shape
carat
color
clarity

Bidet recommendations please

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which bidet would you recommend? Specifically, we are interested in the toilet seat types as we aren't doing a remodel right now. Also, what features are nice to have, must have, or uninteresting?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Toto brand from Japan?

I got the most basic one with no electronics as figured the simple ones last the longest. Plus having used the electronic ones overseas, I realize that I won’t use the air dryer etc, just basic bidet works for me. But then I don’t stay in a cold place and if I did I might have gone for a fancier one with heated seats for cold winters...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked into them, and ended up getting this cleansing foam thing that attaches to the toilet paper hanger instead.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked into them, and ended up getting this cleansing foam thing that attaches to the toilet paper hanger instead.

That looks interesting! If my back recovers, that might be worth looking at closer. Right now, I am uncomfortable and have a message to my neurosurgeon as I feel like I hurt my back again. Doing some initial planning and purchases to hopefully be more comfortable if my back gets bad again. Needing things to be as hands off as possible since that was an area I had difficulty with last time.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Toto brand from Japan?

I got the most basic one with no electronics as figured the simple ones last the longest. Plus having used the electronic ones overseas, I realize that I won’t use the air dryer etc, just basic bidet works for me. But then I don’t stay in a cold place and if I did I might have gone for a fancier one with heated seats for cold winters...

Those look spectacular! A bit more money than I want to spend right now, but I need to look through the options again and see if the basic models might be within reach. We are in a moderate temperature area, but our water is super cold more than half the year. Heated seat is probably optional so long as the water gets warmed.

ETA: okay, I must have been at the wrong page. Seeing some at prices I can imagine spending. That first page showed the lower end at $1500+ and the upper end at $10,000+.

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Those look spectacular! A bit more money than I want to spend right now, but I need to look through the options again and see if the basic models might be within reach. We are in a moderate temperature area, but our water is super cold more than half the year. Heated seat is probably optional so long as the water gets warmed.

ETA: okay, I must have been at the wrong page. Seeing some at prices I can imagine spending. That first page showed the lower end at $1500+ and the upper end at $10,000+.

The basic ones are only a few hundred on Amazon? Toto is a really good brand. And the Japanese know their bidets so you know you are in good hands with their stuff.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS bought one last year, I can’t recall the brand but it was definitely a Japanese brand.

We’re having an electric socket put in our new house specially so we can have one.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know anything about best brands of bidets but we do have four Toto toilets in our NYC apartment and we love them. 17 years and still working very well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks interesting! If my back recovers, that might be worth looking at closer. Right now, I am uncomfortable and have a message to my neurosurgeon as I feel like I hurt my back again. Doing some initial planning and purchases to hopefully be more comfortable if my back gets bad again. Needing things to be as hands off as possible since that was an area I had difficulty with last time.

I hope your back feels much better very soon. Sending you lots of healing vibes @TooPatient.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The basic ones are only a few hundred on Amazon? Toto is a really good brand. And the Japanese know their bidets so you know you are in good hands with their stuff.

I saw those after I posted my comment. Much more affordable! I don't know where I was looking, but there was definite sticker shock. I have it on my list to compare options. Wouldn't it be nice to have a way to try each one? I know you can't -- and I don't know if I would want to if they had a testing room set up for you to :???: -- but it is difficult trying to buy with no way to experience each first.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know anything about best brands of bidets but we do have four Toto toilets in our NYC apartment and we love them. 17 years and still working very well.

Long lasting is great to know! Thanks!

Most people wouldn't bat an eye at the back pain I am experiencing right now. Before the surgery, I wouldn't have either. The same pinching feeling in the same spot as before plus the burning and numbness down the hip/leg and the increase despite ice and ibuprofen has me worried. Trying to not overreact but wanting to be ready in case.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw those after I posted my comment. Much more affordable! I don't know where I was looking, but there was definite sticker shock. I have it on my list to compare options. Wouldn't it be nice to have a way to try each one? I know you can't -- and I don't know if I would want to if they had a testing room set up for you to :???: -- but it is difficult trying to buy with no way to experience each first.

