to China. He will get into the litter box JUST to dig.
20.gif
Our female cat is a princess and does not like to get her paws dirty. She NEVER, EVER covers her waste.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results