shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Young (20s and 30s) PSers in Washington DC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BonnyLass

Rough_Rock
I need to expand my circle of friends and was wondering what groups any of the fellow DC PSers belong to in the area. Also, if some of you are involved in great churches, which ones are they? Just looking for any suggestions to enrich my life!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Bonny. I am long past my 20s and 30s, but may I suggest meetup.com. I saw from your old geezer :) post that you have a dog and I know that they have plenty of doggie park meetups.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m in my early 30s and live in a VA suburb of DC. In my single days, I lived in Clarendon, and met a lot of people (including my husband) socializing at the bars and restaurants there. I am not a church person, but one of my friends belongs to the McLean Bible Church - it''s a megachurch in Tysons Corner that has a lot of stuff for young singles. From what I hear, Sun. night church has rock bands, and tons of young singles attend - they have programs geared for that demographic. My friend just got married to a guy she met there. The preacher has a series of radio ads you may have heard (not a sermon, just a thought). It''s an extremely popular church and a great place to meet people, and it''s only about a 15 minute drive from DC. They also have a branch in DC, so you may want to check it out. Link below:

http://www.mcleanbible.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=4029

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, another geezer here, but in the DC area...and though not tuned into Churches...for a hoot, possibly, and maybe even an enriching interfaith experience, I could suggest this event in just under two weeks...

Regards,

P.S. Hmmm.....my link is having problems for unknown reasons...but you could google: Freedom Seder DC to read further...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2009 9:27:52 AM
Author: BizouMom
Hey Bonny. I am long past my 20s and 30s, but may I suggest meetup.com. I saw from your old geezer :) post that you have a dog and I know that they have plenty of doggie park meetups.
that''s where most old geezers hang out looking for women 1/2 their age. old geezers use a doggie to attract young girls.i''ve notice that where i go drink coffee.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Bonny,

I'm in the Maryland suburbs and will be in my 30s for a few more years
1.gif
. I'm a member of the Junior League of Washington, which is an organization that sends trained volunteers into the community. Most of the active members are in their 20s and 30s, and I've met some really great women.

Another way I met people when I moved here a few years ago was to get involved with my college's alumnae club.

My church is great, but since it's out in the suburbs, it has more of an orientation toward families with kids.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I second the Junior League! I'm not in DC, but I'm a member of my local chapter and it's a great way to meet really wonderful, inspiring women. The organization has kind of an "old girls club" reputation, but I think only a few really traditional chapters are like that now. Our chapter is more about voluntarism than "ladies who lunch" (except some of the older members, but they've got their own thing going on), but it only takes up a few hours per month unless you want to do more. The national website is http://www.ajli.org and it has links to local chapters. I know that my chapter only accepts new members in August/September, though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results