I’m sorry about your back. :(
Absolutely understand being forward thinking and wishing to prepare, though. Good idea on the bidet.

I could be crazy, but I thought I saw somewhere a review on hotels based on their bidets. Silly, but if you feel ok about hotels right now, that could be a way of trying out some features or models?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry about your back. :(
Absolutely understand being forward thinking and wishing to prepare, though. Good idea on the bidet.

I could be crazy, but I thought I saw somewhere a review on hotels based on their bidets. Silly, but if you feel ok about hotels right now, that could be a way of trying out some features or models?

Interesting! I wonder if any in my area have them? I have never actually seen one in person before.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Yes exactly! They are supposed to be really durable. I got Toto toilet bowls when I renovated as I realized that many commercial places in my country uses this brand and the reason being that they are built to last (and they flush well!).

Also remember the brand from past trips to Japan where they have really fancy bidets in the shopping centre toilets. So I suppose if there is a testing room I wouldn’t mind trying as it’s no different from using a commercial toilet with bidets? In Japan and Korea it’s common to have bidets in the toilets. My husband just couldn’t understand initially why I took FOREVER in the toilets lol.

Clearly I’m a fan. No, am not getting any commissions from Toto.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know anything about bidet brands. We have a regular one in our master bath, not a seat attachment. When we bought the house, I really wanted to remove it and add a large storage cabinet. DH uses it. I guess I am too set in my ways lol.

But here is a funny story! We were in Missouri, of all places, at a gas station and all of the stalls had fancy bidets. My youngest daughter was probably 5. I was browsing the snack aisles waiting for her to come out. It was a summer weekend so very crowded. She ran out of the bathroom and yelled very excitedly "hey mom, did you push that button that washes your bottom? It's awesome!"

From the mouth of babes...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know anything about bidet brands. We have a regular one in our master bath, not a seat attachment. When we bought the house, I really wanted to remove it and add a large storage cabinet. DH uses it. I guess I am too set in my ways lol.

But here is a funny story! We were in Missouri, of all places, at a gas station and all of the stalls had fancy bidets. My youngest daughter was probably 5. I was browsing the snack aisles waiting for her to come out. It was a summer weekend so very crowded. She ran out of the bathroom and yelled very excitedly "hey mom, did you push that button that washes your bottom? It's awesome!"

From the mouth of babes...

That is hilarious and awesome :lol: . I have heard from a friend who competes with her dogs that rest areas down south are much better than here. I guess I shouldn't be surprised gas station restrooms are too! Around here, I avoid gas station restrooms except as last desperate resort!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just installed this and it fantastic. It is water efficient and comfortable. DH wanted a Toto c4 ?? For years but this one is similarly outfitted. Only change is make is auto lid lift and close. But there may be a model with that feature. We bought direct from BioBidet

Is this similar to the BioBidet BB-1000 or BB-2000? I was just looking at comparison charts and they look the same to me. Trying to tell what the difference is.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Is this similar to the BioBidet BB-1000 or BB-2000? I was just looking at comparison charts and they look the same to me. Trying to tell what the difference is.

It looks like we got the BB1000 so not exactly the costco one. The 2000 is a much sleeker model from what I can tell and has 2 remotes. We have 1 which I have to say have never used. The 1000 also has feminine mode which is surprisingly "accurate". The dryer takes awhile

MountainJuls

Rough_Rock
This thread caught my eye, so I have to chime in with my $0.02! I'm not good with the one liners, so her goes:

Growing up in the Midwest USA, I never had any experience or knowledge about bidets or washing privates after using the toilet, save for one family member who used a wash cloth every time but it was all kept rather hush hush which only made it seem rather strange. I saw bidets on travels to Europe, but they were the basin bidet toilets and I did not know how to use them so I never tried, although was intrigued. Hub's job relocated us to Dubai for a year, and all toilets were had hand sprayers on the wall next to them. Water was always warm due to water tanks typically being on roofs. Needless to say, I very quickly got used to using them.

