shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Wow, lots of activity here since I last checked in!

Tigian and stargurl, welcome! It's nice to have some other fairly-early-along ladies here (I'm 11w3d today). I hope you're both feeling well and I look forward to chatting with you both as things progress. :))

Perry, congratulations! What wonderful, if unexpected, news! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a smooth and healthy pregnancy for your princess!

Ltl, great news that your glucose numbers looked good to you, I hope your OB confirms! Yuck on the process, though, you poor thing. At least it's over, right?

Tammy, glad you're feeling a little better about everything and how fun that you got to see the little one again!

Not much new here, just getting antsy to tell people. My dad has had a couple of fairly involved surgeries in the past couple weeks -- not life-threatening or anything, but no walk in the park, either -- so after some debate between DH and me we decided to wait until those were over to tell my parents. We thought it might just be a little too much all at once, and since my dad had to cancel a trip out here to help us with some house projects because of the medical issues, we were worried that he might feel bad about not doing those things now that we have a baby on the way. I just didn't want him to be thinking about anything other than getting the surgeries over and recovering. And we didn't really want to tell many other people before them (and my in-laws). His last surgery was this morning and apparently went well, so we'll probably tell them as soon as he's out of the hospital and sounding like his usual chipper self again!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome, Star! Yes, it is exciting to see this thread hopping!! :bigsmile:

Octavia, I'm sorry to hear that your father has had to be in surgery but excited for you to be able to share the news with him soon! You sound like you have wonderful, involved parents and that's a treasure. :))

Hope everyone is having a good Monday, whatever that looks like! :tongue:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Octavia and Tammy for the welcome!

Octavia - I am actually feeling pretty good so far! A little queasiness here and there in the first tri but not really any morning sickness for the most part. I was super tired from weeks 5-8 and I've had a few headaches recently but other than that, its been pretty smooth. How have you been feeling?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
stargurl78|1370361607|3458818 said:

Octavia - I am actually feeling pretty good so far! A little queasiness here and there in the first tri but not really any morning sickness for the most part. I was super tired from weeks 5-8 and I've had a few headaches recently but other than that, its been pretty smooth. How have you been feeling?

About the same, actually! I'm so glad that I haven't had any really yucky symptoms so far. I'm still more tired than usual, but better than a couple weeks ago. I had a nasty headache this past weekend, and some pain off and on near my tailbone, but overall I really can't complain. I just had to break out my BellaBand for the first time -- most of my clothes still fit(ish) but some of my work clothes have less give to them and there was one pair of pants that just wasn't going to zip all the way. I guess I should start looking into maternity clothes before too long! I've been avoiding it thus far...

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Ladies!

Octavia, embrace the stretchy panel maternity jeans. Your body will thank you! :bigsmile: Seriously, they're the most comfy things on Earth! :lol:

I don't have any big update, just thought I'd pop in and say hi. It's fun to feel the baby rolling around in there really consistently now, I'm going to miss it so much. Not enough to do this again though! :tongue: At this point DH and I are just antsy to meet her. I can't imagine how strong that feeling will be in 10 weeks. Speaking of weeks, I know I JUST said I can't wait to meet her, but holy cow only having 16 more weeks seems like right NOW in my mind some days. I guess I can't decide, haha.

I wonder when I'll have my GTT. My OB is...not so great about these things, but I'm sure she'll get me in for it most likely when I have my next appointment. Modified bedrest has done a lot of good for my pelvis and I've settled into a routine that's kept the sadness at bay, which is really awesome. I still do some things she says not to do (go to the store, etc.) but follow the rules re: pushing a cart. I do dishes and cook, but won't vacuum or deep clean. Honestly, just being able to recline in a comfy chair instead of sitting upright in the office for 7-8hrs a day and walking hills to get to/from work has helped the most. Anyhow, I'll stop rambling. :oops:

I think in the next few weeks I'm going to have to get serious about prepping her diapers. I know we won't use them when she's a newborn, but I'd rather get that done now than have to do it when my priorities are to stare at her all day and sleep whenever I can. Oh there I go, back into "I can't wait!!!!!! mode. :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Octavia said:
stargurl78|1370361607|3458818 said:

About the same, actually! I'm so glad that I haven't had any really yucky symptoms so far. I'm still more tired than usual, but better than a couple weeks ago. I had a nasty headache this past weekend, and some pain off and on near my tailbone, but overall I really can't complain. I just had to break out my BellaBand for the first time -- most of my clothes still fit(ish) but some of my work clothes have less give to them and there was one pair of pants that just wasn't going to zip all the way. I guess I should start looking into maternity clothes before too long! I've been avoiding it thus far...

