shape
carat
color
clarity

Best way to stream music for a party?

P

PierreBear

Hi PSers,

An guidance on best ways to stream music (hopefully for free) for a party? I use pandora at work and don't mind the commercials. However, it seems a bit tacky to do that at a party. Any other websites that have stations that you can choose from that are free? I appreciate the guidance and thanks in advance!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We subscribe to TIDAL and make play lists and stream music from that through our ipad through our stereo. They also have their own playlists which are pretty good but I am super picky. Anyway we LOVE TIDAL and it might be worth you looking into. No commercials!

ETA: Just saw you wanted free streaming..sorry! Though perhaps you could do a one month free trial membership...not sure about that but worth checking out. Have fun!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Google play music I don't think has commercials except for one at the beginning when you start the music. Its free from your computer, but I don't think its free on mobile. So if you had a laptop (possibly tablet would work) to hook up to your system that could work.
They have a ton of different stations, and you can filter it by mood/theme/genre etc. They are set 'stations' or playlists, but you can skip if you dislike a song.

Also, check your cable subscription. Up here my cable company offers a few TV stations with music on them. (Shaw/Stingray music), and the music is offered free on mobile. They have 'commercials' on the TV version (which literally say 'listen to stingray free on your mobile') but I don't believe they do on the mobile. Again, set playlist but you get a limited number of skips per time period.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I highly recommend Spotify.

GCGDanielle

Shiny_Rock
Do you have Amazon Prime? If so, you can stream lots of music via Amazon Music.

P

PierreBear

My husband always chuckles that I ask all these random questions to this forum but ya'll are the best! I'm going to check out all the music options. Thank you, everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results