When we moved back to the states, I bought a hand spray unit that attached to the water line of the toilet, but it was cold and I never got used to that! We bought our next house as it was being built, so had outlets installed by the toilets so we could install bidets. While it was being built, we traveled to Tokyo and experienced Toto washlets and similar everyplace. I loved the automation of it all and the oscillating spray and most of all the warm seat and warm water. We ended up putting in 2 Toto C200 washlets, one in main hall bath and one in our bathroom. I bought my parents the BioBidet from Costco one year as a Christmas present.

Now we have sold that home, and are relocating across the country and will be building again soon. We are currently renting a condo while our son is finishing up the school year and boy oh boy do I miss my dear friend Toto. I have just recently been reassessing the situation because there are certain features I miss and some I could do without. I will try to be helpful but not too graphic.

Heated seat and soft close lid are a must, but like all washlets, require a GFCI outlet near the toilet. I like the stainless steel nozzle of mom's BioBidet and feel it is more hygienic. I found that our hard water did a number on our Toto unit. When cleaning, I often had to break loose mineral build up and the flap that covers where the nozzle comes out ended up looking stained and corroded. I am not sure if that is a replaceable part or not. Cleaning under back of the unit was a pain. I felt I could never really get it super clean without removing the unit. It was an easy DIY to put on but I didn't want to have to take it apart every week for cleaning, so I didn't. Then I got grossed out when I did. Blow dry feature was nice, but extremely impractical. Not enough force to use instead of paper. Plus, for those super smellers like me-not enjoyable to have hot air rushing up past your tush if you haven't washed with soap. As a woman, I found it important to be able to have the oscillating spray during my cycle, but often had to lean quite a bit forward on the seat to fully get clean. Occasionally, this would result in too much water splashing back toward the front rim of the bowl. I also wished the spray was stronger, to get certain jobs done quicker.

What I would love to do in the next home is just get a heated, soft close toilet seat and do a separate hand wand like what was in Dubai(anything from the older style kitchen spray wands to the sleek hand held side spray wands in a shower) but on a hot and cold line so I can set a comfortable temp. After still experiencing some TP supply issues with my beloved triple ply, I am leaning toward flannel personal cloths. TMI to some, but after all, if I am sprayed clean then all the cloth or paper is doing is drying off. I am still working on a toilet use soap system. That certain relative doesn't seem so strange now. Yes, I would still supply TP, but generally this is where I am headed. Ditching the disposables is the norm in our home anyway. Plus, our new home will be on septic, and I would rather deal with washing these items than use the thin single ply stuff.

I do love sleek, comprehensive solutions, but more and more these days, I am getting super practical and don't care as much as the look of things but rather the practicality. Having said that, I haven't sat on the all in one Toto's, so can't say if it would be able to sway me or not.

Have fun!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread caught my eye, so I have to chime in with my $0.02! I'm not good with the one liners, so her goes:

Growing up in the Midwest USA, I never had any experience or knowledge about bidets or washing privates after using the toilet, save for one family member who used a wash cloth every time but it was all kept rather hush hush which only made it seem rather strange. I saw bidets on travels to Europe, but they were the basin bidet toilets and I did not know how to use them so I never tried, although was intrigued. Hub's job relocated us to Dubai for a year, and all toilets were had hand sprayers on the wall next to them. Water was always warm due to water tanks typically being on roofs. Needless to say, I very quickly got used to using them.

When we moved back to the states, I bought a hand spray unit that attached to the water line of the toilet, but it was cold and I never got used to that! We bought our next house as it was being built, so had outlets installed by the toilets so we could install bidets. While it was being built, we traveled to Tokyo and experienced Toto washlets and similar everyplace. I loved the automation of it all and the oscillating spray and most of all the warm seat and warm water. We ended up putting in 2 Toto C200 washlets, one in main hall bath and one in our bathroom. I bought my parents the BioBidet from Costco one year as a Christmas present.