Glad to hear you're feeling pretty good! I tried to use a belly band and I didn't like it so I've already bought some maternity stuff (Old Navy and Target are my fave!). Or I've just been using an elastic to add some give to my regular pant buttons. I've also been wearing a lot of flowy dresses.

Can I ask how much weight you've gained so far? I'm 16 weeks and I'm up 7 lbs but according to my weight gain chart, I should have gained 5 at this point. I know its only 2 lbs difference but I'm really trying to watch it because so many of my friends gained 60+ lbs during their pregnancies and I'm really trying to avoid that. I've been eating pretty good and doing moderate exercise 4-5 days per week but I am craving sweets so I've been giving in and having a little something almost every night :Up_to_something:

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
stargurl78|1370961579|3463374 said:
Can I ask how much weight you've gained so far? I'm 16 weeks and I'm up 7 lbs but according to my weight gain chart, I should have gained 5 at this point. I know its only 2 lbs difference but I'm really trying to watch it because so many of my friends gained 60+ lbs during their pregnancies and I'm really trying to avoid that. I've been eating pretty good and doing moderate exercise 4-5 days per week but I am craving sweets so I've been giving in and having a little something almost every night :Up_to_something:

Hmm...to be honest, I don't know. I can't remember when I last weighed myself pre-pregnancy, and my weight usually varied by a couple pounds depending on the time of the month. So at my 9w appointment, I was up anywhere from about 1-4 pounds from "normal" (I split the difference and told myself it was 2.5, haha). My next appointment is Friday, at 13w, and I'm a little nervous to see how it's changed in the past month. Really, though, I'm trying not to stress too much about it...we'll see how long that lasts, though.

Tammy, glad things are still going well and you've found a balance between resting and living your life that's working for you! Remind me exactly how far along you are now?

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Girls!

I've gained about 13-14 lbs already and I'm just shy of 23 weeks. :errrr: I'd wanted to keep it to a max of 30 but I don't see how I'm going to manage that at this point with 16 weeks to go. :| That said, I'm working with a 36 yr old metabolism and with my two previous pregnancies I did gain about 60 lbs (boy was that fun to try to get off...). So on one hand, I've gained more than I'm happy about but on the other hand, I know that it could be much worse. By this time in my other pregnancies I was up about 30 lbs by now.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Tammy, don't be too hard on yourself. The weight gain tapers off, so you might still stay in your goal range.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I agree with LC, you ladies can't be too hard on yourself. I really feel like the weight gain is somewhat arbitrary (provided you're eating well). I gained 10 lbs. my first trimester last time and was really worried, but only gained 23 lbs. throughout the pregnancy, so most of my weight gained happened in the first 14 weeks.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks girls. Honestly, I know I can do a lot better with my food choices. If I was doing that, I wouldn't pay attention to the scale. It's knowing that it's my own fault that's the issue. :wink2:

MIL comes to visit next week to help get things in order and hang out since we had to cancel our trip to NY to see everyone. She also booked her flight to stay when Hannah's born. She's staying for 13 days...3 days before and 10 days after she's born. I'm having a c/s, so DH is going to take a week off when she leaves. Hopefully by the 3 week mark I'll be feeling well enough physically and emotionally to handle the two older girls and the baby by myself for most of the day. I don't know why, but I'm anxious about that. :| My parents will not be coming at all at this point, but that's a post for another day...or year. :rolleyes: :devil:

Hope everyone's having a good week and for those of us with older children, happy summer!!!! I am SO glad tomorrow's the last day to get them up and out of the house by a specific tim! :lol:

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, just checking in. It seems like a lot has happened.

Perry - Congrats! I am sure you guys are beyond excited.

Tigian - I am guessing you have had your NT scan by now, hope it went well!

Stargurl78 - Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy!

Tammy - I does not sound like you are doing horrible with the weight gain. I mean you are already past the half way point and you have gained half your goal. It may slow, you just may have to be careful as you may not need as many calories now that you are on modified bed rest. It sounds like the bed rest is helping you a little.

AFM - It has been a very eventful few weeks. I had some contraction like behavior about 2 weeks ago, and my 20 week US showed my cervix was shorting, but they were doing the test abdominally which is not the most accurate. I felt like my doctor was blowing off my concerns, so I spoke with his partner (that created a little drama), and got rechecked. She had me go to L&D and was placed on the contraction monitor. No contractions, but my uterus is a little "irritable." Than the resident rechecked my cervix, and it turned out the measurement at the 20 weeks scan was wrong, and it is doing fine. That made me happy. I spent that week walking on egg shells in terms of my activity, so I am glad to know all is well.

