shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Octavia, I think you should be fine (barring any unforeseen issues with the pregnancy, as you said). The last time I flew was right at 29 weeks, and looking back now, I easily could have flown after that.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Octavia, ditto what Curly said about the flight. I'm going to NY from California at 26 weeks and am not worried about it. Just get up and stretch if at all possible during the flight for circulation. I think Southwest even allows you to travel right up until like 36 or 38 weeks. :-o

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
So... I just had a semi-exciting morning. I went in to the doctor's office for my 39 week appointment (I'm 39w5d). I've been 1 cm and 50% effaced since they started doing cervical checks at 36 weeks, and there was no change today, so there isn't much action happening. But my blood pressure spiked like crazy today, which sparked concerns (again) over pre-eclampsia (I had a previous scare due to weight gain/protein in urine about a month ago). So I ended up at triage to have labs done and to have my BP monitored. My labs turned out fine, and my BP returned back to normal levels... until the doctor came in to check on me, at which point, they spiked back up again. So I stayed for another hour for more monitoring. Again, it returned to normal levels. So they sent me home but put me on bed rest and told me to be extra-alert to any symptoms or warning signs I might exhibit.

At one point, there was talk of inducing me as early as Monday (assuming I don't go into labor over the weekend), but given the fact that I don't appear to have pre-e and my BP has, for the most part been normal... AND since I am not exactly primed for induction at this point, they'd like to wait it out.

I'll go back into the doctor on Tuesday morning, though they told me I might want to have my bags packed, b/c if there is any elevation in my BP, they might just send me to the hospital to get this show on the road.

I'm having mixed emotions about all of this, though I can't exactly pinpoint why. I cried in the car on the way home. Not sure if it's because I'm getting nervous about the baby being here soon or about my blood pressure or if I'm nervous about the possibility of being induced or what. Ugh!!

I guess for now, I will just try to enjoy relaxing with my sweet pup on the couch.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Popping in to say....CONGRATULATIONS, FISHER!!!!!!!!!!

I know so many PSers were praying so much for you and to see all your love and faith has led to this tremendous gift... WOW!!!!!!!

And a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I just remember how you wrote so lovingly and hopefully of having a girl one day. You and Paul had gone to Disney and you wrote about seeing little girls wearing their princess dresses over jeans and how cute they were. I remember how you described your dream...and it has come TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And there was that girl who was on a plane talking to her Dad and you marveled at it... who knew that one day, that will be YOUR princess talking to your DH in that grown up intelligent way? Hahahahaha! I'm laughing with pure joy! I don't know why those two memories stuck out in my mind but I remember they touched my heart and made me say extra prayers for you two when you guys were TTC. Just astounded and humbled by this incredible miracle baby.

I had a dream in my heart since I was a little girl of having a little girl of my own one day... and now you have a whole life ahead of you with such beautiful memories to be made... so many things you will share...secrets and giggles to experience together!!!! AWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A lifetime of love!!!!!!!!!!!! A special bond like no other!!! :love:

She is beautiful. Just gorgeous. An angel. I know your hearts must be so full. Your birth story was beautiful!!!!!!!!

YAY FISHIE!!!!!!!!!! :appl: Congratulations, Mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIRL GIRL GIRL!!!! Hehehehehehe! What a surprise!!!!! I can't stop giggling. This is such a tremendous and beautiful treasure - she came down from heaven just for you two! Hahahaha. So incredible!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXO! Thrilled for you guys!!!!

Happy Mother's Day in advance to all!!!! :wavey:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
And a huge congrats to Travel Goddess!!!!!!!! Your little barracuda is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! squeeeeee!!!!!!!!! So beautiful.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
she is adorable fisher, congrats :appl: :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fisher, congratulations! So very happy for you and your family.

TravelGoddess: your baby girl is gorgeous and looks just like you from what I remember of pictures you've posted here! Congrats!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Fisher, I just had to come and offer my congratulations. Callie is absolutely beautiful. Isn't it funny how the instant you lay eyes on your baby you feel like everything in your life--including the struggles--was meant to be? I'm so excited for you (and all the ladies here).

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Congrats TG, I am so excited for you and your little one is adorable.

congrats to you Fisher as well! Such a wonderful, and I am so happy your little one is healthy!

I am glad to see all this good news on this thread.

I am in Miami right now, having an early babymoon. I am 16 weeks and I have "popped." Strangers are asking how far along I am. Not much else to report.

