shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone know where I can find colorful onesies that are not gender specific?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hello lovely ladies! I''ve got a baby shower for my sister coming up, and she has opted not to find out the sex of the baby.

But- I still want to buy clothes! I was thinking about getting some colorful onesies (I''m sure she''ll get a lot of white), but am having a heck of a time finding any that don''t scream BOY! GIRL!
41.gif

I was thinking red, orange, teal, green etc. might be appropriate? Anyone have suggestions on where to look?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I know there are certain brands that the Baby Bargains book tells you to stay away from but unfortunately I don''t have the book with me. I''ll try to remember tonight and I''ll look it up for you. In the meantime...

BRU has a neutral clothing section. Not a huge selection (you''ll have better luck in the store):
http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2256150&view=all

There''s also carters, gymboree, baby gap, and target (I don''t like Wal-Mart''s selection too much).

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 11:13:31 AM
Author: fieryred33143
I know there are certain brands that the Baby Bargains book tells you to stay away from but unfortunately I don't have the book with me. I'll try to remember tonight and I'll look it up for you. In the meantime...

BRU has a neutral clothing section. Not a huge selection (you'll have better luck in the store):
http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2256150&view=all

There's also carters, gymboree, baby gap, and target (I don't like Wal-Mart's selection too much).
I came up dry at Target and Walmart. I really need to make a run to BRU, but am worried that I'll run into the same problem there.
14.gif

ETA: OMG that Dr.Seuss one is hilarious!!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
American Apparel has plain colorful onesies, if you didn''t want any designs on them - available on Amazon.

If you''re just looking for cute, gender-neutral, non-white clothes, can I put in a plug for baby legs? They''re leg warmers for babies, so they keep the baby''s legs warm but make it a lot easier to do diaper changes - no pants to remove. Baby leg warmers are also available on Etsy, and cheaper there, if you have time to order them.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 12:17:12 PM
Author: Blenheim
American Apparel has plain colorful onesies, if you didn''t want any designs on them - available on Amazon.

If you''re just looking for cute, gender-neutral, non-white clothes, can I put in a plug for baby legs? They''re leg warmers for babies, so they keep the baby''s legs warm but make it a lot easier to do diaper changes - no pants to remove. Baby leg warmers are also available on Etsy, and cheaper there, if you have time to order them.
I was going to say American Apparel--their kids stuff is so cute!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazon for sure has a ton of baby stuff. If you have Prime then you get free 2 day shipping on a ton of it. Also Target does have a great selection and Macy''s (if you have one near you) had a big 40% sale on a bunch of baby stuff (I saw a lot of onesies) last week when I was in there buying my cousin''s daughter''s Easter dress.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I''m off to check out the American Apparel stuff. And those leg warmers are hilarious!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 12:50:00 PM
Author: Mara
Amazon for sure has a ton of baby stuff. If you have Prime then you get free 2 day shipping on a ton of it. Also Target does have a great selection and Macy''s (if you have one near you) had a big 40% sale on a bunch of baby stuff (I saw a lot of onesies) last week when I was in there buying my cousin''s daughter''s Easter dress.
I went in to Macy''s, but most of it screamed the gender to the rooftops, LOL. I''ll check again though! Amazon here I come...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 12:52:51 PM
Author: geckodani

I went in to Macy''s, but most of it screamed the gender to the rooftops, LOL. I''ll check again though! Amazon here I come...

Most baby stuff is pastel that is for sure. There are often a lot of green and yellow things-but those are the colors your sister will get up the wazoo.

I also LOVE American Apparel''s baby stuff. My boys have a few tees and pants from there and they are super soft. Be aware though that the cheap place that sells AA on amazon (Andrew christian or something?) takes forever to ship. But he''s way cheaper than the AA website.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 8:24:09 AM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 4/15/2009 12:52:51 PM
Author: geckodani

Most baby stuff is pastel that is for sure. There are often a lot of green and yellow things-but those are the colors your sister will get up the wazoo.

I also LOVE American Apparel''s baby stuff. My boys have a few tees and pants from there and they are super soft. Be aware though that the cheap place that sells AA on amazon (Andrew christian or something?) takes forever to ship. But he''s way cheaper than the AA website.
Good to know. :)

At this point, I''m just going to get her the highchair and buy clothes after the kiddo is born.
20.gif
I''m not a fan of yellow, LOL.

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
The brand Zutano''s has a lot of adorable colorful basic baby clothing that isn''t necessarily gender specific...I am not sure what stores carry it, though, but I''m sure you can find it on Amazon or somewhere else online....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the green and purple pastels!! hehee.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know how the american apparel onesies run size-wise? It seems like alot of onesies run so tiny, while a few brands are more true to size...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 10:44:37 PM
Author: laine
Does anyone know how the american apparel onesies run size-wise? It seems like alot of onesies run so tiny, while a few brands are more true to size...

I don''t think the clothes I have seem tiny...but they are not super generous in the sizing either. I''d say they run on the smaller end of true to size.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 11:16:42 PM
Author: neatfreak
Date: 4/16/2009 10:44:37 PM

Author: laine

I don''t think the clothes I have seem tiny...but they are not super generous in the sizing either. I''d say they run on the smaller end of true to size.

Thanks NF! That''s very helpful to know!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Yeah most babies'' clothes are very gender-specific. The neutral stuffs are always pastel yellow and green or biege/tan in color. American Apparel has the most colorful onesies that I''ve seen, but I don''t know how the size runs.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! I''ll let you know waht I end up with.
1.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I saw some on Old Navy a while back that weren''t pastel-just another option for ya. Good luck!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We didn''t find out T''s sex and my favorite were from Old Navy. Carter also has some good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results