shape
carat
color
clarity

Birthstone ring and engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!
I am new here so I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this question in. This is probably no big deal but...

I just recently got engaged! My new ring is a 3 stone with a 1.09 ct round brilliant center stone, flanked by two 0.17 ct stones and 5 pave diamonds on each side. I don''t know the band width(I am having it sized right now so can''t measure it) but it seems pretty normal. It''s got some antique carvings as well.

For years on my right hand I have worn my birthstone ring, an oval london blue topaz ring. The topaz sits very high and the band is pretty thick (there are two rows of pave set diamonds on each side of the stone). The topaz stone is larger than the center diamond of my engagement ring, sits much higher than my basket set e-ring center diamond and the topaz ring is much larger overall.

Is it still appropriate for me to wear my birthstone ring on my right hand seeing as it is bolder and larger than my new engagement ring? I''m sure once I get my matching wedding band it won''t seem like such a difference but my e-ring seems so small in comparison and I don''t want it to be overshadowed, but don''t want to stop wearing my topaz because I love it too!

Thanks in advance. Sorry I dont have pics!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely continue wearing your topaz! It sounds scrumptious (could be perhaps see a pic, hmmmmm?).

Congratulations on your engagement! Your diamond sounds lovely (picture pleeeze), and will attract its own measure of attention. I wear a 1.5 carat diamond ring on my left hand, and a 2.88 carat sapphire ring on my right. People who like diamonds gawk at the left hand, colored stone fans the right. Jewelry should be worn to make you happy, because you think it is pretty and special. Make up your own rules.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooohhhhh, how pretty!!! It's a classic
1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
That is beautiful JBD!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everone for the compliments and advice! I was so shocked when he proposed!

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
That is truly lovely!
love.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Your engagement ring is beautiful! I'd still wear the topaz ring on your right hand for sure. Diamonds are so expensive that I think it's common to have other stones that are bigger than diamonds. And even though the topaz ring is on a bigger scale, it's not a diamond ring and it's not your engagement ring and therefore shouldn't have to compete with it, in my opinion.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring!! I have a 7ct fan cut london blue topaz ring that I wear sometimes on my right hand. I agree that it's perfectly acceptable to have larger non-diamond stones. Different thing altogether.
wacko.gif

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Here is a pic of my topaz ring.
wink2.gif

topazring2.jpg

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
4.gif

Bree, I love the ring in your avitar! Is it yours?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
For what it's worth, I have always worn bolder rings on my right hand. It's my dominent hand & less delicate than my left.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
First off, this ering is just scrumptious! Congrats.
9.gif

II do not think this is a concern at all. In fact, in all my conversations with people about diamonds, i've never heard of this issue/concern--I think people know diamonds are in their own class and don't compare them to other gemstones...Apples to oranges, as they say.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results