shape
carat
color
clarity

A picture of my veil and a hair question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
This is a picture of my mom''s veil from my parents'' wedding in 1973. I haven''t actually seen it yet in person because it''s buried somewhere in my grandmother''s attic. My mom is a little worried about the condition of the tulle (it was never cleaned), but the edging was handmade by my grandmother (illustrated with red arrow) and the headpiece was my grandmother''s from her wedding. We are planning to replace the tulle with new tulle if it is not in good condition. Do you think it would be possible to wear a low chignon/updo with this headpiece, or will it look funny? I really don''t want to wear my hair down, but I think it would be cool to wear the same headpiece that both my mom and grandmother wore to their weddings.

1973168modagain.jpg

krockie

Shiny_Rock
I think you could definitely do a low chignon, but I would stay away from anything that is too high up on the crown of your head. Maybe something with a side-swept bang, and then a low updo? The headpiece is beautiful.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Ithink the a low updo or chignon would look great. but before you count on anything I would check the goods... sometimes the lace and stuff will yellow depending how it was stored!! it''s a beautiful veil though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results