Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Laila!!! The babes are gorgeous!! :appl: :appl:

Mia, best of luck with your delivery this week! I'm so excited for you!! :appl:

Hope everyone else is well!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Laila, congratulations on your beautiful babies! You are an amazing Mommy! Good luck with your 4 precious children.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Laila!!! Olivia and Patrick are just gorgeous!! :love: :love: Well done, mama!! Hope you are enjoying every minute of their newness-to-the-world!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just delurking to congratulate Laila! Your babies are so beautiful and perfect, you clever mama! x

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the kind words Niel, SMC, Junebug, Monkeyprincess, Dani, JGator, LV, and Dandi!! :) :wavey:

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Laila! Your twins are gorgeous!

I've been so bad about keeping up with this board. I'm just trucking along at 29 weeks, and I failed my 1 hour glucose test with a 141, so I go in tomorrow morning for the 3 hour. I am really surprised because I've struggled with low blood sugar my whole life, and it was the worst during my first trimester. Even now, it still gets low sometimes and I have to eat to feel better. I don't know what to think anymore!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love seeing all these sweet newborns!

I've been MIA, hubby has been deployed so I have been keeping myself super busy and visiting family. I have had pretty bad MS, I even sometimes get it now at 19 weeks. I haven't gained any weight, though I will admit I had a few pounds to lose pre-pregnancy. My bump appeared almost overnight last week. Trying to keep calm until our anatomy scan on the 28th! Hoping for healthy, and maybe hoping just a little bit to be on team pink.

I was on a flight this week and this evening I started feeling a little off. Fingers crossed it's just allergies from the changing seasons and not a cold.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1413321849|3767069 said:
Hi gals!

For those who knew I was having twins, I wanted to post that they're here!!!!!! They came a little early at 36w5d, but they are healthy and home. They were born on 10/10/14 at 10:33 AM and 10:34 AM.

Please meet Olivia Anne and Patrick Thomas...
Olivia is so much smaller than her brother. She was 5lbs 5 ounces, and Patrick was 6lbs 12 ounces! :love:

Good luck to everyone else expecting little ones in the next couple of months!!! Such a fun and wild ride, enjoy every moment. I have two toddlers as well so it's been a challenge so far but so worth it!

Laila your babies are adorable! Congratulations! So happy that all Is well with you and the family - what exciting times for you!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I had my 24w appointment today. Everything looks good! I'm measuring about 3 weeks ahead, which isn't surprising given how huge I am. I got a lab slip for my glucose test and a bunch of other stuff. I've been eating a ton of ice so I suspect my iron is low. My CS date has been moved, but to the date I originally wanted (2/2) so that's a big yay! It's my grandma's bday plus B's is 8/8, so that's fun. I got the okay to travel out of town over Christmas so that is great news. I can't believe this is my last weekly appointment and then go to every two weeks. This pregnancy is definitely going by much faster than B's.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1413855854|3770142 said:
I had my 24w appointment today. Everything looks good! I'm measuring about 3 weeks ahead, which isn't surprising given how huge I am. I got a lab slip for my glucose test and a bunch of other stuff. I've been eating a ton of ice so I suspect my iron is low. My CS date has been moved, but to the date I originally wanted (2/2) so that's a big yay! It's my grandma's bday plus B's is 8/8, so that's fun. I got the okay to travel out of town over Christmas so that is great news. I can't believe this is my last weekly appointment and then go to every two weeks. This pregnancy is definitely going by much faster than B's.
I know what you mean about it going by fast. I got my glucose test today too. Luckily they do it right in the office at my next apt, so I wont have to do anything extra. I didnt get a choice. Its orange.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Amc, I totally get you about how the second pregnancy flies compared to the first. Sometimes I can't even believe I'm pregnant, let alone delivering soon! My cs is scheduled on 11/4, so 2 weeks! Eeek!! I'm starting to have a lot of anxiety...most of it having to do with L and just hoping that he is ok with the new baby and this whole transition. I know it's my guilt taking over, but he is just still such a baby and I feel so bad. I don't want to miss a thing with him, and I know with a newborn it's going to be so difficult. Just praying for the best in every way....
Hope everyone else is well...and congrats to all the new Mommies!!!:)

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I had my glucose tolerance screening yesterday too. The lemon lime drink wasn't bad at all, especially cold. It tasted just like flat Sprite and I like Sprite. I'll get the results on Thursday, hopefully they're good.