In other news, the babies are looking great (at least at 20 weeks they were). They are growing very well. And, I know the genders....are you ready.....

Boy

and

Girl :bigsmile:

We are so excited!! One of each!!!!

We have picked out the nursery stuff, just deciding when to pull the trigger and buy it.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you Ltlfirecracker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I am not sure if anyone remembers me from when I had my son in 2010 but I am back and pregnant with baby 2.0. It is nice to see some old faces back for round #2.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Ltl, a boy AND a girl, how perfect is that?!?!? Congratulations!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I'm so happy to hear that they're growing well and that your cervix is behaving too. I'm sure that was a scary week!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Firecracker! We spent Fathers Day with Boy/Girl twins who are 18 months old. You are in for a treat!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Ltl! So happy for you and your DH. How perfect! Also glad to hear that everything is going smoothly for you.

And hello to all the other ladies in here!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Ltl, awesome news!! You'll have so much fun with one of each, I'm sure. Glad your scare turned out to be nothing serious, as well!

Allie, congratulations on baby 2! When are you due? Hope you're doing well!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Tammy, Bella, Curly Sue, JGator, and Octavia. We are thrilled we are having one of each, we would have been happy with anything, but this is really wonderful.

AllieLuv - Congratulations on baby number 2! How far along are you?

AFM - I had another OB apt today. Things are still looking great. I am still even allowed to swim and do prenatal yoga which makes me very excited. I have not been doing much in the way for exercise for the last 2 weeks. So I have got to get back into it. My weight gain was great, it had slowed after I changed my diet after the abnormal 1 hour glucose, but I caught up in the last 2 weeks. I am at 21 lbs at almost 22 weeks. Just one lb shy of my goal. The doctors want 40 lbs by the time I deliver, but if I get 35 I will be thrilled. I also found out today they will induce me if I make it to 38 weeks. So now we know the latest they are coming. Not much else to report.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Ltl - That is amazing!!!! Congrats! One of each sounds perfect!!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to all the new ladies!!! Such an exciting time.

tammy sorry about the bed rest! I only made it 5 weeks before having my LO, but I managed to not go crazy! I am sure you have it figured out now, but I kept baskets with stuff to do (thank you notes to write, crossword puzzles, etc) in the rooms I would be in (bedroom and living room- not sure how strict your bed rest is, but mine was really strict! I could get up to walk to the living room or back to the bedroom and go to the bathroom.)

Ltl Congrats on one of each! How perfect!

AFU: Cooper was able to come home from the NICU after only 12 days! While it was the longest 12 days of my life, I know we were lucky.

Here is my birth story:

Saturday, May 25 I started to feel off again. I was having some contractions, but they weren't painful. However, I did notice them, so it was different from when I was in the hospital. I called the after hours number for my doctor's office. The midwife told me to take a Tylenol PM and see if I could sleep through them. So I did. And I slept through them. Sunday, I was still having some and called again. It was the same midwife, who wasn't familiar with my pregnancy, so we decided to head to the hospital after debating about if we should go or not. We were hoping we were just being paranoid, but decided we had to go in.

It wasn't busy at all when we got there at 11:15. I went to the assessment area where they tracked my contractions and checked to see if I had progressed any. I was having regular contractions every 7 minutes and I was 4 cm dilated (I was 2.5 when I was discharged from the hospital almost 2 weeks prior). It was official- I was in labor again. I got two shots of terbutaline to stop the contractions (the first one didn't work). It made me extremely shaky! But it seemed to work! They wanted to keep me overnight to monitor me because they thought my water would break at any second (they said it was bulging and wouldn't check me again because they were afraid they would accidentally break it). They decided to keep me in Labor & Delivery instead of the Antepartum unit while they were monitoring me overnight.