Once again congrats TG and Fisher, and curly sue, It sounds like you are next. Wishing you a happy healthy delivery.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Ltl, I hope you're enjoying your babymoon in Miami! Isn't time just flying by?! I can't believe you're 16 weeks already!! It's so fun to finally look pregnant, enjoy it! :bigsmile: I know that I love wearing my cute comfy maternity clothes, hehe.

We're doing okay, except for my 8 year old having a fever and sore throat. I'm praying tat nobody else gets it and she's feeling better ASAP! We've had a Yosemite trip planned for this weekend and I don't think the resort will let us reschedule. :( plus we've all been excited about it for so long, none of us want to cancel! Speaking of canceling, my 18wk appt is today and I will need to reschedule it. I feel a little nervous about that, but not really. My Doppler and her squirming around are both reassuring. Besides, I don't want to see the scale. :rolleyes: I think I'm up to 10 lbs and while I'm doing much better than my other pregnancies, my ob didn't really want me to have gained yet because my bmi isn't great. Anyhow, that's our update. I'm off to go annoy DD by taking her temp again!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Ltl, enjoy your babymoon! I hope you're having a blast.

Tammy, I hope your DD feels better soon and that your vacation goes well! I've always wanted to get to Yosemite and Yellowstone parks and haven't yet been to either. If you like the resort, please recommend it!

I'm plugging along at almost 8 weeks. Not too much nausea, it doesn't really hit me first thing in the mornings but seems to come on a bit later, around lunchtime, and then again in the mid- to late-afternoon. I can't really complain, as it has been very mild so far -- fingers crossed -- but I definitely don't like the yucky feeling when it comes! For the first time today, I noticed my pants feeling distinctly tight (well, I noticed it before with a different pair but they have always been a little snug so I wasn't surprised then...but these are ones that generally fit well or have a bit of room in them). Is this too early to be breaking out the hair ties? For some reason I expected that everything would fit for a couple more weeks...I'm mainly worried because next week is one of the very rare times I have to wear a suit for work and if I don't fit into the ones I've got, I'm screwed! I did pick up a Bella Band already so I would have it when the time came, so I'm just hoping it will work with the suit if need be.

DH and I are thinking about getting away in a couple weeks, but I've been so busy at work I've been putting off booking it. Now I'm afraid that flights and hotels will be astronomical...I'm just torn because I really need a vacation but it's a really bad time for me to go. My boss is fine with it, I just feel guilty and I don't want to squander any vacation time because I have to use it if I want to get paid during maternity leave. But the next time we could possibly go away, I'll be huge and probably won't want to fly, so if I'm going to do it, then I should probably go now. Oh well, there are worse problems to have.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, ladies! Just a brief post to let you know our daughter Emily Paige was born on Wednesday, 5/8, via vaginal delivery. Due to my continued high blood pressure readings, I ended up being induced on 5/7. I will try to come back and post my birth story when I get a chance.

Here's a picture from this morning, before we left the hospital. She is the most amazing little thing, and DH and I are both totally in love. Every little sound and movement is just magical to me, and I am still in awe that she is ours! With that said, I already had my first mommy meltdown at 2 a.m. this morning so... I can already see how much of an adventure this parenthood thing is going to be. :bigsmile: Incredibly excited for it though!!

day3ea.jpg

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Curlysue, Emily is BEAUTIFUL! No wonder you're so in love!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CurlySue, that is one beautiful baby! Wow! Love her name too :)

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, CurlySue!! Emily is beautiful! Enjoy your little girl :bigsmile:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Curly, she is stunning!! Congratulations mummy!!! :appl: Sorry to hear about the meltdown, all part of the adventure, I guess! They don't last forever ::) I hope you're recovering well, and I am so enamoured by your beautiful bubby girl's HAIR! :love:

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Curly, what an adorable little girl! I am sure Mother's Day was extra special for you. Congratulations!!!! :appl:

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations CurlySue! Emily is adorable. Get some rest when you can, and take care of yourself too!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Curly, she's adorable and I agree...LOVE all that baby soft hair! :love: Great job, Mom!!

I feel like a bad pregnant PS'er, I haven't been posting all that much lately. I think of you guys and I read along, it's just hard to find time to concentrate long enough to put together a coherent post. :lol: Pregnancy brain is in full swing, yesterday I left my purse at work and since it's a 45 minute drive I just left it here!

