shape
carat
color
clarity

Booked our Airfare!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance and I will be traveling to Kauai to get married and honeymoon in March. I''ve been watching the fares for the past couple of months. The cheapest good flights have been standing strong around $1220-$1280 for two from Seattle to Kauai. I''m kinda anal-retentive, so I have been checking multiple sites daily for fares. I found some cheaper flights, but they were either at odd times, too many legs or were over-nighters coming back home. We decided the cost savings weren''t enough to have deal with the hassles, so opted to go with the more expensive flights.

Anyway, I logged on to Hawaiin airlines tonight, and much to my surprsie the airfare was down to $914 for two (it was $1280 yesterday)!!! I snatched up two tickets as soon as I saw it! I am thrilled to be saving over $300 on what I anticipated!!! That''ll be extra $ for the honeymoon
emteeth.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
whoo hoo! what a great find! congrats!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! What a deal!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
What a great deal!!
36.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Wow that is such a good deal! I should check that out, though I''m not in the Seattle area, I''m down in Portland, OR. My fiance and I are trying to book a honeymoon with affordable airfare and we want to stay somewhere beautiful and warm. And we''ve never been to Hawaii. Have you had any experience with Kauai? A friend recommended it because she said it was gorgeous, yet quiet and not as touristy as the other islands.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Congratulations on finding a great deal!
36.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 2:37:59 AM
Author: chellebelle
Wow that is such a good deal! I should check that out, though I'm not in the Seattle area, I'm down in Portland, OR. My fiance and I are trying to book a honeymoon with affordable airfare and we want to stay somewhere beautiful and warm. And we've never been to Hawaii. Have you had any experience with Kauai? A friend recommended it because she said it was gorgeous, yet quiet and not as touristy as the other islands.
Chellebelle, we've never been to Kauai either, but I've, too, heard it is less touristy and very beautiful. We went to Oahu for a week over Labor Day and I just loved it.

When are you planning on getting married? No matter where you go, once you decide where you'll be going, start watching airfare! I am a fare watcher and always seem to find the good deals
emteeth.gif

If you're looking for a warm weather destination, Hawaii tends to be on the more expensive side. Another option for you to consider would be Mexico. Normally the fares from Portland are simillar to those from Seattle. My daughter and I went to Cabo San Lucas in July and the airfare ran around $350 each. We both loved Cabo. The snorkelling was great there! Puerta Vallarta is nice too and the airfare still isn't as high as going to Hawaii.

Best wishes!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulatins on finding that superb deal! I know that feeling when you see a price that much lower than what you''ve been seeing.........you sort of read it over several times first thinking you must''ve typed in the wrong dates or something!!! lol.

This happened to me too when looking for flights/hotel to Aruba and I, too, grabbed it as soon as I could :)

A huge WOO HOO to you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results