carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1438530275|3910103 said:
Thanks AHL. I actually don't want to know the gender and asked them to black it out before giving me other results. Hopefully they'll remember to do it.

I hope so too since that is your wish! One of my coworkers was emailed her results and bam, the sex was the first item. She was disappointed because she wanted a surprise but took it in stride. Was your first a surprise as well?

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I hope they don't spill the beans for you, Baby! My office called with the results of my panorama test and she asked before revealing the gender even though I had already said we did want to know- I appreciated the the thoughtfulness of the nurse to double check!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was nice of them, aviastar. OB's staff is not detail-oriented but the diagnostic center's is so I'm hoping the info is hidden before it gets into my chart.

AHL, yes first was a surprise too. Just some extra motivation when pushing. Plus I loved the old-fashioned aspect of my OB telling me "it's a boy."

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
31 week appointment today and I LOST 2 lbs- so take that snotty midwife!

Also, the receptionist told me that at my next appointment, in two weeks, I should make all my remaining one week appointments for Septemeber :shock:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
aviastar|1438649729|3910749 said:

Also, the receptionist told me that at my next appointment, in two weeks, I should make all my remaining one week appointments for Septemeber :shock:

Wow you're really getting there!

April20

Ideal_Rock
aviastar|1438649729|3910749 said:

You are almost there! I know how good that feels!!

And yay you on 2 lb loss. That midwife can shove it!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JGator|1437682338|3906653 said:
LV, great to hear from you. How is life with 2? And, does your little boy sleep? That is my greatest fear (sleep deprivation), by the way. Thanks for asking about MIL - she is doing better than expected so far with chemo. Next cycle starts next week - my DH is going there this weekend.

My DH finished taking down a flower wallpaper border in the baby room so now we have to decide if the existing Yellow is okay or if I want it painted Grey. I am leaning towards grey.

JGator - I never did reply to you about sleep! I meant to, but in my exhausted state, never had a chance to come back, haha. So that answers your question. Yeah, he sleeps, like 2, 2.5 sometimes 3 hours at a time. I think sleep deprivation is a given for the first three months, sorry! I'm hoping it gets a little better at 3 mos plus, but we'll see. Will you keep your nanny for your daughter while you are on maternity leave? I would highly recommend doing so! Anyway, I think I'm going to start a new sleep thread because I don't know what to do differently. Put baby in crib when drowsy, uh-huh. Never works for me! Anyway, something needs to change as I plan to go back to work (PT, thankfully) in another month. I would really prefer not to (go back to work!), but it is what it is.

Re: having two -- it's pretty sweet, I have to say. My daughter just adores her little brother, loves to spend time with him, will read to him and entertain him.

Did you decide on painting or not? We went with grey, but had a really tough time picking the color. There is a mind-boggling range of grey paints out there!

How is your itchiness?

AHL - Yay for first flutters! Pregnancy is so amazing, and it seems like you're enjoying it!!

Aviastar - Counting down!! Yay!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
So thought you guys might find how our dog is taking the new baby funny. He's her self appointed keeper and guardian. At least in his mind. He insists on being in my lap while I nurse if I'm in the glider. He also steals her stuff when he can!

_33018.jpg

_33019.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh!! So adorable!! And, really really sweet!!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
April, love your doggie with the paci - so cute!!!

LV, thanks for reality check on sleep deprivation headed my way. We plan to keep the nanny while I'm on maternity leave which will be good for K's routine. I am worried once she gets her hands on the baby though that we are ruined for sleep as she instilled some bad sleep habits with K! I think I can take about 4 months off. I have a grey paint sample - BM Stonington Grey. What did you go with? I still haven't put it up on the wall yet. I also have some other samples for the living room and dining room that are more of a greige. I think we'll go with the same for our room as baby's more grey, grey. Itchinesss is not good. It comes and goes though - usually miserable at night. I do not have cholestatis now according to last week's blood test - but I need to keep getting tested as they don't know why I am so itchy in the spots that I am itchy. My fingers were horribly itchy on the weekend - felt like ant bites. I have scratches all over my lower legs. I'm glad to hear about your daughter's adjustment to the baby as K has been the center of our universe for almost 3 years so it's going to be emotionally hard on me and her, I think.