We had a calm night. They were treating me like I was in Antepartum even though I wasn't. It was bed rest in the hospital again (no monitors, IV, etc, could only get up to go to the bathroom). We both slept well and were thinking they would send me home in the morning since I was close to 34 weeks and they wouldn't try to stop my labor again other than one more shot of terbutaline. The night nurse forgot to bring me 2 AM dose of medicine that stops contractions until 4 hours after it was due. 20 minutes after I took it, my water broke. It was 6:35 AM. I was sad because that meant no breakfast! The doctor wanted to start me on pitocin to get things started, but I asked if I could wait and see what would happen. Almost immediately (long enough for my husband to jump in the shower and wash his hair), my contractions were 3 minutes apart. SO glad I asked to stay away from pitocin! They were coming regularly and strong. My parents had driven down the night before (we had asked them not to, but thank goodness my mom decided to come anyway). Mom stopped and got breakfast for those that could eat and brought it to the hospital. I am not sure what time she got there, but my contractions were about 2 minutes apart by that point. My husband had to stop eating every couple of minutes to help me through a contraction. The nurse checked me again, and I was 7.5 cm dilated. She thought we would have a baby soon. The contractions started coming on top of each other. Checked again, but still at 7.5. I was begging for an epidural at this point (9:00 or so). The nurse, Joy- what an appropriate L&D nurse name, started getting things ready for the epidural. She had gone to get a bag of fluids and when she came back, I was screaming, "I have to push, I can feel the baby!" In about .02 seconds about 20 nurses dashed into our room. Sure enough, the baby was ready to come out. I pushed for just a few minutes (2 contractions, 3 pushes, I think) and the doctor said, "We have a wiener!!" It was 9:18- less than 3 hours after my water broke. Cooper was here! (5 lbs 1 oz; 17.5 inches long) I got the natural delivery I had been hoping for- I guess since my body had been in labor over the past 5 weeks it was ready!

The NICU nurses took Cooper to evaluate him. He had to be given a little oxygen, but I could hear him screaming. My mom went to go tell my dad, who had been banned to the waiting room. He thought my mom was coming to tell him it would be a while. He sure wasn't expecting to hear he had a grandson already! The NICU nurses let me hold him for a couple of minutes before they took him to the NICU. It didn't really feel real that I had a baby since I didn't get to see him. I spent the next 12 days going to see him 3x a day. He took himself off oxygen his first night and they didn't need to start him on it again. The main thing he had to learn was to feel hunger and to learn to eat. He had a feeding tube for several days, but on June 8 (Saturday) they decided he was strong enough he didn't need it. They said since they didn't do weekend discharges, we would go home on Monday! We were ecstatic! Then the doctor came and said we could go home the next day (Sunday) even though they usually don't allow it. My husband asked what time we could take him home. The doctor said any time we wanted. So my husband asked, "What about today?" Ha! I was just excited to see the light at the end of the tunnel- I didn't think about asking. But she said YES! They pushed through all the discharge paper work, and we were home 2 hours later!

Thanks for all the thoughts and encouraging words! I know I haven't been the most responsive on here, but I really appreciate it!!!

I would add a picture, but I am not sure how... if someone can help me, I will post one soon!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Ltl: Congrats on a girl and boy!

bpd: What a birth story! glad you guys are home!

As for me, I had an appointment last Thursday. I still haven't put on any weight...I didn't even budge an ounce from my appointment 3 weeks ago. So the Dr. said they wanted to see me for an u/s the next time I come in to check on the baby, to make sure the baby was growing. They said that it can be normal for someone who is overweight to not gain weight, but they just wanted to check things out anyways just to be on the safe side. I'm 27 weeks now (26 1/2 at the appointment) and was measuring at 24/25 weeks. Heartbeat was fine--baby even tried to knocked away the Doppler at one point. As I was leaving, I could hear the Dr. talking to the student and she said that she felt everything sounded okay with me, so that was nice to hear.

It's really nice to be in the third trimester now though! Gearing up for the home stretch!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
BPD, wow congratulations and thank you for sharing your birth story! I'm so glad you were able to hang in there for as long as you did, and that Cooper is home from the hospital already!! :appl:

Taovandel, I wish I could say the same re: weight gain! I had my 24 week appt yesterday and I'm still slowly putting weight on, up to 15 lbs now. My OB doesn't seem concerned but I had high hopes to gain less, as everyone already knows lol.

AFM things are moving along a little faster now. At my appt yesterday my OB talked about having me start coming every two weeks after this next 4 week appointment (so after 28 weeks I guess). She also talked about doing ultrasounds as I get closer to my due date to monitor her growth since I "have a bit of a tummy". She's being nice, that thing is definitely leading me around these days! :errrr: :lol:

She also brought up the idea of me still being able to try for a VBAC even with my pelvis spreading issue. She said that as long as the baby doesn't get too big (I'd guess anything over 8 lbs), it shouldn't make the condition worse. DH is skeptical but I would SO love to avoid the long recovery time of a C/S if it's safe for baby and I. So we have a lot to think about. It really comes down to how things play out in the last few weeks though since I have quite a few deal breakers - I won't allow induction because I'm afraid of rupture. So she has to make a timely appearance. She can't be over 8.5lbs for my personal comfort level and really I guess those are the two main issues.

