carat
color
clarity

Best store for wool coats?

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Not sure where to find a good wool coat. I usually go to TJ Maxx and check out what they have.

Just want to chime in and say that I bought a white winter coat a few years ago and it looked filthy after one season. Its really hard to clean a wool coat so that's something to think about if you're planning on keeping it for a few years.

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
Love that coat! I just picked up a similar one by Kenneth Cole. My friend has amazing luck finding great coats at Burlington Coat Factory but I don't have one close by. I check out TJMaxx for coats too.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Macy's at the end of the year

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
I just looked online and Macy's has lots of pretty ones all on sale too! One of the things that drew me to the winter white color was that it would go with either black or brown shoes. What other colors would work with both black and brown?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
sweet pea, I have the most beautiful eggplant coloured coat from macy's that I bought last season. It definitely goes with both black and brown and it is quite possibly the best $170 I've ever spent in terms of coats!

You can see it in our DC engagement pictures from earlier this year.

This is almost the same coat, from the same company, and I think red would be just as good with both black and brown: linky

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to agree with the ladies. Macy's always has a pretty extensive assortment of jackets and coats. I think almost every coat in my closet came from Macy's. If you like pure blends like I do, meaning wool and cashmere and not wool and polyester (i'm not a big fan of synthetics in coats), you can also try the Nordstrom's site, Lord & Taylor and Bloomingdale's always has nice blends as well as camel hair (an old cherished classic).

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
vc10um|1316125957|3018472 said:
sweet pea, I have the most beautiful eggplant coloured coat from macy's that I bought last season. It definitely goes with both black and brown and it is quite possibly the best $170 I've ever spent in terms of coats!

You can see it in our DC engagement pictures from earlier this year.

This is almost the same coat, from the same company, and I think red would be just as good with both black and brown: linky

Your coat is beautiful! I just love that color. You know, I was actually looking at that red coat online too. I hope to get to Macy's in the next day or two to look at the coats.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
A boutique brand called Tulle has TONS of wool coats-it's basically their specialty. They're good quality, especially for the price, and the fits and colors are fantastic. Here's the link to their website: http://www.tulle4us.com/Products/?grid=1&catid=18&sale=0&sid=0 They're also available at boutiques and I think a few department stores, too. You might be able to find some of last year's styles on sale if you search online.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a gorgeous one at the Macy's Labor Day sale one year ago.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Well, I got to Macy's today and picked out a coat. Here it is, the red one.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=574879&CategoryID=269&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DCalvin%20Klein%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D24 On my computer the red kind of looks purple, but in real life it's a dark red. I really like it and can't wait to wear it! They didn't have the off white one I was looking for, but I like this one just as much I think. I got to thinking, and I think the winter white would have washed me out anyway, the red gives me some color.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to have a white peacoat, but I know that I would probably get it dirty in less than a week.

I'm really regretting not buying a certain plaid one that I saw a couple of years ago, because now I can't find another one like it.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sweet_pea|1316221999|3019227 said:
Well, I got to Macy's today and picked out a coat. Here it is, the red one.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=574879&CategoryID=269&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DCalvin%20Klein%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D24 On my computer the red kind of looks purple, but in real life it's a dark red. I really like it and can't wait to wear it! They didn't have the off white one I was looking for, but I like this one just as much I think. I got to thinking, and I think the winter white would have washed me out anyway, the red gives me some color.

I bought a navy blue Calvin Klein pea coat in 100% wool a few years ago and other than it being a couple of inches longer, I think it's basically the same cut. You'll enjoy how this jacket makes you look. That gentle swooping curve at the waist is very flattering. Most other manufacturers' pea coats are boxy and I didn't like that.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
All this talk of wool coats is making me excited for Fall!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results