shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else here bike to work?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Love2Travel

Shiny_Rock
I just started doing it recently and love it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hubby start too! Friday was his first day. I love riding bikes but only during the weekends since there is less traffic! I hope you have a safe path and great job!!!

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
I recently accepted a new job at a large medical clinic. They have started a new program encouraging people to bike to work. Even have a stock of very inexpensive to rent bikes to get employees started.

I am not sure about myself though...it is so hot here in summer, and I have to dress semi professionally each day. I envision my make-up running down my face and my hair matted to my head from the humidity by the time I get there.

I really really wish I could though, I would love it. After I have been there very awhile I will have to rethink it all.I just started last Thursday.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you! Being "green" and getting some excercise... that''s awesome.

Hubby bikes to work four times a week (as long as the weather is good). With gas prices the way they are, it''s saving us some moolah considering I have a 30-45 minute commute to work and a 1-1.5 hour commute home... gotta love DC area traffic!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve done it a couple of times. Unfortunately there are a few sketchy parts of the commute that make being on a bike very scary!
And now I just moved Down Town with the BF so the commute is longer in miles (oddly enough shorter in minutes!) and just as sketchy traffic wise so I think I''ll have to save my bike riding times for the weekends!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I walk to work. Does that count?
28.gif
I love the exercice and it feels great. To everyone wo does it: Kudos!
36.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
FI does it and I will drive his company vehicle in (we work together) so we aren''t taking two cars to the same place. It is awesome! I sat on a full tank of gas for over a week. I''m not sturdy enough on a road bike and the road is a bit rough because commuters aren''t very nice to bike riders.

Kudos to all that are able to. One day I might make it.

Love2Travel

Shiny_Rock
April. I have the honor of biking in good or bad weather :) I sold my car so I have no choice lol. I don''t mind it. So far I have been lucky and have not been rained on once!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 3:18:43 PM
Author: Love2Travel
April. I have the honor of biking in good or bad weather :) I sold my car so I have no choice lol. I don''t mind it. So far I have been lucky and have not been rained on once!
My hubby has been biking to work and on Thurs the poor guy was rained on. He said it was sort of fun but it happened on the way home.

Love2Travel

Shiny_Rock
As long as it happens on the way home, I won''t mind at all. It''s the whole getting to work and being soaked thing that won''t be fun :)

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Hubby hasn''t gotten caught in the rain (knock on wood). His work is on my way home so, if we ever got a surprise thunderstorm at the end of the day, I would pick him up. Metal bike + lightening doesn''t seem like a healthy combination to me.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results