shape
carat
color
clarity

Amazon and other reviews of Pricescope.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
Although Pricescope is assigned a rating, I see no review. Maybe I''m looking in the wrong place though.

Here is a link to Pricescope''s page since Garry''s link leads to a sign-in page.

Despite these statistics being highly suspect, it''s still interesting to compare.

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
I think I did PS review at Amazon. Maybe I was too positive
emembarrassed.gif

The Alexa rankings should be accurate. One point to note is that a low number is better so PS consistently has more traffic than Diamond Talk. I installed the Alexa toolbar so I could see site rankings and where visitors go. Very interesting.

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
Just to clarify, lower numbers are better for traffic rank but higher numbers are better for reach and pageviews.

suzannecallison

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/27/2004 10:43:58 PM
Author: Todd07
I think I did PS review at Amazon. Maybe I was too positive
emembarrassed.gif

The Alexa rankings should be accurate. One point to note is that a low number is better so PS consistently has more traffic than Diamond Talk. I installed the Alexa toolbar so I could see site rankings and where visitors go. Very interesting.
Nah, you can''t be too positive.
1.gif
But how do I find the review?

Suzanne

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Gary, I take it you only see the suggestion of a review as a couple of us have not yet found a posted review, but you can see the 5 stars associated with Pricescope, which I take it is what you meant to indicate.

As indicated, you''re brought to Alexa''s site, shown as associated with Amazon.

But, if you go to Amazon directly, it''s not clear to me what would prompt you to find a review of a web site, and if you wanted such a review, it''s not clear what you''d do to find it.

Going to log in and create a review (as noted here), the suggestion at one point and then another is that the length of time for posting would range from a day to a week.

Also, in the initial wizard for review posting, the first option presented seems to be that you can list your real name, as long as they also capture your credit card info (bad form!). But, you have another option of using a pseudo name instead, requiring no plastic or card data to be presented, and here you can present your real data if you wish to share this.

Just some of what I''ve found to be the case...

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ira I found it through the Alexa tool bar which I find great.
With it you can see otherweb pages that visitors to a given sight also frequent.
For instance i can see where people are likely to come and go from my website.

But more imprtantly you can compare the visitor #''s from different sites - I do not know if this link will work - but try it
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?&range=2y&size=medium&y=r&url=http://www.tiffany.com/#top

It shows that Tiffany could be gaining on bluenile.com since September and you should get out of BN and into Tiffany shares soon.

The tool bar - like the google tool bar is easy to use and essential.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in with my review!!! Why do I think this will stay a 5-star item for quite a while
emteeth.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t find existing reviews either, it says ''be the first to write a review of Pricescope.com''?

Why does it say that the site has ''Many'' popups and that over 25% of the sessions have popups? I never get them at all and I don''t have any sort of blocker installed.

The compare function is very cool, I''m sure DT loves that.
41.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Dudes
36.gif

All Customer Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Pricescope "rocks", November 29, 2004
Reviewer: Jonathan A. Kiefer "wonka27" (Allentown, PA) - See all my reviews

Seriously...if you want to purchase a diamond, you need to visit pricescope.com to gain some much need information. Most people are blind to the knowledge needed to purchase a diamond. Pricescope users focus of the "cut" of a diamond. Believe it or not, if a diamond is cut better, it will look much much better. When you head out to your average mall jeweler, you get average diamonds. Pricescope can help you find ideal cut diamonds for reasonable prices. The people there are friendly and you can find top of the line vendors who offer their services to you. Take the time to visit!!!!

Was this review helpful to you? (Report this)

Kudos to Pricescope, November 29, 2004
Reviewer: Ira Zukerman (Silver Spring, MD) - See all my reviews

I found/stumbled upon Pricescope this past summer while trying to find a replacement engagement ring for my wife. After having found the site, in fairly short order, and with a pretty clear idea of what I wanted, the tools at the site helped me to efficiently locate a vendor I wanted to use, and moreover, it helped to supply me with additional tools previously not known to me to make what turned out to be a very satisfying purchase. I''d highly recommend the site, with a caveat. It is not only informative, but also addicting; the resources there are not only very content rich, but the contributors there -- interesting, and I have found myself lingering there more than I might have imagined. So, use at your own risk. Still, highly recommended.

Unbiased information, helpful consumers., November 29, 2004
Reviewer: R. Nies (Mesa, AZ) - See all my reviews

Pricescope has become an invaluable tool for those of us unfamiliar with the diamond industry. It begins with an excellent tutorial, teaching the distinctions between grading characteristics as well as guidelines for minimum grades by cut shape; there are charts to help determine whether a particular stone is exceptionally well-cut, of average cut or poorly cut, and a cut advisor which gives you an approximation of the diamond''s visual performance based on cut information (pavilion and crown angles, table and depth percentages). This is EXTREMELY helpful when one is attempting to make this purchase online!

In case you don''t know where to shop, Pricescope has a diamond search feature where you plug in the desired characteristics (shape, size, minimum quality grades) and it lists diamonds for sale within your specifications with links to the selling party. This is a fantastic way to bargain-shop, and all Pricescope vendors have proven themselves honest and reliable before being listed. In case there''s ever any concern, you can always go to the vendor review page and read both good and bad experiences with that particular vendor.

But by far the best feature of this website is its forum. The people of Pricescope are knowledgable and helpful, willing to give of their time to educate, offer alternatives, or just help you hunt down the perfect piece of jewelry. Most are just experienced consumers, but there are a few diamond experts (jewelers, appraisers, and cutters) to offer their perspective as well. Overall, it is a friendly forum just stuffed with ideas and inspiration.

I highly recommend this site to anyone about to purchase a diamond!

Teaches you how to buy smart - diamonds, November 21, 2004
Reviewer: T. Ravenholt "newbie" (USA) - See all my reviews

I feel lucky I found this site before purchasing my e-ring. Most guys are amateurs at buying jewelry. The advice in their tutorial and forums taught me how to get the most value for my money and to buy safely over the internet. You can read posts and ask questions of many experts that contribute their time.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Winyan''s review of DT is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results