We had a great time in Yosemite, despite the strep throat issue with my 8 year old DD. She's such a strong kid even though she's super dramatic. :rolleyes: Within 24 hrs of her first antibiotics dose she was out hiking to the waterfall and wouldn't take no for an answer. ::)

On the baby front, wow I've popped. :oops: I'm up a disappointing 10 lbs total but am trying to keep it under control. I take some comfort in the fact that for the most part, it's all been belly and boob changes, lol. I had my almost 19 week appt yesterday and it went well. We talked about my VBAC risks, how to manage my back pain and constipation. So demoralizing, but hey I can handle it!! :tongue: Her heartbeat hovers in the 140-150 range and she loves to kick at the doppler. Oh! I decided to cloth diaper and just got our first wave of CD's in on Friday. They're SUPER cute, I need to get them prepped so all I have to do is wash them once in September and we'll be good to go.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying cool. It's getting hot outside and summer's going to be interesting! I need to get a swimsuit, ack!!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much, ladies! Em is such a sweet baby. DH and I feel so, so lucky. She's a week old today, and so far, things are going really well. She's eating like a champ and sleeping fairly well. After spending several nights in our room in a Rock n Play, we moved her to her crib last night, and that transition seemed to go well. Fingers crossed the good stuff continues.

Anyway... I wanted to post my birth story, as I loved reading everyone else's stories and got a lot out of them. My apologies in advance, as this is probably going to be a novel.

Last Tuesday, I went in for another doctor's appointment. I was 40 weeks, 3 days at that point. They did a NST, which was fine, and checked my BP, which was not. It was up around 140/90 again. So DH and I were sent back to triage (for the 3rd time in about 5 weeks) for more monitoring. My labs came back fine (again), so I did not have pre-eclampsia, but my BP readings were elevated for several hours. I was about 2 cm and 75% effaced, so given that my cervix was favorable, I was past my due date, and chances are the longer I went, the more likely I was to develop pre-e, we decided to induce.

After a few hours of waiting for a room, we ended up in our L&D room around 2:30 p.m. They started Pitocin and immediately broke my water (for the life of me, I could not get used to the feeling of all that gushing!!). I was having regular contractions but didn't feel them for at least a few hours. Around 5-ish, I could feel them, and by 7:30 they were definitely painful to the point that I was breathing through them and had no desire for conversation. At that point, I asked for the epidural... and I am very happy I did, as I ended up needing all the rest I got.

The epi was done by 8:00 p.m. and was wonderful for me. I was not in pain, but I definitely could feel the tightness and some pressure for all my contractions. I could move my legs (though they were heavy) and other than some initial itchiness (that lasted maybe an hour or two), I didn't have any other side effects.

Anyway... after the epi was administered, they checked me again and I was between 4-5 cm dilated. I was disappointed in that, but the nurse and doctor actually said they were really happy with my progress, given that this was an induction and we were asking my body to do something it wasn't necessarily ready to do on its own. So DH and I settled in to watch the Blackhawks playoff game for a bit, and we both napped on and off to try to save up energy for delivery.

Around 2 a.m., one of the hospital staff midwives came in and checked me again. Unfortunately, I was only at about 5 cm and it appeared as though the baby was now sunny side up. At that point, they decided to do some regular changes in my position with hopes the baby would flip back to the rear-facing position.

At 4 a.m., the doctor indicated a few concerns. Baby's heartbeat appeared to be slowing with every contraction I was having, and I was not producing urine despite all the fluids being pumped into me. Because there was concern the baby was no longer tolerating the Pitocin, they decided to stop it for an hour to see how she reacted. They also did some more lab work to see if I had developed pre-e. The doctor said that while she wanted to see what information we could get back over the course of the hour, we might need to talk about a c-section at some point.

I have to say... I was surprised by my reaction. I was very upset at the thought of a c-section. Prior to labor, I had always said I'd be happy with whatever needed to happen as long as the baby was healthy. And that was still true... I was just MUCH more disappointed by the idea of a c-section once it was presented to me. Not sure whether it was fatigue or the stress of not being able to mentally prepare for major surgery or what... but I got quite emotional about it and spent the hour trying to wrap my head around it.