Doctor says I'm measuring right on track (~26cm at 25w2d). Since I'm low-risk (as of now) and projected to have a "normal-sized baby" (that means 6-8 lbs, as of now), my chance for c-section is somewhere between 10-15%. That's good news for me as I do want a vaginal birth.

Other than that, I feel like I'm in a lull right now. Just getting bigger, but delivery seems so far away still. Not too many aches and pains to complain about, which is good too. My shower's in 3 weeks, and starting birthing classes the week after that!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I passed my glucose screening test with a 107. My office's cut-off is 130 but some offices have a cut-off of 140. shihtzulover, I'd think a 141 means that you'd likely pass the 3 hour glucose tolerance test, but best of luck!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys :) Guess it is time to move over here from JBP!!

I'm 12w5d pregnant with my second. Was feeling pretty crappy for the first three months but have been feeling about 50% better mid day, but still crappy in the a.m. and p.m.

Had my first ultrasound on Monday for the NT scan and so far so good.

I'm also going for the Harmony NIPT (non-invasive prenatal testing) tomorrow so that will be nice as well. We have to pay out of pocket for it up in Canada, but since I'm 35 I thought it was worth it.

Here is our ultrasound pic! Don't get confused by the pink - we have no idea re gender!

ultrasound006_zpsbfaf546f.png

b3925f5e-baf2-4a51-b4a7-05e504435cfe_zps0840d589.jpg

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys :) Guess it is time to move over here from JBP!!

I'm 12w5d pregnant with my second. Was feeling pretty crappy for the first three months but have been feeling about 50% better mid day, but still crappy in the a.m. and p.m.

Had my first ultrasound on Monday for the NT scan and so far so good.

I'm also going for the Harmony NIPT (non-invasive prenatal testing) tomorrow so that will be nice as well. We have to pay out of pocket for it up in Canada, but since I'm 35 I thought it was worth it.

Here is our ultrasound pic! Don't get confused by the pink - we have no idea re gender!

ultrasound006_zpsbfaf546f.png

b3925f5e-baf2-4a51-b4a7-05e504435cfe_zps0840d589.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, Muff!

SMC, nice job on the glucose test!

I, on the other hand, just found out that I failed my test...by 4 points. So now I have to do the three hour tests....which means I have to be fasting AND not eat/drink for the 3 hours of the test. How is that even possible for a pregnant person? Oh, and my iron is low, but I suspected as much given the amount of ice I've been eating lately.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Hi Muff! Hope you're MS eases up and you can "enjoy" the rest of your pregnancy.

amc, sorry about the glucose test. I think that 2 out of 3 people who fail the 1 hr pass the 3 hr test so the odds are in your favor. I think you need to get 2 abnormal readings out of the 4 blood draws they take to be diagnosed with GD. My friend who took the 3 hour had 1 abnormal measurement so she was deemed to not have GD, but she was told to take it easy on the desserts (everything is fine "occasionally") but no other real rules to follow. All in all, not so bad. I've known people with GD too, and it doesn't seem to be too bad - and in some ways, it's good that you're forced to eat healthier, though I guess it does causes worry. Best of luck on the test!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
SMC|1414092626|3771692 said:
Hi Muff! Hope you're MS eases up and you can "enjoy" the rest of your pregnancy.

amc, sorry about the glucose test. I think that 2 out of 3 people who fail the 1 hr pass the 3 hr test so the odds are in your favor. I think you need to get 2 abnormal readings out of the 4 blood draws they take to be diagnosed with GD. My friend who took the 3 hour had 1 abnormal measurement so she was deemed to not have GD, but she was told to take it easy on the desserts (everything is fine "occasionally") but no other real rules to follow. All in all, not so bad. I've known people with GD too, and it doesn't seem to be too bad - and in some ways, it's good that you're forced to eat healthier, though I guess it does causes worry. Best of luck on the test!

I can't imagine I have it, seeing how I was only 4 points over. I agree, seeing how the main "fix" is just eating more healthy...well, that can't be all bad. I think the only reason I would be at all concerned is I already have big babies on my own. What in the world would my baby look like if GD was thrown into the mix? Holy moly. Thank goodness I'm having a CS regardless.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Great pic, Muff!! So glad your starting to feel a bit better. The nausea with this pregnancy was so much better than with L's. It ended for me around 12 wks for sure, vs 16 with my first.

AMC, sorry about your failed test...I also only failed by about 8 points, then I went ahead to fail the 3 hr gtt by only a few points as well
( 2 values). I hope you don't have to deal with it, honestly, bc it stinks!! I've been taking meds at night to manage my am sugars, so I've been getting twice weekly testing on the baby, which is like a full time job. Well, best of luck with your 3 hr....bring things to do, bc that time goes by so slowly......

