shape
carat
color
clarity

Big discounts at the Fortunoff going out of business sale

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
elle, this is really for you since you said you might be going to Fortunoff this weekend. My girlfriend Chris who''s been watching a piece in the estate jewelry display case since Fortunoff filed for bankruptcy just called me from the store in Westbury. She just got 50% off of a $26, 500.- brooch. She was absolutely dying for that piece. It''s 25 cts of Santa Maria Aquamarine with 5 cts. of VS2/SI1 diamonds. They''re turning it into a pendant for her as we speak. I have to take a picture of this thing for everyone!! I''ve seen it, I''ve held it and it''s gorgeous! It''s from the 1920''s.

I thought I''d let you know that the %s off are even higher now than they were when I was in the store last week.
Happy shopping! If you get something, please let us know. There is no website for Fortunoff any more, so unfortunately we all can''t scoop the deals on line. :(

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG that pendant sounds AMAZING - I can''t wait to see pics
1.gif
Thanks for the tips about the sale!!

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
Great deals, but a little scary...
What does this mean for those of us (umm.... ME!!) who purchased wedding jewelry from Fortunoff?
I purchased from them thinking they would be there forever and stand behind their name. Now what do I do if I have a problem with my jewelry?

This has always been my biggest fear when thinking of online retailers to do business with. I think, they can stand behind their product today, but where will they be in 10 years - and then what?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2009 9:16:49 PM
Author: CaliSun
Great deals, but a little scary...
What does this mean for those of us (umm.... ME!!) who purchased wedding jewelry from Fortunoff?
I purchased from them thinking they would be there forever and stand behind their name. Now what do I do if I have a problem with my jewelry?

This has always been my biggest fear when thinking of online retailers to do business with. I think, they can stand behind their product today, but where will they be in 10 years - and then what?
I don''t think that any retailer can promise that they''ll be here ten years from now, not even Tiffany. I know that no one working at Fortunoff ever thought in their wildest dreams that their beloved company would go out of business, but the third generation didn''t take an active enough role in the company''s business and this is what happened.

If you have branded jewelry (like my friend''s wedding band from Lieberfarb) you can always send it in to whoever to have it replated, polished, stones tightened, etc. Every famous/popular vendor has a website and a customer service phone number. If you''re like me and you own Fortunoff branded jewelry, you find a very good trusted neighborhood jeweler to care for your things.

At this point, they may have great deals, 40 % off plus an extra 15% off, but most of it is not Fortunoff''s merchandise any more. The stores have been trashed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results