shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone else use bare escentuals makeup?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
this is the only type of makeup i use because i have sensitive skin, but i''ve noticed that in photos, my face will appear much lighter than the rest of me even tho in real life it''s not, is this typical for mineral makeup or am i doing something wrong? does mineral makeup reflect more?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I used BE for everything but the foundation. I used the foundation for about 7 years but I always felt shiny and slick almost. BE foundation has a decent amount of mica in it which is reflective in pictures. I think that is probably what you are seeing.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 1:10:16 AM
Author: stepcutgirl
I used BE for everything but the foundation. I used the foundation for about 7 years but I always felt shiny and slick almost. BE foundation has a decent amount of mica in it which is reflective in pictures. I think that is probably what you are seeing.
ooh thanks for the explanation, stepcutgirl. i always wondered why i looked almost ghostlike in photos
38.gif

might i ask what type of foundation you use? is it still a mineral type?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I still use mineral make up. Believe it or not I ran out of BE foundation on vacation about a year and a half ago and I had no choice but to go to the drug store. I got the Maybelline mineral power foundation, almost identical to BE but with no or very little mica and I loved it! It lasts me longer than BE, is not shiny, I need less and I stopped having breakouts!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
It has sunscreen in it as well which can also cause the ghost like appearance.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
ooh, thank you for your help. maybe i''ll give maybelline a try once i run out of my BE foundation

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
When i was looking for wedding day makeup they warned about the mica in BE makeup. I LOVE my Bare Minerals but did not use it for my wedding day because I didn''t want to look ghostly. I''ve noticed if i use the "glee" allover face color that really helps as well - and make sure you are using the right color foundation. It''s mainly the mineral veil I believe that has the mica more than anything, so make sure to go spairingly on that if you want pictures!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2009 8:31:55 AM
Author: cammy85
When i was looking for wedding day makeup they warned about the mica in BE makeup. I LOVE my Bare Minerals but did not use it for my wedding day because I didn''t want to look ghostly. I''ve noticed if i use the ''glee'' allover face color that really helps as well - and make sure you are using the right color foundation. It''s mainly the mineral veil I believe that has the mica more than anything, so make sure to go spairingly on that if you want pictures!
Ahh, so that is why I look like a ghost. In summer I mainly just use the mineral veil.
9.gif

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
wow, thank you everyone for the info. i''ve decided against my BE makeup for the wedding, but continue to use it for daily use. but at least i know what causes the ghostly-ness.
3.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Makeup Forever has a wonderful sheer powder that is comparable to Mineral Veil - It''s called HD Microfinish powder - available at Sephora. It''s amazing! No mica, no shine - everything that you love about Mineral Viel minus everything you hate about it!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I use it, but I''m so pale that I look like a ghost without makeup, too.
2.gif
Haven''t noticed a difference...

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 1:06:41 PM
Author: TheBigT
I use it, but I''m so pale that I look like a ghost without makeup, too.
2.gif
Haven''t noticed a difference...

AHAHA I was JUST thinking the same thing! But now I am a little paranoid about wearing it for my re-wedding
7.gif

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
I use BE and wear a foundation color MUCH darker than what I would normally wear.. I am super pale (redhead and whatnot) and I wear the medium color. It blends well, doesn''t make a line of color, and doesn''t make me look pasty at all in pictures (well, it doesn''t make me look pastIER I guess..). One of my friends who tans in the summer and gets super pale in the winter wears about two shades lighter than me and she does end up looking pasty. I have oily skin so it''s reflective on it''s own after a few hours but I haven''t noticed more of a shine since using BE.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I use the "Fair" kit and mix the two foundations together, which cuts down on the "ghostliness." I also use a very teeny,tiny amount of warmth, which helps too. Good to know about the reflective properties of the mineral veil though.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BE has a new foundation available at Sephora that is called Matte. It also has the Rare Minerals mixed in. If you use the mineral veil it does take away some of
the glow in photos. I tried a sample of the new ''matte'' and I really liked it. It also has a new no spill container. It is pictured on the back of the new
sephora catalog.

I have used BE for over 10 years and my skin has never looked better. I had problem skin before I started using it, and I am turning 50 this year and my skin
looks a ton better than all of my friends. I totally credit it to BE.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results