shape
carat
color
clarity

Best fabric?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Howdy once more PSers!!

I have 3 heavier bms and am wondering which fabric for a dress would be best. I guess I''m looking for something that will at least not accentuate any imperfections. I may want to change my skirt fabrics from satin to organza and wondered if the more flowy material will fall worse??

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think stiffer rather than slinky fabrics would be better. I think the slinkier fabrics might show rolls too much.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the design of the dress, ie structuring, has more to do with it.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Clingy bad...jersey or very thin silk will not look great.

Organza might work bc it can be flowy in a full skirt or the like. But I would think that a nice stiff satin, or a full organza skirt with a more structured top would work well. A-line is great for all bodies. Boning is helpful for full busts...

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps the type of satin matters then as I''ve read even some PSers claim it clinged unattractively

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Keep in mind the sheen (sp?) of the fabric. Not only will lighter fabrics show rolls when worn in a fitted manner, but lots of fabrics like high shine silk, satin, and especially taffetta will have a sheen that emphasis rolls, larger behinds, and chests.

Just something else to keep in mind.....

cara

Ideal_Rock
Taffeta might be shiny, but it is the opposite of clingy, so I have found it to be quite flattering as it doesn''t lie on rolls, etc. There seems to be some variety in taffeta, but the lighter ones especially are crisp and crinkly and hide a lot of imperfection.

Raw silk is also pretty flattering, again it is not clingy so it hides imperfections and distracts everyone with the beautiful sheen if the overall silhouette is a nice shape.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I ended up choosing Alfred Angelo''s MSKT-N skirt. It''s floor length with an organza overlay. I assume that is satin under the organza so that will serve as a little "body buffer" if needed plus there is the flowy organza over it :) Good point on the sheen of it all. I don''t like very shiny satin, to be honest, but AA doesn''t really have separates in different sheens of satin
7.gif
Good think the organza will "dull" the shininess a bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results