Avia, congrats on 31 weeks!

AHL, congrats on the flutters! So excited for you!

AFM, itchiness central over here. Our upstairs AC broke 2 days ago, and my DH is currently flying back from his visit to his mom's so hopefully that will get fixed ASAP. I will be 28 weeks on Friday which is also my birthday. I'm excited to reach that viability milestone. Our daughter has been waking up at 4am lately so I'm not sleeping well combined with the itchiness and side pains. Last night, I slept on the floor next to her toddler bed on/off for 2 hours and moved her to our bed at 6am. In our bed, she moves all over and falls out sometimes so I try to avoid that! We have a king and she manages to squash me into a tiny sliver of the edge of the bed somehow!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
JGator, Aviastar and everyone else, thinking of you and wishing you good thoughts for the rest of your pregnancies. Can't believe how far you are getting!

I shouldn't be posting here anymore, but just to answer LV, Ev is still in daycare, but it is just impossible to keep our same routine at night and in the morning and weekends with the two babies. I'm hoping things eventually calm down and normalize, but now, we're in pure survival mode. I don't even want to think about going back to work in 7 weeks, depending on how baby girl is by then. Ev is probably at the age where he was going to start acting out anyway, but I feel like the babies have exasperated it. He's still sweet most of the time, but he's not listening very well. And we're doing a lot of bribing.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So once again baby was extremely active and it took over an hour to get all of the measurements. Everything looks good except the baby has bilateral choroid plexus cysts. I've run across these before and I know that while they can be a soft marker for T21 that they are very often just anomalies that correct themselves. I also read that even if they don't they don't actually cause any harm. This did qualify me for the Progenity test and they did the blood draw today. I know that overwhelmingly the odds are in my favor so I haven't let myself get upset. I'll cross that bridge if the results from the screening warrant it. I should know in a week or two. They were able to tell the sex, they faxed my baker and we'll find out tomorrow with surprise cupcakes for my Mom's bday.

_33082.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock
Oh AHL, look at that sweet baby! I hope the cysts are nothing and I cannot wait to hear if it's a boy or girl!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I know I don't "go" here anymore but I wanted to update on Eliza's foot. We saw the pediatric orthopedist this week and it's not a club foot!!!! There's a technical term for what happened but I can't remember it now. Layman's terms- crunched in the womb! It will resolve itself with time- typically before she turns two. It should not effect walking or anything. We are SO relieved. Especially DH.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent, April! So great to hear! How is everything else going with your recovery?

AHL-I'm sorry to hear about the cysts! But it sounds hopeful that they will resolve themselves- we'll all keep our fingers crossed for that! How did the cupcake reveal go? And......are we adding another gent or lady to the list? :bigsmile: Don't you love the flutters?

Thank you, MP- I love that you are still posting updates here- I would be very sad to miss them! I'm continuing to hold you all in my heart as you adjust. Pure Survival is GREAT right now! Would it be awesome if you could be enjoying? Yes, but you are enduring- which is a victory. And soon you will be surviving on auto-pilot, which is a triumph, and then you will be enjoying, which will be a miracle, and then you (all five of you!) will be thriving, which is the greatest blessing and achievement ever! I know it's tough for Ev and he may act out some now in the face of the challenges, but he won't remember this and it will not affect his life forever, because it's finite. Keep on Surviving! We are cheering you on! :appl:

Thanks, J! OMG- is your A/C fixed? I'd be in a hotel! It would be a medical emergency! You can come stay at my house! I'm sorry the itchiness is back and terrible again :(( Have you tried ice packs? I've had terrible eczema on my hands (like- I lost my fingernails cause it got in my nail beds :-o ) and I was all about the benedryl and ice packs. If you can't feel your hands, they can't itch! It's temporary, but it may be enough to help you fall asleep.