Now we have sold that home, and are relocating across the country and will be building again soon. We are currently renting a condo while our son is finishing up the school year and boy oh boy do I miss my dear friend Toto. I have just recently been reassessing the situation because there are certain features I miss and some I could do without. I will try to be helpful but not too graphic.

Heated seat and soft close lid are a must, but like all washlets, require a GFCI outlet near the toilet. I like the stainless steel nozzle of mom's BioBidet and feel it is more hygienic. I found that our hard water did a number on our Toto unit. When cleaning, I often had to break loose mineral build up and the flap that covers where the nozzle comes out ended up looking stained and corroded. I am not sure if that is a replaceable part or not. Cleaning under back of the unit was a pain. I felt I could never really get it super clean without removing the unit. It was an easy DIY to put on but I didn't want to have to take it apart every week for cleaning, so I didn't. Then I got grossed out when I did. Blow dry feature was nice, but extremely impractical. Not enough force to use instead of paper. Plus, for those super smellers like me-not enjoyable to have hot air rushing up past your tush if you haven't washed with soap. As a woman, I found it important to be able to have the oscillating spray during my cycle, but often had to lean quite a bit forward on the seat to fully get clean. Occasionally, this would result in too much water splashing back toward the front rim of the bowl. I also wished the spray was stronger, to get certain jobs done quicker.

What I would love to do in the next home is just get a heated, soft close toilet seat and do a separate hand wand like what was in Dubai(anything from the older style kitchen spray wands to the sleek hand held side spray wands in a shower) but on a hot and cold line so I can set a comfortable temp. After still experiencing some TP supply issues with my beloved triple ply, I am leaning toward flannel personal cloths. TMI to some, but after all, if I am sprayed clean then all the cloth or paper is doing is drying off. I am still working on a toilet use soap system. That certain relative doesn't seem so strange now. Yes, I would still supply TP, but generally this is where I am headed. Ditching the disposables is the norm in our home anyway. Plus, our new home will be on septic, and I would rather deal with washing these items than use the thin single ply stuff.

I do love sleek, comprehensive solutions, but more and more these days, I am getting super practical and don't care as much as the look of things but rather the practicality. Having said that, I haven't sat on the all in one Toto's, so can't say if it would be able to sway me or not.

Have fun!

Thank you! Lots of great information! I can't bend/lean/twist at all for awhile so the wand isn't as practical. I do have a TP holding wand to use since I had the same restrictions after the surgery and was just unable to move before the surgery. Even that is a struggle to do without moving in a way I shouldn't be.

For septic, you can actually get some pretty nice TP that is septic safe. Charmin ultra soft and the Safeway store brand (with the ducks?) are both very nice and septic safe. Our realtor actually took me aside one day when we had him and his wife over for dinner to make sure I knew about septic systems because the TP was too nice to be septic safe. I pulled the package out and he was shocked. My current TP is less nice, but too convenient to complain about. The Amazon Solimo brand is actually pretty tolerable. Not great, but reasonably consistent supply and septic safe.

I think I am past the TMI stage :lol: as some things are interesting and can make life better to know about and are often not talked about because it isn't dignified or something. Eh. Whatever! :lol: Between not being able to move my back and the meds I am on causing rather active bowels 5-8 times per day, I am desperate here!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like we got the BB1000 so not exactly the costco one. The 2000 is a much sleeker model from what I can tell and has 2 remotes. We have 1 which I have to say have never used. The 1000 also has feminine mode which is surprisingly "accurate". The dryer takes awhile

I just ordered the BB1000. I wish I could have justified the BB2000 with the stainless steel wand, but the 1000 is on sale for more than 60% off. Going to put this on a new chair height toilet. Can add a 2000 or a Toto to the master bathroom later if this turns out to be a hit in the house.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
That is a great deal! Where did you find 60% off? I have 2 more toilets with boring seats.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Do you feel comfortable with the cleanliness of the water? Does it come straight from the line vs. the back of the toilet? I've never used the bidet function in a "public" place because I'm a germaphobe...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a great deal! Where did you find 60% off? I have 2 more toilets with boring seats.

Amazon of all places. $367

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results