shape
carat
color
clarity

Any QVC fans out there?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Just wondering if any of you were fans of QVC. I can't help it, I love to watch! I like some of their clothes, eternagold...

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Guess I''m alone on this one...

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
I love QVC my nana is addicted to it and she passed it on to me
36.gif
Tacori is doing a show with them in FEB I am so excited!!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I love QVC for fashion jewelry. It''s better quality than a lot of the department store stuff, and who wants to spend a lot of money on fashion pieces that are not going to be in style forever or that you only wear with a particular outfit. I like HSN and ShopNBC, too.
emembarrassed.gif

I kind of like to watch the make up shows. I got some Bare Minerals make up at Sephora, but I watched it on one of the shop at home networks (can''t remember which one).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 12:34:37 AM
Author: Officers girl
36.gif

Do you know the date? I would love to watch that!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 1:33:34 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring

36.gif

Do you know the date? I would love to watch that!

I''d love to know, too!!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, thanks for the replies, I was beginning to think I was the only one on here watching QVC. I guess my favorite thing on their shows is Citiknits. Although I find myself channel surfing and getting interested in the strangest things! I think those people could sell dirt....lol.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori,
What are you going to sell? Cool!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 7:52:31 AM
Author: imthepreacherswife
Ok, thanks for the replies, I was beginning to think I was the only one on here watching QVC. I guess my favorite thing on their shows is Citiknits. Although I find myself channel surfing and getting interested in the strangest things! I think those people could sell dirt....lol.
That is why I don''t watch it. The people have fun selling and then *I* get sucked in; then, I end up with stuff I don''t know what to do with!!!!

A friend of mine at work says she LOVES QVC. I smile because she doesn''t know I am a sucker for everything.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 1:10:44 AM
Author: lumpkin
I love QVC for fashion jewelry. It''s better quality than a lot of the department store stuff, and who wants to spend a lot of money on fashion pieces that are not going to be in style forever or that you only wear with a particular outfit. I like HSN and ShopNBC, too.
emembarrassed.gif

I kind of like to watch the make up shows. I got some Bare Minerals make up at Sephora, but I watched it on one of the shop at home networks (can''t remember which one).
I''ve never tried the makeup, but have watched the infomercials. I have a friend who has tried it, and it looked awesome on her. She says it''s so good for your skin, you can even sleep in it.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
REALLY! I''d love to watch! I''ll have to check the old QVC schedule for that one.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 7:53:01 AM
Author: Skippy123
Tacori,
What are you going to sell? Cool!!!
I think she means "Tacori" the jewelry line, will be having a show. Hey girl, I''m a sucker too for some of that stuff, I get all reeled in, but don''t ever order it unless it''s really somthing I want or need. I think I just like the ,well, late night pass time when I can''t sleep!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Yes-love love qvc. I put it on for background noise. You know, when you don''t want to hear about who got shot where? I marvel at their ability to talk nonstop--what a skill. Wouldn''t you love to wear an evening gown and sell gold for hours on end?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Mom loves QVC & we''re always getting some package or other from them. Seeds. Crabcakes. Bare Essentuals. I usually roll my eyes but I have to say QVC did us right when my parents saw a cool Bose stereo system on air & decided to send ''em to all their married kids as X-mas presents this year. That thing ROCKS!!! We have it in the kitchen & I swear I cook & clean more in there now
3.gif

I actually used to work for a shopping channel (as a producer & videotech) back when they were * get this * LOCAL. AMERICA''S SHOPPING CHANNEL. So "old school" - they didn''t even mail you the stuff, you had to go to a store & pick it up
23.gif
HA! That experience kinda jaded me to all the HOOEY those salespeople spew just to increase their commissions. At least at ASC, the hosts got a % cut of the sales from their shift. We used to pull some crazy stunts to get sales ... taking a bracelet set, offering just the necklace for 20 min & then ''IF YOU CALL NOW YOU GET A FREE BRACELET TOO" ... and the phones would light up. All along the price was for both, but by "spinning" it that way (i.e. misleading folks) we could double or triple our sales.
11.gif

We were at the forefront of gold draped on fake flowers, spinning on mirrored turntables with star filters making the metal glint like crazy.
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco!!!
That is too funny. Wow; what fun to have started in the begining.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 8:55:28 AM
Author: decodelighted
My Mom loves QVC & we''re always getting some package or other from them. Seeds. Crabcakes. Bare Essentuals. I usually roll my eyes but I have to say QVC did us right when my parents saw a cool Bose stereo system on air & decided to send ''em to all their married kids as X-mas presents this year. That thing ROCKS!!! We have it in the kitchen & I swear I cook & clean more in there now
3.gif

I actually used to work for a shopping channel (as a producer & videotech) back when they were * get this * LOCAL. AMERICA''S SHOPPING CHANNEL. So ''old school'' - they didn''t even mail you the stuff, you had to go to a store & pick it up
23.gif
HA! That experience kinda jaded me to all the HOOEY those salespeople spew just to increase their commissions. At least at ASC, the hosts got a % cut of the sales from their shift. We used to pull some crazy stunts to get sales ... taking a bracelet set, offering just the necklace for 20 min & then ''IF YOU CALL NOW YOU GET A FREE BRACELET TOO'' ... and the phones would light up. All along the price was for both, but by ''spinning'' it that way (i.e. misleading folks) we could double or triple our sales.
11.gif

