color
clarity

A woman on the presidential ballot

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1465429409|4041909 said:
liaerfbv|1465420971|4041841 said:
Actually DF, I'd really like you to share with us how many full-time jobs she's applied to in the past 8 years. Since you've been subsidizing her (as you constantly remind us), I assume you require her to submit information to you re: the jobs she applies for - as anyone has to do when collecting unemployment benefits. Please share with us the details of how Obama has personally failed your daughter in her employment attempts.
After my daughter graduated from college 4 yrs ago she applied for many jobs but only received one interview. she then decided to go to nursing school which she did graduated from last month. We'll see if she can find a job soon. Obama didn't failed my daughter personally but he did failed the whole country by creating very few jobs in the past two yrs. Notice I didn't saying anything negative about his first 6 yrs in office? b/c our economy was in a down cycle, but the job report for the month of May (38K new jobs) is laughable ... :knockout: except for those millions of people who are looking for employment.

Here's a nice table for you to peruse DF.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_created_during_U.S._presidential_terms

One of your favorite presidents (Jimmy Carter) had the highest job creation during a presidential term in the last 46 years!

If your daughter can't find a job anywhere in this country as a nurse, something is seriously wrong but do not despair. I suggest she call Donald Trump and ask if she can get a job in one of his hotels. He is a huuuuuge job creator! And if she doesn't want to do housekeeping, maybe she's more of the outdoorsy type, I'm sure there'll be plenty of employment opportunities building Donald's terrific wall! (oh wait, he has to be elected for that to happen - better stick to housekeeping...)

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1465430308|4041914 said:
VRBeauty|1465428415|4041901 said:
Queenie60|1465367889|4041541 said:
I feel that voters can't get past the excitement of "making history" and lose sight of the issues and the character of the person.

This is almost not worth the effort, but I'm going to respond anyway.

I voted for the person who in my estimation represented the best combination of policies, understanding of the issues, and ability to get things done. I did not choose my candidate on the basis of race, gender, family name, age, or whatever. Hillary Clinton is neither a perfect candidate nor a perfect person. However, I also remember well the animus the Clintons drew from the very beginning of Bill Clinton's presidency, and in particular the animus Mrs. Clinton drew because she was not the "help meet" First Lady the country was used to. And that she's been under attack from the same obstructionist Republicans who decided from the outset of the current administration to fight President Obama on everything, in the hope of preventing a second term, rather than work with him on anything or advancing workable policies of their own.

I'll assume, Queenie, that you also voted for the candidate you felt to be the represent the best combination of policy, qualifications, character etc... even if your examination did lead you to a different conclusion. ;))

Not here to argue with you - just to state my opinion. Seems to me that unless you're an Obama supporter or a Hillary supporter, you're bound to get heavily criticized on this forum. That's too bad. ;)) I'll now bow out - should have kept my opinions to myself being that I don't agree with most of you. :shock:

That was heavy criticism?

But you didn't *just* state your opinion - you (in a nice way) accused voters of losing sight of attributes you value in favor of excitement of the novelty of a female candidate. Isn't that also criticism?

I think you both engaged in constructive criticism. :)

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
People, people, people

No, you shouldn't vote for her just because she's a woman, just like you should not have voted for Obama just because he's black.

The problems in this country cannot be blamed on just one person. Look at the 535 clowns in Congress.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1465430385|4041915 said:
Actually DF, I'd really like you to share with us how many full-time jobs she's applied to in the past 8 years. Since you've been subsidizing her (as you constantly remind us), I assume you require her to submit information to you re: the jobs she applies for - as anyone has to do when collecting unemployment benefits. Please share with us the details of how Obama has personally failed your daughter in her employment attempts.
After my daughter graduated from college 4 yrs ago she applied for many jobs but only received one interview. she then decided to go to nursing school which she did graduated from last month. We'll see if she can find a job soon. Obama didn't failed my daughter personally but he did failed the whole country by creating very few jobs in the past two yrs. Notice I didn't saying anything negative about his first 6 yrs in office? b/c our economy was in a down cycle, but the job report for the month of May (38K new jobs) is laughable ... :knockout: except for those millions of people who are looking for employment.

One of your favorite presidents (Jimmy Carter) had the highest job creation during a presidential term in the last 46 years!
But you forgot to mention about "high inflation" during his 4 yrs in office. Yes I still remember paying 59 cents for a gal of gas... :knockout: and guess who came to rescue the country in 1980?.. ;))

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1465431652|4041921 said:
Maria D|1465430385|4041915 said:

But you forgot to mention about "high inflation" during his 4 yrs in office. Yes I still remember paying 59 cents for a gal of gas... :knockout: and guess who came to rescue the country in 1980?.. ;))

Oh DF, you know I didn't expect to enlighten you or change your mind, right? I just enjoy prodding you into nonsensical whining! :naughty:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1465429856|4041911 said:
kenny|1465421218|4041842 said:
DF, you are more responsible for your daughter than Obama is.

You're her dad.
You raised her.

Besides, Obama may not have put a chicken in every pot but he put an Octavia on our fingers. :sun:

See, blaming O for your daughter is as silly as crediting him for our Octavias. :mrgreen:
It took me 5 yrs to save enough food stamps to pay for the Octavia.. ;))

DF, please read the FACTS:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2014/09/18/the-obama-economy-vs-the-reagan-economy-its-literally-no-contest/#45a19f9e38bc
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/02/05/142288/reagan-centennial/
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/21/opinion/21krugman.html?_r=0

And maybe you can reconsider your rosy recollections of Reagan, since the legacy of his economic policy is actually failure in the long term, though with good short term results.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="Gypsy

DF, please read the FACTS:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2014/09/18/the-obama-economy-vs-the-reagan-economy-its-literally-no-contest/#45a19f9e38bc
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/02/05/142288/reagan-centennial/
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/21/opinion/21krugman.html?_r=0

And maybe you can reconsider your rosy recollections of Reagan, since the legacy of his economic policy is actually failure in the long term, though with good short term results.[/quote]

So Obama's $9 trillion spending will get us out of the hole?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1465430308|4041914 said:
Not here to argue with you - just to state my opinion. Seems to me that unless you're an Obama supporter or a Hillary supporter, you're bound to get heavily criticized on this forum. That's too bad. ;)) I'll now bow out - should have kept my opinions to myself being that I don't agree with most of you. :shock:
Don't let the left wingers scare you away... :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results