The hour passed, baby stabilized, and my labs came back clean once again. They decided to restart the Pit at a lower dosage to see if baby would be OK, and then a half hour later (5:30 a.m.) when it appeared the baby was fine, they decided to do another cervical check to see where I was and to check on baby's position. Lo and behold, I had managed to dilate to 9 cm and baby had flipped back to rear facing. Hallelujah! So at that point it was clear that we could move forward with a vaginal birth. My doctor said I'd continue to labor for awhile, obviously to fully dilate, but also to see how far down baby girl could get to make delivery as easy as possible.

Finally at 8:50 a.m., it was time to start pushing. Is it weird that I enjoyed pushing? It was hard work, but since I had gotten the epidural, this was basically the first time that I actually felt I was *doing* something. And despite the epidural, I felt soooo much pressure that I *wanted* to push. Plus, it had been such a long labor, I was so ready to meet her!!! Anyway... with DH supporting one leg, the nurse supporting the other, and the doctor coaching me, I pushed for 40 minutes and little Emily was born.

They immediately placed her on my chest, and I immediately started crying. She was perfect in every way, and I was so, so thankful for that. DH was next to me, and he was crying too. She was just so beautiful and amazing... and she was finally here. And she was ours. It was so overwhelming and joyful and intense... it was just an incredible moment. We spent the next few hours talking about how amazing she is. It was almost like she turned our brains to mush and all we could do was say, "isn't she so cute," or "I can't believe she's here." Looking back, it's sort of funny.

After a few hours, they moved us up to our post-partum room, where we stayed until Friday mid-morning. Our post-partum stay was overall very positive - lots of nurses and support staff to help get breastfeeding going (it's going well so far). But it was a bit overwhelming in that there was always someone coming in and in some ways, having all the people there to support us stressed me out. Everyone had an opinion, and I felt pressure (self-imposed) to listen to what they were saying rather than trust my instincts. So that (along with raging hormones and lack of sleep) is what led to my first mommy-meltdown on our second post-partum night in the hospital. Poor DH was so worried about me, but we talked through it the next morning, and all was good.

We were happy to get home on Friday, and since then, things have been going well. Every day, we face a new minor worry (first we were concerned she was too sleepy and wasn't eating enough, then she hadn't had a poopy diaper in over 24 hours, then we weren't sure if she was spitting up too much, etc.), but the worries seem to resolve on their own just as quickly as they surface. So we are realizing that pretty much every day is a new adventure... but we are also gaining confidence in our ability as parents to do the right thing and figure things out. It has helped that Em is (for the most part) an easy baby so far. The fact that breastfeeding has gone well is a huge part of that.

Anyway... I will not ramble on any more. But I will attach one more picture. We took advantage of the photography services that were offered at the hospital and ended up liking a lot of the shots they took. So here is another of Miss Emily at 1 day old. :) Oh how we love this kid!!

Thank you again for all the kind comments!

I plan to keep lurking as the rest of you continue along with your pregnancies. Keep on baking, ladies!

dl_di_img_0011.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Curly - I am so glad you got to have a VD and everything worked out at the last minute. Emily is a cutie!

Tammy - You are so ahead of me, I have not even started buying baby stuff yet! I am waiting until they are 24 weeks, but after the 20 weeks US, I plan to start picking things out. I know the weight gain can be challenging, I have the opposite issue as you as I have twins to grow, so I know how hard it can be to make that magic number. I feel like I just got things figured out over the last week or 2.

AFM - I just had a quick US to check my cervical length, but they also took a look at the babies. Things look good. They have gotten big, and they have a whole lot less room now. Baby A is vertex, and I hope he/she stays that way. Baby B is transverse right now. AFM, the weight gain has started to pick up, I am at about 1.7 lbs a week, it is amazing what a vacation can do :). I am up 13 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight For me they want about a 1.5 to 2 lb weight gain a week, and for me to gain 40 lbs, which seems like a lot for me, but I know is necessary for twins. I went and saw a nutritionist on Monday, and she said my diet is great and really had no suggestions. There is a thread Pave started specific to twins, and there was a book on that thread that has really helped me out, so I guess I have PS to credit for that. I also had a 1 hr GTT test today, that was fun :???: . My anatomy scan is just 3 short weeks away, I can't wait for that. Not much else to report. Still not feeling much movement, hope that comes soon.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Curly, your birth story is amazing and wonderful. She looks so, SO precious in that picture. :halo:

Ltl, I actually went crazy with the buying only after we got the M21 results with her gender. If we had to wait, we probably wouldn't have half of the things we do!