Great to hear from you LV!

Rolling along here; starting to have more meltdowns. Nothing crazy, well nothing crazy for a pregnant lady, just random crying and some general irritability. At least I only have 8 weeks left! I'm tired and hot and that's contributing. Baby is making big moves now; lots of rolling and pushes that sometimes include jumping on mommy's cervix which is awesome! Still no major complaints, but getting very excited to meet this boy!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AHL, good that you're not worried. The odds are on your side and many of these things resolve on their own. I had a kidney issue identified by a scan with first pregnancy and it fixed on its own in utero.

Aviastar, the last 8 weeks can be difficult. Baby is growing rapidly and it being hot is no help. But the big day is getting closer and closer. :dance:

AFM, still tired and nauseous. Can't wait till this stage is over. got the results of nt scan and everything looks good so just waiting for panorama. Going to a friend's birthday party tonight and undecided whether to announce. Don't want to take attention away from the bday girl but it's a good opportunity as many of my friends will be there asking questions about why I'm not drinking.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies! The more I read the more confident I am that baby BOY is just fine!

_33104.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your baby boy, AHL!

April20

Ideal_Rock
AHL, I am so excited for you! Congrats on your little boy!!!!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies! We're very excited and now I can start ordering things soon, yippie! Just waiting on the test results!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
congrats! little boys are a ton of fun:)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
congrats! little boys are a ton of fun:)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still waiting on test results, this sucks.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
It's been a week, AHL? Have you called to check in?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they told me 7-10 days I assumed business days so I haven't bothered them yet. I have a regular appointment tomorrow in the same building so I figured I would just stop by and check in.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AHL, had the same time frame for Panorama. It took 7 business days and came back as low risk so I'm very happy. I reminded OB's assistant about hiding the gender and she crossed it out before faxing the results.

Now onto some important issues like bling :cheeky: . My rings are starting to get super tight. Some mornings I can't put them on at all ;( . Hopefully as the weather gets cooler and less humid, my hands will swell less but I'm not optimistic. So sad about having to put my sparklies away.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Did you pop into your office today, AHL?

I'm sorry about the bling, babym! I stopped wearing most of mine a while ago- it all still fits, actually, but it made my hands/ears/neck feel so heavy and I have been so clumsy I felt like I was always knocking it into things. So I put away everything but my wedding band. It will be there when we return to non-preggo hood :praise:

At 33 weeks now, I'm having trouble sleeping well and getting more aches and pains. Nothing too serious, but I am having to slow down a bit, rest more, ask DH to move furniture and boxes I would normally do myself. My poor pup has to stay home with DH more often instead of being out and about with me cause she can't get in the car on her own anymore and I have stopped being able to lift her, but that too will pass soon enough.

Soon enough that I'm starting to freak out a little! Hospital tour and meeting the pediatrician this week!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad I stopped in! All the results just came in today and they are all normal! I will probably have an extra scan around 28 weeks to see if the cycts cleared up but other than that it's all good! Thanks for the support ladies!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
We are a quiet group lately!

AHL- awesome and amazing news!

MP- thinking about you every day!

Everyone else- what's happening in preggo land? Hope everyone is feeling good!

34 weeks today for me! All in all, still going strong; some more pelvic pain/pressure, noticeable braxton hicks occasionally, some insomnia. I'm more unstable with the emotions, too, haha! I can usually keep it together but things get overwhelming more quickly and I am needing more support and affection from DH- which he is happy to give, luckily! Baby Boy is head down, so we're both getting more and more ready!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for good positioning! I've been home from work for the end of summer and cleaning up a storm! So much cleaning, lol. I've been reading more and starting to actually think about birth and what I'm actually going to do. DH and I signed up for Bradley classes in October/November. I've actually just ordered an exercise ball to start preparing for labor and build my core as much as safely possible, I'm also hoping it will help with the muscle stretching pain.

Has anyone here done Bradley or attempted an unmedicated birth before?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results