shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone try/like/have success with P90X?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

septembergirl

Shiny_Rock
Dh and I have seen so many infomercials for this over the weekend and we are very tempted to try the system but it''s pretty expensive. Has anyone here checked it out or used it (or currently uses it) with success?

brilliance4me

Shiny_Rock
Yup. My SO bought it 2 months ago. I did the 30min UML (upper middle lower) segment. I started 2 weeks ago and only did 2 sessions....uhh....I think that means I do it once a week!? LOL. It is pretty intense. I believe if I did it at least 3 times a week I would see muscles toning. The first time I did the 30min workout my muscles were so for 5 days!
14.gif
So I know it probably would be more effective if I used it more frequently.

Thats my take on P90x intro cd number 1.
36.gif
Haven''t had the nerve to go any further yet
41.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
my BIL who is an athlete uses it, and said it kicked his tush the first time he tried it - he is mega in shape - and without being creepy, already has a bangin'' body. Hubs and I are definately considering a purchase after his endorsement - though we might check out Craigs list - or a used sports store, you might want to do the same.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I saw my friend a few nights ago who said her husband started the first week of December and had already lost 35 pounds. My uneducated guesstimate would be that he was 6''4 and 250lbs last time I saw him.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Septembergirl, I have not used the p90x series but I do have some older stuff that Tony Horton had out years ago (its on vhs) if that tells you how long I have had it, its the beach body power 90 training system with a series of tapes, ab ripper 100 and 200 and cardio, strength training ect.. Anyway I have used this on and off for years just because I really like Tony Horton, he is encouraging but not annoying like some can be and yet he is kinda tough too. I also like that he has a cool down stretch with some yoga in it. I have watched that infomercial also and been tempted but then I just do my old tapes! I would go for it but like some have said I would look at ebay or craigslist first. Good luck!

septembergirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 1:44:52 PM
Author: lulu
http://cgi.ebay.com/P90X-Extreme-Home-Fitness-Tony-Horton-13-CD-Set_W0QQitemZ120523661580QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0fc5210c

But frankly, just watching the infomercial exhausts me. I can''t believe there are people who can do that stuff.
I agree! It looks so hard and I know my DH will have a hard time keeping up. On the other hand, it is pretty cool to see how much body fat is dropped from people who have done the 90-days several times.

KatM

Shiny_Rock
I tried it and I really liked it. The only thing is that there is quite a bit of jumping/moving around, so if you live in an apartment that might be an issue for the people downstairs

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 8:22:58 AM
Author: KatM
I tried it and I really liked it. The only thing is that there is quite a bit of jumping/moving around, so if you live in an apartment that might be an issue for the people downstairs
That''s one of the reasons I haven''t purchased it yet. That, and my cheapo DVD player is a bit skippy. So I''ll need to be on a ground floor with a better DVD player before I attempt it.

I do know several people who have had AMAZING results on the program! One lost 45 lbs in 90 days (he was morbidly obese, lost some 50 lbs before starting P90X, and was on a medically supervised diet while using the program). He has now moved on to "Insanity" and is just a success story!

septembergirl

Shiny_Rock
For those who have done it, are you supposed to combine workout dvds each day or is it just doing one dvd each day? I''m hoping it''s just one per day....

We live in a house, so we would be doing the workout program on the ground floor. I am not a huge fan of workouts where you have to jump but I am willing to try.

vc10um that is awesome about the person who is a success story!!! I saw the Insanity infomercial and that system just plain scares me!

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Most of the Beachbody products are good. A really good new one is Brazilian Butt Lift (google it). I know it sounds cheesy but it's a great program. So is Shaun T's Insanity.

P90X has been out long enough that you can get it on Craigslist. Go to this site and you'll find a lot of stuff about it.

www.videofitness.com

(member since 2001)

Also check out www.cathe.com

septembergirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 11:00:27 AM
Author: tradergirl
Most of the Beachbody products are good. A really good new one is Brazilian Butt Lift (google it). I know it sounds cheesy but it''s a great program. So is Shaun T''s Insanity.

P90X has been out long enough that you can get it on Craigslist. Go to this site and you''ll find a lot of stuff about it.

www.videofitness.com

(member since 2001)

Also check out www.cathe.com
I actually have Brazil Butt Lift! I love that program and Leandro is a riot but delivers an effective workout.

We just placed the order for P90X this morning and I can''t wait for it.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I personally haven''t done it but know 2 friends who have. It is INTENSE and you have to be very committed. One friend was committed, one wasn''t.

The committed friend looks UNBELIEVABLE now-very muscular, cut and bangin'' body-BUT he also went hardcore on the nutrition too and I think that is what helped him achieve his results. If you try it, good luck! It does work but you must be diligent!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
DH and I are getting it with a bit of our tax refund, we have a wedding in 4 months and want to look more toned, etc. Will report back to let you know if it works!! :)

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
P90X is a great workout, but a little tough if you don''t have a minimum fitness level. It does amazing muscle toning and strengthening, but be careful, because the first week or two, you will be sore enough to not want to keep at it, or do much of anything else. I''ve never done the full 90 days, but I plan to do it this year, before the wedding. I usually hang in there for about 3 weeks, then start getting lazy. It''s 6 days a week, One DVD each day, with a 15 minute ab workout every other day in addition to the regular workout.

The only other thing I will add is that most of the women that I know that do the program lose inches and tone, but are a little frustrated that they aren''t losing mega weight. I don''t know if our bodies are just programmed differently, but I would say that you will improve your fitness a ton, even if you don''t shed a million pounds. I think you need to focus on cardio to get the extra lbs off. There is a program included for that, but that has you doing cardio and the regular DVDs... so unless you have a LOT of time and energy, I think you''d nearly kill yourself. Maybe if you have kids or pets, you can just do a 30min power walk with them to sneak in some cardio... I don''t mean to say that you won''t be pleased with your results, but if you have a considerable amount of weight to lose (25+ like me), you aren''t going to get quite the same type of dramatic results as the video, but still totally worth it. I think my sister bought in online for a friend for X-mas and paid $60...

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I've heard it's hard to stay motivated after the first couple weeks, I'm hoping that doing it together with dh with a similar goal in mind- we'll be able to keep each other motivated, remind each other why we're doing this, etc. :)
I'm planning to get the cardio in by getting up before work to get in a walk with the dog :)

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
FI started P90x last July. Here are some pictures of his first round. He''s even more muscular now, but we haven''t taken pictures in forever. I will tell you that he didn''t follow it exactly. It''s supposed to be a 6 day a week thing, and he''s only done it like 4 days a week (due to work and school) and hasn''t done any of the nutrition stuff.

Even though he isn''t following it super close, he still really likes it. It kicked his booty when he first started it and he still finds it challenging 8 months later. He lost about 15 pounds.

day 1:

day 1 arm.jpg

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
Day 90

week 3 phase 3 002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results