shape
carat
color
clarity

Anti Semitism....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds We don't understand anti-Semitism because it's totally irrational, like all prejudices. I believe prejudice is just a way to let out some people's inner evil. After all, they're not going to go round saying "I hate random people for no reason because I'm pure evil." They have to pretend that a certain group is bad and thereby justify their evil.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
not cool Roger

1685143140381.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds We don't understand anti-Semitism because it's totally irrational, like all prejudices. I believe prejudice is just a way to let out some people's inner evil. After all, they're not going to go round saying "I hate random people for no reason because I'm pure evil." They have to pretend that a certain group is bad and thereby justify their evil.

FYI

It is important to address all forms of racism when we see it. Otherwise it can become accepted and normalized.
Whether or not we understand it. We must call it out and make it clear it is unacceptable. There must be consequences to actions otherwise it becomes legitimized. Especially when influential people make anti semitic comments. In 2021 anti semitism reached an all time high in the USA

https://www.adl.org/resources/press...incidents-united-states-reached-all-time-high

If we don't respond to anti semitism when we hear and see it who will?
It starts with each individual.

Remember the quote:
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
not cool Roger
I am a huge Pink Floyd fan but he's a weird guy. He has used the "parody" and "calling out fascism" defense a few too many times, imo, and as a fig leaf to his actually embracing it.

A lot like "playful" Elon Musk nibbling around the edges of racism and right-wing extremism.

"Hey, the joke's on you: I'm not an actual fascist; I just like to pretend that I am! Lighten up!"

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
FYI

It is important to address all forms of racism when we see it. Otherwise it can become accepted and normalized.
Whether or not we understand it. We must call it out and make it clear it is unacceptable. There must be consequences to actions otherwise it becomes legitimized. Especially when influential people make anti semitic comments. In 2021 anti semitism reached an all time high in the USA

https://www.adl.org/resources/press...incidents-united-states-reached-all-time-high

If we don't respond to anti semitism when we hear and see it who will?
It starts with each individual.

Remember the quote:
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

i read both those articles
the first one was very good
the 2nd one just made me so sad

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, we're not going to compare and contrast atrocities here. It's political and religion and not allowed here. Some recent posts have been removed that violated these policies.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
please be careful people
we dont want this thread locked too

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, we're going to stop this thread right here. We have policies against politics and religion because emotions understandably get heated. We don't want anger and arguments here. Once again I have had to remove multiple posts that violated our policies and criticized the admin team. We don't allow that and don't need it here.

To answer questions about why we don't allow political or religious tag lines or avatars — there are many religions and countries fighting, particularly right now. Those allegiances that are showcased in a tagline or avatar are political and/or religious in nature, and they can be taunting to those people who have allegiances on the other side of those battles.

These tag lines by their very nature are used right now because of the emotions of rage against the "other side", further entrenching people's identities and trauma around a situation. This leads to demonization and dehumanization of other groups, which leads to the very atrocities everyone is currently being affected by. Emotions drive behavior, and the emotions we want here are understanding, community, and belonging. These kinds of political or religious statements do not support that type of community building, and instead have just torn this community further apart.

The conversations are quickly turning angry and not civil, and I am getting emails and reports about them regularly, which means the it's time to close threads and tightly enforce our rules.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results