We were at the forefront of gold draped on fake flowers, spinning on mirrored turntables with star filters making the metal glint like crazy.
9.gif
Deco, you are too much! I love reading your posts.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Deco - There was a local shopping channel in my hometown called "Bid ''n buy" and it sounds a lot like what you are talking about, except they were more auctions. You had to go down to a strip mall to pick stuff up. Really low budget, and those accents... I used to watch it for pure entertainment when I went home. But alas, they went out of business... don''t know why...
2.gif

But I AM a QVC addict! FI threatens to turn on parental controls and block it! I buy fashion jewelry, cookware, household stuff, makeup, etc... I have a Dennis Basso coat that gets compliments every day. I always find good deals and it''s nice to be able to shop online. Got a fabulous Claiborne 5 pc. luggage set for $200, which was the price of one bag at the department store. I had a stone fall out of an earring, a year after I bought it, and they replaced them without any hassle whatsoever. That definitely sold me on QVC. My only complaint is that they ship everything in seperate boxes. I know why they do it, but FI thinks I''m shopping too much if he has to pick up multiple boxes from our UPS store box.

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
QVC is great for sending gifts. I''ve sent their gourmet steaks, cheesecakes, ribs and seafood, and people always RAVE. For many friends & family, it''s near impossible to buy gifts--everyone has everything... So I send a lot of food and QVC is great for this.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mum is absolutely addicted to QVC. She even tapes it if she is going out!!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have watched it a few times but their show format is a little too zzzz to keep me interested long term in watching it. plus we have tivo so i rarely watch live TV, we always have like 20 other things i need to be watching before they will get deleted.

i did buy something off there once, i think it was one of their exercise things a LONG time ago when i was young and gullible...hahah. i did use it for a while tho!

deco those bose things sound awesome! i want one. i have been thinking about something like an under the counter stereo for our kitchen, maybe i will 'gift' greg with one for vday or something, hehee. gotta love it.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 7:57:56 AM
Author: imthepreacherswife

Date: 2/3/2007 1:10:44 AM
Author: lumpkin
emembarrassed.gif

I''ve never tried the makeup, but have watched the infomercials. I have a friend who has tried it, and it looked awesome on her. She says it''s so good for your skin, you can even sleep in it.
I have to say I like some of it, but not all. It''s a nice powder and cover up! Don''t care for it as a foundation. Too shiny for me. But it was really inexpensive and the brushes that come in the kit are really nice.

I love to shop for gifts on line so I go to the website. I agree Mara, very boring to watch as a show, unless there''s something of particular interest.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Ill go look at the program sched. and post what I find about the tacori show :)

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
2/24/06 central time zone

YAY I will be watching
4.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
In my last apartment, the only channels I seemed to get in clearly were shopping channels, Spanish channels, and Christian channels. Whenever now-hubby would come over, I''d either be watching the MaxiGlide hair iron on Home Shopping Network or QVC or Mother Angelica on BCTV (and I''m not even Christian!). I did wind up ordering the MaxiGlide and hated it. That''s my only home shopping experience thus far. We do still say "Hellloooooooooo" a la Max from MaxiGlide though, if any of you know who that is!

I can''t watch any of those channels now w/o thinking of the Quacker Factory skits on Mad TV
9.gif
I had NO idea they were based on a real woman/product, until I happened to see it once when I was flipping channels. So funny! Have a quacky day
31.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE QVC. I especially love the Rose of Tralee and St. Paddy''s Day 24 hour specials. I love the fashion jewelery they sell. I''ve gotten a few nice things from there and always get compliments on it. It''s very hard for me not to order something....
11.gif
38.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like some of the things. They are getting awesome designers (it is either QVC or HSN) and some great make up lines. The cookware and bedding can be fine too. I just find the jewelry is not always what is represented. But again, they have some awesome things, and great buys, and for an insomniac like me it is awesome (and costly)...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 3:31:11 PM

Officers Girl,
Thanks for letting us know. Our very own PS friend on QVC; I am excited for her!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

We''ll be watching and cheering you on Tacori!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 7:26:32 PM

Officers Girl,

Thanks for letting us know. Our very own PS friend on QVC; I am excited for her!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

9.gif

Sorry to disappoint but I will not be on QVC. I only own a Tacori E-ring but I don''t work for them (as fun as I am sure it would be). Actually I am kind of camera shy so the thought of being on QVC kind of makes me want to break out in hives.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 7:56:51 PM

Officers Girl,

36.gif
36.gif

We'll be watching and cheering you on Tacori!
9.gif

Sorry to disappoint but I will not be on QVC. I only own a Tacori E-ring but I don't work for them (as fun as I am sure it would be). Actually I am kind of camera shy so the thought of being on QVC kind of makes me want to break out in hives.
2.gif

LOL!!!! I bet it made you feel good we were excited for you; oh well. How funny; what a funny misunderstanding.
2.gif
heee hee

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 8:03:13 PM
Date: 2/3/2007 7:56:51 PM

Officers Girl,

36.gif
36.gif

9.gif

Sorry to disappoint but I will not be on QVC. I only own a Tacori E-ring but I don''t work for them (as fun as I am sure it would be). Actually I am kind of camera shy so the thought of being on QVC kind of makes me want to break out in hives.

2.gif

LOL!!!! I bet it made you feel good we were excited for you; oh well. How funny; what funny a misunderstanding.
2.gif
heee hee

It did make me feel good that you were so excited. Sometimes I just get into a habit of posting here and secretly wonder if anyone reads my posts or cares.
9.gif
Thank you for your support! No, I will just be watching and drooling over my TV set like everyone else. I am a Tacori lover at heart
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results