shape
carat
color
clarity

A little nervous about shower...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I was reading another thread about showers and this popped into my mind and i know it will bug me if i don''t put it out there...
I haven''t had a whooole lot of time to get to know fi''s family. I''ve met his aunts and uncles a few times (a golf tournament and 2 family dinners) and in his family its tradition for all the aunts to throw a bridal shower whether the bride is on their side of the family or not. So anyways it will be in july and I''m just nervous being around all his family without having fi there to help me get to know people you know? My mom and bridesmaids will be there but then it will be about 20-25 ladies I''ve only met 3 times at most...does anyone have any tips on how to stay calm and just try to relax and enjoy it? (besides the obvious mimosa lol)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Think of it this way.. better to meet them at the shower, than at the wedding..I HAD THAT STRESS FREAKOUT DAY OF! HA! SO, if you are a little nervous... it is okay.. it gets it out of the way- BEFORE the big day!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
My fiance was at my bridal shower. He was there for the luncheon part and was introduced to everyone. Then he and my dad took off while we opened gifts. They returned later to help us take everything home.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 6:15:48 PM
Author: swingirl
My fiance was at my bridal shower. He was there for the luncheon part and was introduced to everyone. Then he and my dad took off while we opened gifts. They returned later to help us take everything home.
This sounds like a good plan! He could help with the initial introductions and get everybody comfortable.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
We have those "Auntie" showers all the time in our family. Yes, they can be nerve wracking for the bride!

One of our brides was amazing: she had gotten FI to give her tidbits of information about each one of the Aunties. So when they were introduced, or, when she received their gift, she had something little to say to them personally.

Everyone was SO impresssed. We fell in love with her that day. SHE made US all feel special. Now, THAT is a talent!

LS

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 7:23:21 PM
Author: LostSapphire
We have those ''Auntie'' showers all the time in our family. Yes, they can be nerve wracking for the bride!

One of our brides was amazing: she had gotten FI to give her tidbits of information about each one of the Aunties. So when they were introduced, or, when she received their gift, she had something little to say to them personally.

Everyone was SO impresssed. We fell in love with her that day. SHE made US all feel special. Now, THAT is a talent!

LS

Haha maybe I should do that! he has sooo many aunts id be so scared to mess it up lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results