shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Champions League watchers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I''m betting there are not a lot of fans of Euro soccer on this forum, but I thought I''d at least ask. Are there any Champions League watchers out there? If so, who are you rooting for? I am just watching Bayern Munich get their butts whooped by Barcelona.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m watching the Liverpool-Chelsea game right now, even though I despise both teams. Man United all the way!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Is Barcelona your team?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 4:16:25 PM
Author: misskitty
Is Barcelona your team?
No. Bayern.
29.gif
39.gif
29.gif
39.gif
29.gif
39.gif
What a complete disaster. FI is a huge ManU fan, too.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 4:49:48 PM
Author: mscushion
Date: 4/8/2009 4:16:25 PM

Is Barcelona your team?

No. Bayern.
29.gif
39.gif
29.gif
39.gif
29.gif
39.gif
What a complete disaster. FI is a huge ManU fan, too.

Ooh, sorry. I must have interpreted it as a positive statement that Barcelona was whooping Bayern.

Are you a Bundes liga fan? B''s intramural team in college was called "Das Bundes Liga"
3.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
No worries. I knew Bayern was going to be in for a challenge from the beginning, I just didn''t think it would be this bad. They are just not up there with the other top int''l teams, that''s just a reality nowadays, so sad. I don''t know if they''re not spending enough money or what. Franck Ribery is the only one who played at the Barcelona level IMO, sadly there was nobody else to support him.

Yeah, I follow the Bundesliga a little bit, it''s hard to do it in depth from the States, though, I''d have to spend a lot of time on soccer websites and I''d rather spend it on Pricescope
2.gif
. "Das Bundesliga," that''s funny.
3.gif
It''s much easier to follow the Premier League from over here.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am! I was just talking about the Barca/Bayern game with my fiance! Ouch! I'm a Barca fan, though, so I wasn't too upset!
12.gif

ETA: do you play soccer yourself? I play on three teams-I love soccer!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Agreed, it''s much easier to watch Premier and Serie A here. I''m lucky that our cable package includes FSN, and for the rest, we found a soccer pub nearby.

I just joined a local team! Our first game is two weeks from Sunday, and I''m very excited. I thought it would take much longer to find an open spot (we''re new in town), but I totally lucked out. B hasn''t found a men''s team yet, but he officiates local high school games and is working on his college cert.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Well, one consolation was that I thought the Barca coach is pretty attractive!
4.gif

I''ve never played soccer, but I love the idea of joining a local team for any sport, it''s such a great idea.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 6:33:52 PM
4.gif

I''ve never played soccer, but I love the idea of joining a local team for any sport, it''s such a great idea.

Do it! I bet there''s a friendly adult soccer league in your city (like beer softball leagues), and if you can find a group, I''m sure they''ll be willing to help you pick up the game. Plus, you know the rules already from watching
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
4.gif

Oooh yeah, he is a hottie! And he has a cool name! For more soccer hotties (with hilarious commentary) you should check out: http://kickette.com/

Misskitty-that''s awesome you found a team already! I bet it''s hard to find a team because it seems like people stay on the same teams for forever. There''s actually a great adult soccer league where I live with tons of leagues and levels within the leagues. I play on 2 outdoor teams (1 women''s and 1 co-ed) and I play on an indoor co-ed league, too.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I''m an Arsenal fan, through and through

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 7:01:36 PM
Author: thing2of2
4.gif

Oooh yeah, he is a hottie! And he has a cool name! For more soccer hotties (with hilarious commentary) you should check out: http://kickette.com/
Oh wow, I totally ''dropped the ball'' on this thread (haha, get it?
20.gif
) Sorry! I love the Kickette site, thx so much for pointing me towards it -- never heard of it before. RE: cool names, I really
30.gif
the name Xavi, like the Barca player. I think I might name my kid Xavi.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 6:58:05 PM
4.gif

Do it! I bet there''s a friendly adult soccer league in your city (like beer softball leagues), and if you can find a group, I''m sure they''ll be willing to help you pick up the game. Plus, you know the rules already from watching
1.gif
Thanks! Alas, I''m moving soon and hopefully where I''m moving to there''ll be some local volleyball... I feel more comfortable with v-ball... but FI''s sis is in a local soccer league and she is having the best time.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 8:08:08 PM
Date: 4/8/2009 7:01:36 PM

Author: thing2of2

4.gif

Oh wow, I totally ''dropped the ball'' on this thread (haha, get it?
20.gif
) Sorry! I love the Kickette site, thx so much for pointing me towards it -- never heard of it before. RE: cool names, I really
30.gif
the name Xavi, like the Barca player. I think I might name my kid Xavi.

Ha! I do love a good play on words!
3.gif
Isn''t Kickette awesome? My twin sis discovered it and me, her and a few of the girls I play soccer with look at it constantly!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results