shape
carat
color
clarity

Call me crazy

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
But I think at this point I'd rather my bf buy me an Asha or high quality simulant. :o Don't get me wrong, i love real diamonds! I just have a really hard time thinking of him spending, i don't know 10K on a ring when I have 3 kids and he's taking on a lot. I can just see that money going further in many other places. i think maybe my perspective is different since I'm a widowed mother of 3 and older than a lot of you. I guess i'm in the minority who wouldn't mind an imitation diamond. But i'm ok with that. ;-)

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, I don't think your crazy! This is why I love gemstone engagement rings. You can get all of the bling factor you want and spend easily half (or many times less) and still have a genuine stone. I'm in the market for a heated light medium blue sapphire for just this reason.

I think a simulant is fine too! I just don't like the idea of pretending to everyone else that the simulant is real. Most people would never know and never ask however, but outright telling people it was real. haha, is it crazy that that is where I draw the line?

I will now shut up before trying to push a pale pink spinel at you. :) Your profile shows you like colored stones... why not for your new e-ring?

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
Actually, that is not my profile pic. For some reason both times I've posted a pic it was some other picture?? that is not the pic I posted. LOL! But yes, a real gemstone is a great idea too!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Semi-thread jack: That's because you've named your avatar something that someone else has named their avatar, if you change it to something unique and re-upload it will stay your's, not someone elses! :)

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YOU CRAZY!

Nah, just kidding. You should limit yourself to a budget you will feel good about. What you choose to do with that should of course maximize your own happiness.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
maebelle|1309883053|2961977 said:
Hey, I don't think your crazy! This is why I love gemstone engagement rings. You can get all of the bling factor you want and spend easily half (or many times less) and still have a genuine stone. I'm in the market for a heated light medium blue sapphire for just this reason.

I think a simulant is fine too! I just don't like the idea of pretending to everyone else that the simulant is real. Most people would never know and never ask however, but outright telling people it was real. haha, is it crazy that that is where I draw the line?

I will now shut up before trying to push a pale pink spinel at you. :) Your profile shows you like colored stones... why not for your new e-ring?
I agree with maebelle. If you don't care whether you get the diamond or not, why not cut the budget in half, or even more, and get a gorgeous gemstone. My birthstone is a ruby and if the DH got me a ruby in a diamond halo to propose with I certainly wouldn't have been broken up about it (it's one of my dream rings- RHR one day definitely). Go with your gut!! If you don't want to spend the cash then don't!! i'm sure your honey won't mind either!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
you can also get a really nice diamond ring for a lot less than 10k. I would get what you want at a price point that makes sense for you and your family.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results