shape
carat
color
clarity

Animals or humans? Whose company do you prefer?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hardly need to point out the benefits of pets.

But they can't talk.

On the other hand, they offer simple companionship and loyalty.

Whose company do you prefer, if you had to pick one: Animals or humans?

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Animals. Always.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Of the general public, animals. However, my other half isn't bad company most days.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my animals but they don't take the place of human interaction. If you're a jerk then my animals of course. There is an old question asking who would you save if there was a pet and a human drowning. I choose the human as I feel morally responsible to do so. If I or a family member were drowning I hope someone else would do the same.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
I'd have to say animals.
Also, one of my animals can talk and I'm convinced he knows exactly what he's saying. :razz:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
xsouzie, what does he say??

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
xsouzie, what does he say??

His favorites are "What cha doin Bela?", "Peekaboo", "Bela's such a pretty bird", "I'm Bela, I'm pretty", "Come on, gimme kiss" "Haha" and "No."

We recently had an argument and it went something like this:
"Why did you poo on me?"
"No."
"Yes, you did."
"No."
"Yes, you did!"
"Noooo!"

Sometimes I will ask him, "Who's a pretty bird?" and he answers with, "Bela's such a pretty bird. Pretty boo boo!"

Today, I told him he was funny and he replied with "Haha!" Such a character, this one. :lol:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds hilarious!! What kind of bird is he? Do you have any YT videos of him talking? He sounds like a hoot!

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
That sounds hilarious!! What kind of bird is he? Do you have any YT videos of him talking? He sounds like a hoot!

A European starling. Can you believe it? We rescued him from a sweltering sidewalk three years ago and the plan was to take care of him until he could fly and let him go. Come to find out he wouldn't make it since he's a human imprint. He doesn't know any survival skills...his food is given to him and he's afraid of nothing, human or animal. Our cat was actually scared of him in the beginning. He used to run after the cat while yelling "What cha doin, meow meow!"

I have a few videos. This was when I first taught him how to talk. His voice is quite raspy here...probably didn't have control of vocal cords yet. Right at the end he laughs and it sounds like Marge Simpson to me. :P2

Playing peekaboo with the couch..

Whistling "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"...

A few more..

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
PS wouldn't let me include the last video but this one, if you fast forward past his screaming, you can hear him telling me to give him kisses at the 20 second mark..

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
That's a very cute bird.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. My human SO.
2. My bird.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a bird too, Kenny? What kind?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
xsouzie, Bela is amazing! Thank you for posting the videos. So cute and funny! I had no idea that starlings could talk. Incredible!

Imagine if you had a contractor or someone over and Bela said "Give me a kiss"! LOL!

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
xsouzie, Bela is amazing! Thank you for posting the videos. So cute and funny! I had no idea that starlings could talk. Incredible!

Imagine if you had a contractor or someone over and Bela said "Give me a kiss"! LOL!

Haha right?

I read an article awhile ago about a parrot that escaped his owner's home and was stuck on the neighbor's roof for a few days. Firefighters had to be called to rescue him. The owner gave them instructions for when they got up there to say "I love you" to calm him down. So they did that and the parrot's reply was "Eff off!!!"

Bela has sworn at me in the past. He has called me a POS before. I have a video of it but didn't post it on Youtube. It's not something I'm proud of LOL...but the funny thing is we didn't teach him that. My husband and I try not to swear in front of him for the very reason we know he'll pick up on it. Sometimes he'll be singing and making his birdy noises, stop and yell out "F**K!!!" But it's said in an angry low toned voice and not his normal speaking voice. It's as if he knows it's a word he's not supposed to be saying.

The first time I heard him say "Eff you" I was a little creeped out. I had no idea it was him and actually thought I was hearing things/losing my mind/getting haunted because it wasn't said in his normal voice. The only explanation we could come up with is he must've heard it from some movies or shows.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Animals. Always and forever.

I bought my daughter a t-shirt with this on it:
Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 11.35.58 PM.png

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a bird too, Kenny? What kind?

... a conure.
He's our only critter now.
A few years ago our two doggies died of old age. :(sad

214.png

I miss our precious doggies ...

waitingfordaddy.jpg

54.png

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends.

I like to have some stimulating and intellectual interactions with other adults from time to time.

However, I definitely prefer fur kids to human kids, and am childless by choice.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the exception of a few humans it is the company of animals I prefer.
Even my (sometime) a**hole cat Oliver. :wink2:

peoplewholoveanimals.jpg

animalsfillyourheart.png

And see my tag line.
:love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
This is an interesting question. In general I’d say humans — I enjoy conversation and learning about new things, intellectual discussion, laughing and playing music with people.

I had a dog for a decade and a half who was a once-in-a-lifetime companion, just a true soul connection. During that time I would probably say I preferred his company over any people, but since his passing I haven’t felt (or really looked for) that same connection with other animals. Now with kids I have no interest in getting another pet, they are too young to be fully responsible for care and I am too stretched to devote more energy to care and cleaning beyond the brood of humans I already have!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much as I adored my beautiful girl and was devastated when she died, I don’t think I could’ve got through the lockdowns that we’ve had without human company. 21 months on from her death, I think about and miss her every day.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving all the photos of people's animals. Kenny's bird is beautiful. And that Golden above!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha right?

I read an article awhile ago about a parrot that escaped his owner's home and was stuck on the neighbor's roof for a few days. Firefighters had to be called to rescue him. The owner gave them instructions for when they got up there to say "I love you" to calm him down. So they did that and the parrot's reply was "Eff off!!!"

Bela has sworn at me in the past. He has called me a POS before. I have a video of it but didn't post it on Youtube. It's not something I'm proud of LOL...but the funny thing is we didn't teach him that. My husband and I try not to swear in front of him for the very reason we know he'll pick up on it. Sometimes he'll be singing and making his birdy noises, stop and yell out "F**K!!!" But it's said in an angry low toned voice and not his normal speaking voice. It's as if he knows it's a word he's not supposed to be saying.

The first time I heard him say "Eff you" I was a little creeped out. I had no idea it was him and actually thought I was hearing things/losing my mind/getting haunted because it wasn't said in his normal voice. The only explanation we could come up with is he must've heard it from some movies or shows.

xsouzie, that's hilarious! So funny that when he swears, he doesn't do it in his normal. voice. LOL! What a huge personality contained in that tiny birdy!

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Cats..every time. We said goodbye to Minxy and are going through the decline of my precious Lady J (avatar) now. I feel like life can't get any worse...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving all the photos of people's animals. Kenny's bird is beautiful. And that Golden above!!

Here's my (sometimes) a**hole cat Oliver.

oliverinnocentnot.png

And I still prefer him to many (most?) people.

:wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results