shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have u-verse?

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with AT&T u-verse, either good, bad or indifferent. I currently have Cox cable, internet and phone, and it ticks me off that the prices keep going up, up, up. I just talked to someone from AT&T, and the same exact bundle would cost me $90 to $100 less per month. But, I am a creature of habit, and really hate making that sort of change!

So, if you've switched from cable to u-verse, are you happy with the switch? If you got a promotional price, how long did it last?

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
In my experience, COX = terrible, U-Verse = GREAT! I've had it for almost three years now and they've never increased my fees, nor have I ever had any billing or service issues. When I initially switched, they were brand new to the area, so they were pushing hard. I got twice as many channels as before for less, plus they threw in a free DVR with free DVR service as well as a $100 VISA gift card. Our bill is currently $122 a month which includes the U200 plan, DVR's for both of our TV's and DVR service as well as our wireless internet. I have not had a single internet service interruption since they installed the service almost three years ago. Fantastic! I recommend them to all of my friends.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Sonnyjane, that's a very good recommendation! I'm not unhappy with Cox's service, but I AM unhappy with how much they charge me. This offer from u-verse is for U450, DVR plus 3 additional boxes (2 of which I will not be charged for), 3 premium channels, phone, and internet, all for $163. They've also waived the installation fee and the activation fee and are supposed to give me a $50 Visa gift card. I was just worried that after 6 months or a year, the price would significantly increase and I'd be back where I started, but it sounds like that was not at all the case for you. Thanks so much for your help!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
i have it too, although only been 2 months so far but it's been working well for me

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Had it for almost 2 years and wish I still had it

One of the easiest user interfaces for DVR and menu/guides I've encountered.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okie_girl|1316223668|3019247 said:
Hey everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with AT&T u-verse, either good, bad or indifferent. I currently have Cox cable, internet and phone, and it ticks me off that the prices keep going up, up, up. I just talked to someone from AT&T, and the same exact bundle would cost me $90 to $100 less per month. But, I am a creature of habit, and really hate making that sort of change!

So, if you've switched from cable to u-verse, are you happy with the switch? If you got a promotional price, how long did it last?
We swtiched from Charter Cable to Uverse last year and we HATE IT. My husband cannot wait to switch back. The ONLY good thing about it is that it can record four things at once. But usually it doesn't. Like it just records nothing we set it to record. And if it records most of the time we can't play it. We're on our 4th box in under one year, and it's a nightmare. My sister has the same problem with it. My parents just got it and it works less than their dish did. AND the ATT people dug a gigantic trench in their yard without permission and didn't repair or even move the dirt back, so they now have to pay for new dirt and to redo their landscaping. It regularly just does not record things. It regularly just shuts itself off or resets if you dare to fast forward too long.

Our internet is mostly always working, but the tv...no.

It costs us 300 a month here for phone and internet plus all the channels besides **** and the sports packages. He has hockey stuff.

With Charter we had 100 more channels, faster internet and two phone lines for 225.'

ETA--I saw you got a nice offer--we had what we found out was an intro offer also. Our initial 6 months were $149 or something a month, so when it only occasionally wouldwork at least it was cheaper than Charter. Now it's well over 300.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
minmin and davi, thank you!

Ame, that's exactly what I'm afraid will happen- we get this great offer (which the person pushing it said will NEVER go up), and 6 months later, we're paying more than what we are paying now. Thanks for sharing your experience, definitely gives me something to think about.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH tried arguing about that too, that we were told it would never increase so long as we stayed customers. Their argument was that whomever promised that "has no authority to make such decisions". I think he's going to switch us back to Charter next month, I told him he can do whatever, as long as it works.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We've had U-Verse for over three years. We really like it. It was a brand new service for our area three years ago, so that first year was a bit rocky and I didn't love the service, but now I do.

I have no idea what we pay. I manage every single other bill for our household, but not this one because I don't think we should have cable, so for my sanity DH handles that one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results