My mom in law is here this week and has been amazing at helping with getting the finishing touches done in the baby's room. I have to say, I love it! I feel guilty that my older girls never really got this, but they are now and I suppose that's what counts.

The only other thing is that my OB did freak me out a bit re: my disability coverage. I was talking to her about how I'm still working out what I can/cannot do and mentioned that I'd walked a bit in stores but didn't push carts or carry things. She got really serious with me and said basically that I can NOT do that. She then went on to say that if I'm "caught" on a quick trip to the store even without pushing/carrying, they could take away my disability coverage and I would never qualify for it again in the state of California. :-o It all seems a little extreme and I can't tell if she's just trying to jolt me into being afraid to keep me from doing something dumb, or if it's really that way. I just don't see how walking around a store for 15-20 minutes at a snail's pace with an old lady limp = capable of going to work 20-40 hours a week plus an hour a day commute. :rolleyes: So I'm spooked and annoyed, lol. It's usually not a problem, but with MIL here and her not being comfortable driving but willing to do all of the shopping while I sit, I really wish I knew the unbiased truth! Anyhow, ramble over...Sorry! :oops:

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Hi! Glad to see everything is progressing well for everyone. Tammy, I'm ahead of you on the weight gain. I'm up 20 at 24 weeks. I'm not really that worried. I'm eating healthy and still exercising so it is what it is. I was at 18lbs at 20 weeks so it looks to be slowing.

Not sure if I announced we are team pink! Due date is still 10/10 and the baby is growing great. Morning sickness was gone around 15 weeks so the last few months have flown by. In the mean time we are also selling our apartment and renovating a house. All stressful and keeping me busy.

I keep following everyone. Very happy you are all doing well!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Tammy - I am glad you Mom is there to help, that must be so nice! As for you doctor, have you talked to her about work arounds. I know in one of my twin books it was suggested you use one of the wheeled shopping carts. I know it may seem dorky, but at least it may keep in good in the eyes of the law. As for the weight gain, I would not worry. One lb a week sounds good to me (especially coming from someone who has gained 2+ in a week!). I would just keep trying to eat healthy, but realize little Hannah wants to grow! I really hope you get the opportunity to have a VBAC.

Blackpolkadot - I am so excited that Cooper is home with you and that you had such an event free NICU course (I know for you it was scary, but trust me, he was a little rock star to do so well and get out so quickly!). I really hope you are enjoying your time at home.

taovandel - it sounds like you are on the home stretch! I am glad your doctor seems reassured.

AFM - not much to report. Just bought my first piece of "baby furniture" and I want to send it back. It is a nightstand from pottery barn, and it is too high for a chair. I am going to try and exchange it for a similar one that is two inches shorter. The swivel rocker I ordered will probably be here August, and I am holding out on ordering the crib/dresser/shelf until July 4th weekend, I am hoping there will be some sales :). I am by myself this weekend, my husband is overseas for business. The babies seem to be behaving, so I am happy. I find that as long as I don't do anything insane, I am not having the pelvic pressure/contraction sensation anymore.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had not posted any updates prior to this because indications were dicey concerning Princess's surprise pregnancy. We had known for several weeks that it did not look promising and the longer that lasted the more likely it was over - and earlier this week it ended.

Princess and I are taking this is stride and see the whole event as a blessing on the possibilities that still may exist; which we never thought was possible. We have agreed to try again - even though that does not mean any real changes as we were not using birth control (just perhaps little timing to ensure a good ejaculation at the right time). We are not going to go to extremes with alternate methods.

One of the good things was that I had previously put Princess on a very good vitamin/supplementation program - and she had been taking all the recommended prenatal vitamins prior to her surprise pregnancy. Princess, and her Dr, was very happy to find that out - in addition to all the other changes she has seen in the last year due to improved nutrition (you should see the changes in her skin and hair).

Anyway, thanks for all the support - and I wish everyone else the best with their babies and their health.

Giving our ages, risks, and probabilities I am not sure I will post again unless she has a pregnancy that appears stable. I trust you all understand.

Have a great day,

Perry

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sorry Perry. hugs

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Perry, I'm so sorry that it didn't work out but I'll be keeping you and Princess in my thoughts. Feel free to hop over to the TTC thread if you two have any questions, they're a wealth of information and happy to help! ::)

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Skippy and Tammy77.

Perry

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
perry|1372810820|3476296 said:
Thanks Skippy and Tammy77.

Perry

Hugs, Perry and Princess. I'm very sorry things didn't work out for you this time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results