shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone addicted to Wedding magazines?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been married for almost 18 years but still will plop down $7-$10 for a wedding magazine. It''s my guilty pleasure. They are just such eye candy that they make me happy. I used to tell myself it was so I had ideas for when my baby sister finally got married...but then she did a justice of the peace ceremony and my ideas went "poof". I threw away my stash. Cut to a few months later when I found myself buying some again and I realized I just LOVE them. I even re-bought some of the ones I used to have off of ebay. I missed them.

So, does anyone else have a fondness for wedding magazines, even though you are already married? And do you have a few favorite issues you think someone as addicted as I am should look into? It''s no surprise that my favorites tend to be the Big Ring Issues :)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Not addicted but I have noticed in the last few weeks I have been sort of wandering over to the magazine stands more often than not to look for wedding magz...just "to see" of course. The other day I was at Borders bookstore with my FI and I sat next to him on the floor with a great pile of magz while he looked through the entire Native American section. I kept showing him dresses that I liked and he kept "uh huh-ing" me. He''s showing very little interest in anything that doesn''t have to do with food, music, or honeymoon, but I''m REALLY not surprised.
20.gif

The one dress he liked was so skimpy it looked like lingerie. Should I be worried?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
You know, no. I dont like them. But that''s me... my mom on the other hand, would grab them up for anyone''s wedding and say...ooo you could do this... and oooo... she just likes the happy times. I like the happy times too, but I find the brides I know, dont want to listen to any ideas, they all have their own vision. Even when they ask for help... sigh.
So, no, I don''t buy them up. BUt I am glad you enjoy them!
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I soooooo have this problem! I''ve been married for ~3 years, my sister is getting married in June, but I''ve consistentlyll bought wedding magazines for a decade or two. I always tell DH it''s for the jewelry!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
me = obsessed and not even engaged yet. I want one this week badly, might grab one tonight

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I am a kinda shy person, and well I was at the airport on a business trip. I bought a bridal magazine to look at all the ring ads, and get ideas. This was while I was a LIW. The entire time everyone was asking me when I''d be engaged, and if I was... people on the trip and people on the plane.
emembarrassed.gif
I was sooo embarrassed. It might be why I lurk here... in private!
9.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hee! YES! And I get the oddest looks from the checkout people when they ask me when the wedding is and *then* spot my rings. C''est la vie - if only someone out there would put together a decent jewelry magazine, then I wouldn''t have to resort to this.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
i was obsessed with bridal mags BEFORE i got engaged.. and now i just don''t have any interest at all.. its so weird!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ya''ll need to get this month (I think it is this months..) issue of Brides Magazine. It''s their 75th anniversary, and it has covers from every decade and a detailed timeline of wedding gowns. It was great!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Love them! I subscribe to a few (not all). They''re a nice way for me to relax and unwind.
5.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started hording my friend''s cast-offs about 5-7 years before I got engaged. I just love the dresses. The last one I bought was about 1.5 years after we got married and I recently gave all (ok, most) of my stash away to my hairdresser, who just got engaged. Okay, fine, wasn''t most of my collection, it was about 50%. I love them. The ads for dresses are the best.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never bought one! Or had the desire to. In fact, when I got engaged, it never occurred to me to go buy one. Go figure! But maybe I should go buy one now. See what I''ve been missing. I''ve got two sisters that aren''t married yet. I''ll call it research. For them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results