shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking for input from experienced PSers.

I have my eye on a ring from Blue Nile. Is jewelry from Blue Nile good quality? Are their prices reasonable? Is 30% off good or do their sales get better / should I wait?

Also, I would appreciate any input regarding amethysts as I've never had one and am thinking about getting one from Blue Nile in this ring.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have 50% off maybe twice a year. One is Black Friday. There might be a good sale for Valentine’s Day. I see 40% fairly often. Everything I have purchased has been fairly nice. I think I sent 1 or 2 things back because they were smaller than anticipated based on the photos.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH got me a necklace from BN years ago. I was not impressed with the quality of the diamonds.

There are things I would buy from them and things I would not.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t bought anything yet but have been sorely tempted on a few occasions lately. I’d just keep an eye on the quality of diamonds they use in their preset pieces- sometimes they are H VS2 but occasionally I’ve seen I Si2 or I1 listed.

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have three eternity rings (two sapphire and 1 ruby) and several earrings from Blue Nile. I wear them often. They have held up well. I am pleased with the quality.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got an 18 kt wg eternity that they no longer sell that is gorgeous! The rest of my stuff is either yg , colored stone or small diamond.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought and returned 2 things from BN. Didn't like the quality of the metalwork. IMO prices are better at IDJ.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought GIA certified H & A earrings for a friend of my husband's to give to his daughter as a gift and they were lovely & a great price - so IMHO it's just a matter of picking pieces with clean well cut stones.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, usually for jewelry.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your input! It helped me refrain from pulling the trigger. Back to regular price now, but I’ll keep watching and check out other places.

@distracts, love that floating diamond eternity ring. :appl:

@baby monster, just checked out IDJ’s website and they have a similar setting. So many pretty pieces there! I have a gorgeous IDJ tennis bracelet. It was a pleasure meeting Yekutiel while we were in NYC. I really want an emerald and diamond patterned eternity ring I tried on while in his store. Now is not the time for that beauty, though, because I’m looking for a shank with solid bottom on the next ring.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have noticed most of their pieces are SI1 and I prefer at least VS2, so I have not bought anything significant from them. A couple silver pieces as gifts, but that's it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results