shape
carat
color
clarity

Another one so bad it's good

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I found this ring on ebay and it's so bizarre it takes jewelery, art, and the mundane to a whole other level. it's actually blowing my mind that someone would use 9 grams of three colors of gold, rubies and diamonds to make an articulated lobster ring. Let me just say for the record that I LOVE it but I don't think I'll be bidding on it. This is why I love cruising ebay, yardsales, and thriftstores you not only get bargains but the "out there" things are not going to present themselves in the usual venues.

lobsterh.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
that would definitely be something!
crustacean aside, the craftsmanship looks pretty good. indulge us with a link? :naughty:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
It shows how warped my sense of humor is that if I had some spare money I wanted to waste, I'd buy this and wear it just to enjoy the reactions. I also enjoyed reading the seller's description! :lol:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Aoife|1311786490|2978076 said:
It shows how warped my sense of humor is that if I had some spare money I wanted to waste, I'd buy this and wear it just to enjoy the reactions. I also enjoyed reading the seller's description! :lol:

Buhaha. I didn't even notice "Sure to draw appreciative comments, he is one great lobster."

I wouldn't think of it as a waste of money as all...it's like a woopie cushion but made of gold and diamonds. The value lasts even when you tire of the joke. :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow.
I kind of love it and hate it.

At least you know you'll be the only person at the party with one.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
A train wreck of a ring; so ugly it's cute.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it. I'd name it and when people asked me about it I'd be like... "Oh, are you talking about Henry? Isn't he a doll!" just to see what they'd say.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, very interesting.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1311812106|2978425 said:
I like it. I'd name it and when people asked me about it I'd be like... "Oh, are you talking about Henry? Isn't he a doll!" just to see what they'd say.

Haha. Love this response!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
9 grams of gold for 200 bucks isn't bad at all. On top of the intricate design and uniqueness.

Crustie!! I want it. :cheeky:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Bahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could totally see wearing this for reactions.

I'd love to wear it to Red Lobster. :lol:

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know what you are all talking about. I really really like it.

No seriously.

I'm thinking of bidding for it. Someone please stop me. Or I'll inundate PS forums with pictures of lobby doing his thing daily. Muahaha.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG. The perfect name.

We should petition Andrey for him as a mascot!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure I'd want to wear a lobster on a finger, or anywhere for that matter, but it's no more odd than some of the more out-there art jewelry I see in galleries or magazines - I recall one issue that had a very fanciful and elaborate silver frog on the cover. And as someone who makes jewelry, I can say that is some excellent work on a technical level.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Lobby is extremely well made which why he's so amazing. Some eccentric soul must have commissioned him for thousands of dollars and now through some twist of fate he's going on eBay for $200. Somebody please buy Lobby a give him the respect he deserves. I swear if the size and overall proportion could work my my kid hands I would be all over him. Maybe he could become a pendant? Maybe he needs man hands, Kenny? Tristan? I wear some big stones but I'm sure he would go past my knuckle.

I would buy him and then bring him to red lobster for a date.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1311843366|2978747 said:
Lobby is extremely well made which why he's so amazing. Some eccentric soul must have commissioned him for thousands of dollars and now through some twist of fate he's going on eBay for $200. Somebody please buy Lobby a give him the respect he deserves. I swear if the size and overall proportion could work my my kid hands I would be all over him. Maybe he could become a pendant? Maybe he needs man hands, Kenny? Tristan? I wear some big stones but I'm sure he would go past my knuckle.

I love the pendant idea. I was actually just thinking that. Too bad I'm broke.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Lobby really is well-crafted and I love the use of white, rose and yellow gold. I also like the matte finish of the tail. This is the kind of piece that makes me really want to know the history--I wonder who would commission a piece like this? I sort of love how unique it is!

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, fess up. Who's trying to take Lobby home? No votes a while back, unto PS and wham! Someone tries to take Lobby to a new home.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
it was me

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
I kind of really want this. I do have man hands but I'm thinking pendant.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I really (seriously) like it!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
I like it! What a little work of art, I'd like to know the history behind it too.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
....and his tail moves! :lol:

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is pretty incredible, but not quite my style. Still, I hope 'Lobby' goes home to a loving PSer who will wear him with pride! (Mostly b/c I want to hear stories of people's reactions to some lobster bling!)

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
PilsnPinkysMom|1311870763|2978994 said:
That ring is pretty incredible, but not quite my style. Still, I hope 'Lobby' goes home to a loving PSer who will wear him with pride! (Mostly b/c I want to hear stories of people's reactions to some lobster bling!)

I wholeheartedly agree!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1311864711|2978891 said:
Lobby really is well-crafted and I love the use of white, rose and yellow gold. I also like the matte finish of the tail. This is the kind of piece that makes me really want to know the history--I wonder who would commission a piece like this? I sort of love how unique it is!

Me too.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charm bracelet, anyone?

AGBF
:read:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1311866456|2978920 said:
it was me

Are you going to have your new pearl set in between his claws? :naughty: