shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone ever hear of the Kinkajou? So adorable <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://ktla.com/2016/01/27/florida-woman-wakes-to-find-exotic-animal-caressing-her-face-friend/

kinkajou.jpg

kinkajoulove.jpg

kinkajou1.jpg

kinkajou2.jpg

kinkajou3.jpg

kinkajou4.jpg

kinkajou5.jpg

I'm in love. :love: :love: :love:

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/kinkajou/

Kinkajous live in the tropical forests of Central and South America, where they spend most of their time in the trees. They are able to turn their feet backwards to run easily in either direction along branches or up and down trunks. The kinkajou also has a prehensile (gripping) tail that it uses much like another arm. Kinkajous often hang from this incredible tail, which also aids their balance and serves as a cozy blanket while the animal sleeps high in the canopy.

Though many of its features and traits sound like those of a primate, the kinkajou is actually related to the raccoon.

Kinkajous are sometimes called honey bears because they raid bees' nests. They use their long, skinny tongues to slurp honey from a hive, and also to remove insects like termites from their nests. Kinkajous also eat fruit and small mammals, which they snare with their nimble front paws and sharp claws. They roam and eat at night, and return each morning to sleep in previously used tree holes.

Kinkajous form treetop groups and share social interactions such as reciprocal grooming. They are vocal animals—though seldom seen, they are often heard screeching and barking in the tropical forest canopy.

Female kinkajous give birth to one offspring in spring or summer. The baby is born with its eyes shut and cannot see for a month. It develops quickly, however, and by the end of the second month, it is already able to hang upside down from its tail.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the article this morning but had never previously heard of a Kinkajou.

I agee! Totally adorable! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwww, these little animals are just too cute! I love their little faces! Adorable! :love: :love: :love:

Thank you for sharing Missy. :appl: This brightened my day! :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know Rockinruby. They are so freakin adorable I cannot stop thinking about them. OMG I just want to cuddle up with one like that woman got to do. :love:

They almost look like a mix between a chihuahua and a cat to me. Those ears, that nose, those soulful eyes.
luv12.gif

And thank you for posting all the adorable animals you share with us. You always brighten my day Rockinruby!

hoover

Shiny_Rock
A www..... It's so cute! I've never heard of them before either. Thanks for sharing!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, adorabs!!!! :love:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
They are adorable but it really pisses me off when people have exotic animals as pets. Please let them be in their natural habitats.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are cute and seem lovely! I have heard of them/seen them online. Not on my list of "can I please get one of those" though! (Something about the tongue.) :lol:

Thanks for sharing, Missy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha Monnie, I agree. Something about that tongue is a little scary but still I could get over it for a hug yanno?

Lulu, I am on the same page as you regarding keeping exotic animals who are better off in their natural habitats as domestic pets. :nono:

Thanks for reading and commenting december fire, JDDN and hoover. So adorable my heart is just melting every time I look at their photos. :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
missy|1454020327|3983204 said:
I know Rockinruby. They are so freakin adorable I cannot stop thinking about them. OMG I just want to cuddle up with one like that woman got to do. :love:

They almost look like a mix between a chihuahua and a cat to me. Those ears, that nose, those soulful eyes.
luv12.gif

And thank you for posting all the adorable animals you share with us. You always brighten my day Rockinruby!

I came back to this thread just to look at them again! They are so darn cute! I just love how cute their little faces are! Adorable!!! I think I'm in love! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I think it's the soulful eyes that speak to me! :)

Awwww, thanks for the kind words Missy. I appreciate it so much! I'm so glad to know it brightens your day to see the adorable animal stories too! :appl: :appl: :appl: You are pawsome!!! :clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results