shape
carat
color
clarity

An Update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t posted here in a while but I do lurk. Just thought I would give a little update. I still don''t think it will happen anytime soon because I still haven''t found a good job. I mean, I would like to get engaged, but I don''t think it will happen until I''m financially ready and the boyfriend has already told me that. Right now I''m working at Home Depot making 9 bucks an hour part time just to keep myself from going crazy at home and I''d rather have a job utilizing my master''s degree. Heck, I didn''t go to school for 6 years to be making $9 an hour. I hope the economy improves over the next few months and more jobs open up! But who knows, the boyfriend might still surprise me one of these days. At least I hope! I''m looking forward to seeing how many of you guys get engaged around V day and seeing sparklies!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 3:24:51 PM
Author:aggal06
I haven''t posted here in a while but I do lurk. Just thought I would give a little update. I still don''t think it will happen anytime soon because I still haven''t found a good job. I mean, I would like to get engaged, but I don''t think it will happen until I''m financially ready and the boyfriend has already told me that. Right now I''m working at Home Depot making 9 bucks an hour part time just to keep myself from going crazy at home and I''d rather have a job utilizing my master''s degree. Heck, I didn''t go to school for 6 years to be making $9 an hour. I hope the economy improves over the next few months and more jobs open up! But who knows, the boyfriend might still surprise me one of these days. At least I hope! I''m looking forward to seeing how many of you guys get engaged around V day and seeing sparklies!
6.gif
8.gif

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))
that is terrible!
i wish you much luck!!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
(((((HUGS!)))))

I''ve heard so many similar stories it''s sickening. The economy won''t be going anywhere but down for the next 8-12 months, but it WILL pick up eventually. Hang in there!

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the hugs! I graduated in August of ''08 and I''ve been searching ever since my internship told me back in July that they didn''t have room to hire me. I think the problem is that I''m competing with a bunch of old men with tons of experience in the field I want to go into (environmental science/environmental health). I always thought being a female in a scientific field would give me an advantage, but I guess not. It just sucks that the boyfriend told me that once I graduate and get a good job that we could get engaged because we''d be ready financially. Of course I can''t find anything now. It''s really frustrating. I feel kind of bad for him though because he''s paying most of the bills right now. I try to at least give him some money each month to help out and pay for a few groceries, but that''s about all I can do. I really do hope things change soon.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I applaud you for working PT even though you are capable of more. I don''t think this is a reflection of your lack of knowledge or trying... it is just a rough time. I think it is great that your partner wants to wait until you BOTH are finacially stable enough individually before you join together... but that said, in marriage there are rough times, and great times. I think if he has the means to propose, it isn''t an excuse just because you can''t find work right now. That is just IMHO.

That said, HUGE HUGS! You both will get through this!!!
35.gif

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
hey aggal:

I don't know if I'm allowed to be posting this, but I will because it may help you get a (what I like to call) a big girl job.
26.gif
My DBF works for an environmental firm here in NY and they are always looking for environmental scientists. He LOVES his job and you having a master's is what they want/need. I don't know if that will help you at all, but if you want I can drop you their name and it may help you out. They have a website and you can poke around.

Let me know.
1.gif

eta: kudos to you for your sacrifices and patience.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
I would absolutely love, love, love to know the name of the company so I can snoop around their website to see what they have! Thanks! :)

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I hope the economy turns around quick for you! I am sorry you are not being able to use your degree like you would like, but I really applaud you taking a job at home depot for the time being. It keeps your mind busy and keeps something on your resume. I graduated in Aug 08 also and have had a terrible time finding a job, so I feel your pain. Hopefully that company all.of.the.above gives you will at least lead you into a better direction. Best of luck to you!! ** Hugs and job dust** :)

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
35.gif
I obviously cannot guarantee anything, but this may be a slight help. I''m not sure if they have an office in your area, but hey, it''s worth a shot. The company''s name is HDR and this should be their link.

I would do some poking around and let me know if you find anything. Then, I can get DBF on the case.

Again, good luck.
1.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
*hugs* I''m in pretty much the same situation, except I''m not yet finished with my master''s. Best of luck, and I hope you get something soon! (And by something, I mean both a job and a ring
1.gif
)

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
This no shame in any job. It''s amazing how one minute we''re all riding high and jobs seem to be plentiful and the next this. We have to believe that things will get better. Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results