shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Who would rather eat the chocolate part of the oreo than the stuffing?

After looking at InLuv''s post with the oreo''s at the bottom, all I kept thinking was how much I wanted the chocolate cookies that were stacked up behind the mega stuffed oreo!

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Lol, Sabine. There were alot of the chocolate cookies in the background! I personally love the filling better...love double stuffed Oreos much more than the regular ones.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I *HATE* the white stuff. When i was little we had this dog named Peppy. I would separate the two halves and let Peppy lick all the white stuff off and then eat the cookies. The day my mother saw that she *flipped*her*lid* to say the least, LOL. Good ol' Peppy lived to be twenty years old so maybe there is something good in there though. (Well, OK, maybe not... )

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 6:14:17 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
I *HATE* the white stuff. When i was little we had this dog named Peppy. I would separate the two halves and let Peppy lick all the white stuff off and then eat the cookies. The day my mother saw that she *flipped*her*lid* to say the least, LOL. Good ol'' Peppy lived to be twenty years old so maybe there is something good in there though. (Well, OK, maybe not... )
I know more than I should about what''s in an oreo (considering I don''t work for Nabisco) and I can tell you there definitely isn''t anything good in there
3.gif
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer the filling, myself ... but I''m wondering if you''ve ever tried Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers? They *look* kinda like oreos w/o the filling.

I found out about them because I''m about to make a version of this dessert.
18.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I can''t even consider eating either piece unless I am starving to death in which case I would scrape the white stuff out with my teeth and then I would eat the cookies that are left [preferably dunked in milk!].

I have not eaten an oreo in, probably, decades!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2009 6:16:15 PM
Author: elrohwen

I *HATE* the white stuff. When i was little we had this dog named Peppy. I would separate the two halves and let Peppy lick all the white stuff off and then eat the cookies. The day my mother saw that she *flipped*her*lid* to say the least, LOL. Good ol'' Peppy lived to be twenty years old so maybe there is something good in there though. (Well, OK, maybe not... )
I know more than I should about what''s in an oreo (considering I don''t work for Nabisco) and I can tell you there definitely isn''t anything good in there
3.gif
2.gif
Yah... I didn''t really think so...

Poor Peppy; I probably sent him to an early grave. Might have lived to be THIRTY if it weren''t for all those cookies. He sure did enjoy them though!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 6:27:01 PM

Date: 2/12/2009 6:16:15 PM
Author: elrohwen

3.gif
2.gif
Yah... I didn''t really think so...

Poor Peppy; I probably sent him to an early grave. Might have lived to be THIRTY if it weren''t for all those cookies. He sure did enjoy them though!

Haha, Peppy sounds like one of those old guys who''ll tell you "I smoked 3 packs of cigarettes and drank a six pack every day for the last 60 years and that''s the reason I''m still around!"

teapot

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the cookie part too. I don''t know why people buy the "double stuff" oreo.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope! I care not for the stuffing part. That''s why I love chocolate teddy grahams
18.gif
they''re like oreos without the stuffing!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, chocolate teddy grahams - now you're talking! You know, trader Joe's has these really good [well, not in the elegant sense!] chocolate cat cookies [or maybe they call tham crackers]. I can suck those down no problem.

ETA Have you has the chocolate teddy grahams with cream cheese? Real good . . .

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
The white stuff tastes like wax to me. Kind of like those fake Halloween teeth, but without the "fruity" flavoring. I never could eat it. I don''t mind the cookie part, but I don''t like it enough to have ever bought a pack of Oreos for myself.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-I thought I was the only one who doesn''t like the oreo filling! My husband says I''m a weirdo, and I tell him he''s a freak for buying the double stuff.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the chocolate part, don''t really care for the white creme. I always eat the creme first to get it out of the way so I can enjoy the cookie part!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/12/2009 5:32:50 PM
Author:Sabine

Well, Dee*Jay and Octavia criticized the filling, but in my opinion the cookie bears little resemblance to chocolate :(.

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/12/2009 7:15:05 PM
Author: Octavia

The white stuff tastes like wax to me. Kind of like those fake Halloween teeth, but without the ''fruity'' flavoring. I never could eat it. I don''t mind the cookie part, but I don''t like it enough to have ever bought a pack of Oreos for myself.

Gee...I''m a bit different. I may criticize the cookie part, but I have bought myself many a package of Oreos and eaten them. Dunked in milk. I guess I''m like those women in the Woody Allen film who complain that the food is bad and there''s so little of it, too!

Deb
34.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t like either side more than the other. It''s about them being TOGETHER. So I like the regular ones, not double stuf

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 6:50:58 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
Ooooh, chocolate teddy grahams - now you''re talking! You know, trader Joe''s has these really good [well, not in the elegant sense!] chocolate cat cookies [or maybe they call tham crackers]. I can suck those down no problem.
I''ll have to check for those next time I go to TJ''s!

ETA Have you has the chocolate teddy grahams with cream cheese? Real good . . .
NO! That sounds absolutely DELISH! Thanks for the tip!

I usually dump a bunch in a glass of skim milk, let ''em get smooshy, then spoon ''em out. YUMMY!
18.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I actually don''t like either part - I''ve never been an Oreos fan...

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I only like the cookie part - oreo "stuff" is gross to me.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t dip in milk either-it grosses me out to see husband do it and all the crumbs in the milk. icky.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the chocolate cookie over the filling too!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
FI and I living in Australia could never understand why Americans were so OMG oreos because the ones you get here taste like crap. That was until we tasted ones that came direct from the states and we finally got it - OMG massive difference, like night and day. One of the first things we bought when we went to NY was American Oreos.

In answer to the original question I like the cookie part the best :D

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The white stuff is BLECH!
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

Much prefer a box of the chocolate part!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 8:03:43 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:

Well, Dee*Jay and Octavia criticized the filling, but in my opinion the cookie bears little resemblance to chocolate :(.

Deborah

34.gif

Hehe, Deb, that's why I said the cookie part and not the chocolate part. I don't think it's particularly chocolaty either, but I don't actually dislike it
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 10:53:50 PM
Author: Octavia

Date: 2/12/2009 8:03:43 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:

Deborah

34.gif

Hehe, Deb, that's why I said the cookie part and not the chocolate part. I don't think it's particularly chocolaty either, but I don't actually dislike it
1.gif
I actually prefer the snackables 100 calorie version of oreos. No filling and plenty of crisp choco-esque goodness. LOL.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I agree - I prefer the cookie part over the white stuff. Actually, I have food issues and don''t like much that is white, so it makes sense ( to me anyways).

Well...I do like sugar, and that is white :)

I just don''t like white creamy stuff.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Haha, glad I''m not alone! And don''t get me started on the holiday oreos with the colored fillings, I can''t even EAT those!

I just posted in the cookie thread that my grocery store has their own brand of cookies that are basically oreos with a fudge filling, and I LOVE them! And the best part is, they are about $1.29 for a package the size of the oreos package!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I used to eat them with my grandma and my mom when I WAS REALLY LITTLE. Whole. Dipped in milk. I always look at the cookies fondly, no matter how bad for me. But we''d only have 2, and then it''d be time for bed.
1.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2009 6:45:56 PM
Author: teapot
I prefer the cookie part too. I don''t know why people buy the ''double stuff'' oreo.

Ditto that! I hate double stuffed oreos! What I LOVE to do (which is SO unhealthy) is soak them in milk. I mean SOAK them in milk.

Dang it...why did anyone say anything about oreos? I have some in my cupboard unopened for the last month...and i was doing SO GOOD resisting temptation....(off to get milk and oreos)....
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results