Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, but I'd make a mess of it

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I CAN.. but this is probably not what you're asking... :lol:

1614267777867.png

This is exactly what I'd do as well, Yes I can crack it with one hand but there would be a BIG mess to clean up.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ew your right @kenny
I hate getting egg slim on me
i remember when i was a kid there was a playground rummor raw egg white caused warts on your hands
im sure that's in no way true but to this day if i even get a glob of raw egg white on me i scrub it off with soap and water asap

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep! Worked in a deli for a year. We cracked eggs fresh each morning for breakfast sandwiches. Would crack and whisk them all as prep do just had to pour out and cook as ordered. That was a lot of eggs!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mean without involvement of a hard surface?

No.
I just meant the way folks usually crack eggs, usually by banging it against some hard surface.
I seen some tap it with a handy knife, spoon etc.
Others might press a fingernail into it.

I'm sure another place people vary is their tolerance for raw egg getting on hands or dripping here and there.
Personally, I don't want any egg on my fingers or the outside of the bowl or pan I'm cracking them into.
Because food-borne illness I'd stop and wash my hands and make a point to not mingle that bowl with the regular dirty dishes.

Chefs on TV work so quickly with everything, presumably because there isn't time to be fussy and slow in a restaurant kitchen.
Many don't care that some egg drips on the counter or on the outside of the bowl or gets on their hands.
Some even keep working with raw egg on their hands, grabbing a mixing spoon, knife, or using those contaminated fingers to grab a pinch of salt from a little bowl, contaminating the salt left in the bowl.

Another thing, I take the time to get nearly all the egg out of both sides of the shell.
I've seen chefs on TV go so fast that they throw away a considerable amount of the egg, maybe 10% or so.
OCD tightwad Kenny tries to avoid wasting any food.

Last edited:

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just for p0rn. :mrgreen:

... kidding

I have seen my FCD pics used around the Internet, sometimes by a vendor of FCDs.
This used to bother me.
Now I just smile, mutter Whatevs, and register the compliment.

What if hypothetically someone wanted to use an image for home decor??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results