As a side note, my earrings arrived! DH worked with DanielM and I guess there were a lot of snags so it took a long time but they came just in time for Mother's Day. :bigsmile: Here's a photo of the two pairs together. It's not the best photo of the earrings but I didn't want to overload the thread so I just picked the one that had them both in it. ;)) The blue ones are rose gold and aquamarine (precision cut by Bob Kast back when he still did custom orders) and the lavender are white gold with spare diamonds I had leftover and light amethysts I had Bob cut as well. I love them and they're SO comfy to wear. :love:

_6409.jpg

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Tammy, love those earrings! How perfect that they got to you in time for Mother's Day. Oh, and I meant to comment the other day when you posted, but yay for getting your CD stash. Aren't they just so cute?

Curly, thanks for coming back with your birth story! Glad Emily turned around just in time for a vaginal delivery. Looking forward to your updates in the newborn thread (even though I really belong in the next thread since my son is already 13 months old!).

FireCracker, yay for the twins doing well. Are you going to find out the genders at your anatomy scan?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Curly, thank you for sharing your birth story! Even though it sounds like you had some scary/emotional moments in there, all's well that ends well -- an lucky you for having a fairly easy baby and good BFer! She is such a doll.

Tammy, beautiful earrings! I'm glad they're comfy. Have to admit, I laughed a little at the "spare diamonds I had left over" part...only a PSer ;))

My first appointment is tomorrow -- I'm nervous and excited all at once. Hoping like mad that there's a little heartbeat in there (and only one...DH says he wants twins but the thought of that is completely terrifying!). I'm not really sure what else to expect, though when I went for my pre-conception appointment they said I'm current on my Pap so I won't need that. It seems like a pretty low-intervention practice (midwives) so I'm not counting on an ultrasound even though I certainly wouldn't say no to one...I'm guessing there will be a bunch of bloodwork and talking about how things go from here but aside from that, I have no idea. It's supposed to last at least 1.5 hours, which seems like a really long appointment!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Tammy - love the earrings! It is always exciting to get new jewelry.

Octavia - It sounds like they will do a good history, and do a lot of teaching. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

S&I - I actually found out one yesterday, but I am not going to say until I know both....

AFM - I finally got my first trimester screen results back and they are normal. My chances for trisomy 21 are like 1/6000, so I am happy about that. But it was not all good news. I failed my one hour glucose :-o. I have to do the 3 hour test. I am trying to work out the day with my clinic. I don't know how anyone is going to get blood out of me 4 times in one day. And if I have GDM is totally going to mess with my weight gain. I love carbs, I don't want to part with them. If the three hour is normal, I am wondering how many times they are going to make me test being my one hour was abnormal at just 17 weeks.

The other bad thing is I have an ingrown toenail. I never in a million years expected that as a pregnancy complication. I saw my regular doctor today, and she is having trouble deciding what to do since she can't do some of her usual techniques because I am pregnant. I have been doing soaks, topical antibiotics, and a make shift splint to try to retrain it to grow, but it is not working. So she is probably going to have to take part of it out tomorrow, and won't be able to give me narcotics for when the local wears off. I hope tylenol works.

Sorry to be such a downer today, hopefully things will get more positive. I am sure I will have lots of ups and downs.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Love your earrings, Tammy. Beautiful.

Octavia, good luck with your appointment today!!

Ltl, I can't believe you are only a few weeks away from your anatomy scan. Time flies! So glad to hear the first trimester screening results came back normal. That's great news. Sorry about the glucose test though. Ugh - and the toenail. Ouch! Hopefully you can get some relief. That's one of the rough things about pregnancy - there seem to be so few good options to relieve pain and discomforts! Hang in there.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
TG I can't remember if I said congrats on your little one or not, so I'll be sure to say it now. Congrats! SO precious!

Curly, congrats!! She is just precious. Thanks for sharing your birth story.

tammy can you believe how cute CDs are? I can't wait to use them! Glad you had a good time in Yosemite. And LOVE your earrings!

Octavia I hope your appointment today went well. I was so nervous at my first one. I used midwives for my appointments up until I had pre-term labor, and I had an ultrasound at my first appointment, so I hope you get one, too!

Ltl sorry about failing the glucose! I understand how you feel. I had no risk factors for it, so failing the 1 hr completely shocked me. I had resigned to the fact that I had GD by the 3 hour test though, so it wasn't as big a surprise when I failed it. You will probably pass the 3 hr though. If not, the diet really isn't that bad. And if you are able to exercise, it really helps.