Afm, I just can't believe this baby can come at any time now. I only made it to 37w 5 days with my son before I went into labor, and I'm 38.1 with this one as of today!!:) Im still feeling great though, just a bit sore and tired, but I'm really hoping I make it to my scheduled day of 11/4, so we can spend Halloween with our son and just enjoy these last couple weeks with him. But, I guess if it happens, it happens, what am I going to do?

Hope everyone else is well!!! Have a great weekend all!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Hello mamas/mamas-to-be!

Just a drive-by for me. We're moved into our new home, and I love it... but yeah... white dog and dark wood floors = non stop vacuuming. I'm sure it'll send me into labor. Except it hasn't yet. I'm 39+2, just waiting, waiting, waiting. Eloise was 42+3. I'm starting to lose faith I'll have a baby despite not even reaching my due date. Thought it'd be different the second time around, but I'm just as stressed out anticipating labor [which never happened on its own with #1] I guess I'm about 2 cm and 90% effaced, baby is -2 [as of Thursday], so it gives me some hope but also means absolutely nothing. Ohhhhhhh the last three weeks. Or five weeks. You know.

Hello to those who've recently joined (some for the second time!), Muff and OUPear!

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
AMC, sorry your one-hour GTT came back abnormal. I took my three hour and passed, so hopefully you'll have the same outcome. Do you know exactly what your glucose level was? I read a study that said if it was 141-145, you only have an 18% chance of coming back with gestational diabetes on the three-hour, and I think it said from 146 up to 150 is a 20% chance. The worst part to me was definitely having to drink that horrible sugar mixture again, but what makes it even worse is that it's 2x as concentrated - I drank the same amount, but it had 100g of sugar instead of 50g like the initial test. I brought my laptop and some knitting with me to keep me occupied, but the extra sugar made me pretty nauseous for the first hour or two so it was hard to really concentrate on anything else.

Dani - so exciting! Hoping you make it to Nov 4th.

PPM - sending you tons of labor dust! You're almost there, mama!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies!

Sorry I have been missing in action--harvest is finally starting to wrap up, so I should be done with 70-80 hour weeks (and heavy lifting) and should have more time to keep up with the thread! I'm really looking forward to Halloween, as it will be my first weekend off since August. At my last appointment my midwife asked me how I was doing with slowing down. I was like "getting there? Give me another week and a half!"

Finally started to show in the last couple of weeks and have switched to maternity clothes. Not sure how I feel about the stretchy waistbands, but I love how long the shirts are!

Congrats to bright and Laila! Love the newborn pics!

AMC, sorry about the glucose test. I have to schedule mine still.

Shihtzulover, glad your 3 hour was a pass!

Dani and PnPMom, you're so close!

Welcome Muffdog!

Congrats on passing your GT test SMC!

AFM, found a great deal on a stroller on craigslist, so I'm heading over to check it out today. Woohoo! My big project now that harvest is done is going to be getting all the stuff out of the nursery (currently guest room) so that we can start storing baby stuff in there! I can't believe I only have 3 more months to get it done!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
shihtzulover|1414407882|3773232 said:
AMC, sorry your one-hour GTT came back abnormal. I took my three hour and passed, so hopefully you'll have the same outcome. Do you know exactly what your glucose level was? I read a study that said if it was 141-145, you only have an 18% chance of coming back with gestational diabetes on the three-hour, and I think it said from 146 up to 150 is a 20% chance. The worst part to me was definitely having to drink that horrible sugar mixture again, but what makes it even worse is that it's 2x as concentrated - I drank the same amount, but it had 100g of sugar instead of 50g like the initial test. I brought my laptop and some knitting with me to keep me occupied, but the extra sugar made me pretty nauseous for the first hour or two so it was hard to really concentrate on anything else.

My level was 143, so I guess I'm in the 18% range. I think I'm dreading the test itself more than the possibility of having GD.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got one of my many ultrasounds today. What's crazy is they had me ahedule 3 ultrasounds out and the last of the three is in January! That's when I'm due!!!

Three months just seems crazy to me.

Anyways he looked like a bit of a pig, which was a positive as he was still looking a bit like a.monster in my other ultrasounds. So we are moving in the right direction. My blood clot is pretty wide still bit has thinned out quite a bit. I seem to be in the clear as far as early labor but they are watching his growth because of the clot.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Dani & PPM - I'm so jealous that you both are so close! Best of luck with the coming week(s).

