shape
carat
color
clarity

A break before buying a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone ever felt they needed a break from Pricescope, after doing a lot of research and before coming back to buy? OR is it better to continue learning everything and buy and then have a break? Just something that occurred to me but for people addicted like myself it is probably wishful thinking.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 10:32:25 AM
Author:Pyramid
Has anyone ever felt they needed a break from Pricescope, after doing a lot of research and before coming back to buy? OR is it better to continue learning everything and buy and then have a break? Just something that occurred to me but for people addicted like myself it is probably wishful thinking.
Breaks are good. Always good. Whether they are intended or precipitated by life. Distance encourages alternative perspectives and that can be a powerful tool in decision making.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I took a little break after buying it.

Actually, while I was buying, I wish I had pricescope on me. I went the B&M route. There were many times I wish I had a cell phone/pda that had internet access so I could consult PS while at the store. It was a little bit of a pain creating my cheat sheet with the stats and prices of my ideal diamond. Approx prices were especially hard b/c I had only knew what color it had to be. So, that meant a very wide range of prices were in play.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good advice Cehra.

Codex, I wonder if anyone on this newsboard has ever brought their personal pc with them when diamond shopping. Do you mean you only knew Colour because you would go with different cuts angles or was it a fancy shaped diamond, clarity did that depend on what you saw yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results