AFM, I finally got to go home this week after 3 weeks in the hospital. I am now 32w2d, and everyday I don't have the baby is a success. They had to change up my medicine several times, but by Monday I wasn't having any contractions pick up on the monitor! I am still 2.5 cm dilated, but only 70% effaced (was 90% when I went in to L&D 3 weeks ago.) I am on strict bed rest, but I am so glad to be home. I am finding it harder to be on bed rest at home than at the hospital because there is so much I need to do! The nursery is a mess, but as long as I keep on baking the baby, I am doing my job (that's what I tell myself to stay sane!) I go back to the high risk doctor and my regular doctor in a couple of weeks, and they mentioned that since I will be 34 weeks taking me off the medicine. If I reach 35 weeks, they will take me off bed rest. I so didn't think I would make it this far, so 34 weeks seems so far!

gammygam

Shiny_Rock
Fisher, TG, Curly, congrats on your babies!! I'm so happy for you all and I loved reading all your birth stories. Ahhh babies! :appl:

tammy, I love your earrings, what a thoughtful gift(s)!

Ltl, I'm sorry you failed your glucose test, any news from that?

blackpolkadot, I'm glad to hear you're at home. I hope you're taking things easy and everything will go smoothly from here out.

AFM, nothing much to report. I'm a few days shy of 7 months. Morning sickness finally seems to have tapered off at 6 1/2 months. Although who knows?! I'm getting too big to do like zumba water aerobic classes so I should probably stick with prenatal yoga classes. Everything seems ok so far, didn't hear back from OB about my glucose test so I'll assume I passed. I'm starting to get a few Braxton Hicks here and there which seems normal.

I've bought a ton of things recently though! I picked out our crib and bedding from PB.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/circus-friends-nursery-bedding/?pkey=e%7Ccircus%7C3%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C1&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_- but with a white crib

I'm obsessed and told DH we have to get this rug to match the nursery. He thinks I'm a little insane...

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/play-in-the-park-road-rug/?pkey=e%7Cpark%2Brug%7C1%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C1&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-

I can just see our little guy playing with cars and trucks on it. :love:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Hi girls!

Octavia, if it helps those were my only "spare" diamonds. :tongue: I'm absolutely not your typical PS'er when it comes to my jewelry box! How did your first appointment go? I hope you can pop back in soon to update us and that all is well.

Ltl, ugh about your one hour glucose fail and the ingrown toenail! :(sad Are things going better today? Please, PLEASE don't feel badly for sharing the "downer" stuff. We're not a fairy tales only thread, thank goodness. I wish I could swap metabolisms with you for a bit and solve both of our weight problems, hehe!

BPD, woohoo for getting out of the hospital and making it to 32 weeks! I hope that you're able to enlist friends and/or family to help with your to-do list. That must be driving you crazy. Just keep baking and doing that most important job, I'm sure it will all fall into place. :halo: I'm hoping and praying that you make it to 34+ weeks. :)

Gammy, hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your MS has hung on for so long, that stinks! The stuff you've picked out is ADORABLE. :bigsmile: I wonder if you can find a non PBK road rug that would go well with your set. If not, I don't think that's too big of a splurge and he'll be able to use it for many years. ::)

AFM: Hm it's not the greatest right now, but I'm trying to remain calm. My hormones are going insane, but really a lot (I think at least) is due to external stuff. DH and I had all these great plans for the two of us to do things together this month and we've canceled every single thing that was for just the two of us. :(sad It was the right decision financially, but emotionally it sucks big time. My weight is skyrocketing even though truly I'm not eating more. :angryfire: Like 3 lbs last week, one of which packed on overnight. WTH?!?! :rolleyes: So I'm going to track my calories religiously and get my butt to the gym for at least 30 min of treadmill time daily. I'm so afraid of gaining as much as I did with the girls and am mad because up until 19 weeks I was doing really well for me. :nono: The icing on the cake though is that I'm 99% sure that my parents won't be here for the baby's birth. In addition to the emotional upheaval that thought causes me, I also have a lot of stress because we don't have ANY family in our city to help watch the girls when I go into labor. We have a possible solution (family friends) but it sucks to have to ask them and I know that DH won't be able to stay with me as much as he would if we had family watching them. My MIL is fantastic and will be here, but can only stay for two weeks so she's waiting until I go into labor then catching a flight out here from NY. It's just all overwhelming, sorry for the meltdown. :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results