STL - congrats on passing the 3 hour test! Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here.

AMC - best of luck with your test. Seems like you'll be fine either way, but fingers crossed you don't have GD.

LP - we're also setting up our baby room. It's a very slow process since DH and I are both major procrastinators. We've received lots of gear and clothes already but it's all sitting in suitcases and boxes. Hopefully we'll get around to it by Thanksgiving! My shower is in 2 weeks so more gear is coming in (hopefully).

Niel - glad your clot looks to be resolving itself. It's cool that you get to see your baby so often. My baby at 20w looked like an alien too - I imagine she is cuter now, but I've never thought newborns were that cute in general (hopefully I will feel differently about my own).

AFM, I'm thinking of paying out of pocket for one of those "4D" ultrasounds. Has anyone ever got one done? Is it worth the $200+?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
SMC|1414434513|3773425 said:
AFM, I'm thinking of paying out of pocket for one of those "4D" ultrasounds. Has anyone ever got one done? Is it worth the $200+?

Shop around. In my town, there is one purely elective place and another doctor's office that also does the elective scans. They are around $150. We can go to another town and get the same thing for $80, so that's what we did. I think it was worth it, it was really cool to see. We talked about doing it this time but I think we'll skip it. I will get a growth scan at 32 weeks, and I'm guessing they will switch it to 3D at the end (same as they did with my NT scan)...and that's enough for me. Poor second kid, not even born and already getting the shaft :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani & PPM - I'm so jealous that you both are so close! Best of luck with the coming week(s).

STL - congrats on passing the 3 hour test! Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here.

AMC - best of luck with your test. Seems like you'll be fine either way, but fingers crossed you don't have GD.

LP - we're also setting up our baby room. It's a very slow process since DH and I are both major procrastinators. We've received lots of gear and clothes already but it's all sitting in suitcases and boxes. Hopefully we'll get around to it by Thanksgiving! My shower is in 2 weeks so more gear is coming in (hopefully).

Niel - glad your clot looks to be resolving itself. It's cool that you get to see your baby so often. My baby at 20w looked like an alien too - I imagine she is cuter now, but I've never thought newborns were that cute in general (hopefully I will feel differently about my own).

What's the difference between 3d and 4 d?
I've gotten one where it like, looks like a terrterrestrial map of mountains lol. I didn't ask for one, it was with M, she had kidney issues and I was 38 w a long and they just gave me one.

Yes all babies are not the cutest for the first two weeks at LEAST but the fatter they are the cuter, so I guess I was lucky M came out such a chunky monkey.

I'm hoping he has hair. m came out with red hair. I'm hoping this guy gets dark hair like me, so we shall see. I haven't noticed any in the ultrasounds yet but I'm just about certain its too early.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1414453119|3773598 said:

I've gotten one where it like, looks like a terrterrestrial map of mountains lol. I didn't ask for one, it was with M, she had kidney issues and I was 38 w a long and they just gave me one.

Yes all babies are not the cutest for the first two weeks at LEAST but the fatter they are the cuter, so I guess I was lucky M came out such a chunky monkey.

I'm hoping he has hair. m came out with red hair. I'm hoping this guy gets dark hair like me, so we shall see. I haven't noticed any in the ultrasounds yet but I'm just about certain its too early.

Same thing. Just different terms. 4D is just used to refer to the motion. I can't wait to see what this one looks like. B was born with a full head of blond hair (which he never lost). He looks just like me but has DH's coloring (blond hair and blue eyes). I have dark hair and greenish eyes, so it would be neat to get one with my coloring.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1414454058|3773606 said:
Niel|1414453119|3773598 said:

Same thing. Just different terms. 4D is just used to refer to the motion. I can't wait to see what this one looks like. B was born with a full head of blond hair (which he never lost). He looks just like me but has DH's coloring (blond hair and blue eyes). I have dark hair and greenish eyes, so it would be neat to get one with my coloring.

yeah my husband and i both have blue eyes but i have a dark chocolate brown and DH has red hair. M came out a red head but her hair as been moving, its somewhere between a strawberry blonde and a dusty blonde. Frankly i think lots of women would her hair color so i should be happy for her, but i was so sad she didnt look anything like me, so i hope this boy does. I know he is just going to be sooooo hairy, so id like him to be a brunette. Whats funny is M looks like the spitting image of my dad, who knows how that happened.
Thanks for explaining the 4d. Yeah i must have gotten the 3d.

I dont think i want one. I googled some pics and some were like EXACTLY accurate. I dont wanna know exactly what he looks like. I need something to get me though labor lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results