shape
carat
color
clarity

A bit of Fun- The best bing for 2015

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
As 2015 is drawing to a close, which bling item/s have you worn/ loved the most thus far. It could be a recent purchase/ gift or, one that has been your holy grail that you have from 2000... it could be one or 100 bling items, it could be something that you wear or something that still sits in a box.....it doesn't matter. cos we know some bling gets more love one year than others....remember= It is fun.

I will start...

1) I must admit my Rolex that i recently received has given me so much enjoyment in the short time that i have it.

2) the gift i got from a fellow PSer Susimoo, the diamond earrings for my second ear piercing....THanx! susimoo

3) My forever bling set.. the Asscher solitaire and carre eternity; which are my RHR
4) My first bling set for my left hand.
5) there is my pendant as well but i can only attach 4 pics

_35310.jpg

12241382_10153243244332896_2105599927383371053_n.jpg

current_3.jpg

rolling_rings.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
this is my pendant.

current_necklace.jpg

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
easy for me... this set...

boone9.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
acebruin|1447829329|3951164 said:

boone9.jpg

OH WOW, Acbruin,

I forgot about your sets! OMG!!!

Those yellows pop!

I love that tension setting of the asscher!!!

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
love your tension asscher rhr as well... who made that one? i can't seem to remember...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
acebruin|1447829329|3951164 said:

boone9.jpg

Drool....

Q

Queenie60

img_0828.jpg

My bling for 2015 would be my Christmas present from last year (2014) - 1 ct yellow/green pear pendant, from enchanted diamonds. Of course I chose myself and my husband was gracious enough to allow me to have it as a gift! I enjoy wearing it. Sorry for the bad picture, I'm not good at photographing jewelry.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
acebruin|1447829936|3951168 said:
love your tension asscher rhr as well... who made that one? i can't seem to remember...

THanx!!! sadly mine isnt a tension setting per se. it has a bar that joins the 2 sides. i had it made in Sydney, AUS in the early days of my PS. In AUS they do not understand tension setting in the manner that we know on PS. So, i settled with this setting. really happy with it.

Oh i just realised that the pendant i have is the wrong pic.. i cant find it on this computer... :(

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Queenie60|1447830932|3951172 said:

img_0828.jpg

My bling for 2015 would be my Christmas present from last year (2014) - 1 ct yellow/green pear pendant, from enchanted diamonds. Of course I chose myself and my husband was gracious enough to allow me to have it as a gift! I enjoy wearing it. Sorry for the bad picture, I'm not good at photographing jewelry.

That is a beauty...

I am assuming that you are wearing all the time????

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg, this is such a fun idea for a thread! Beautiful eye candy posted so far, PS'ers have the best stuff…and I hope to see more!

For me, I'd have to say I've really been enjoying wearing my yellow diamond ring. And ever since I gave my OEC a really good cleaning I kinda fell in love with it again lol. And I always wear my 1 ctw earrings, still really love those.

img_9877.jpg

img_9878.jpg

p1000312_1.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Gorgeous yellow halo, junebug! I have always loved yellow diamonds, but ever since I saw the all yellow halos here, I have become even more obsessed :shock: I really, really want one, but my e-ring is a round halo and I wonder if it would be too much to have a second halo as a right hand ring?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^Aw thanks momhappy! I guess it's personal preference but I think it would look fine and if you really want a yellow halo ring you should go for it!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I think so too! I really wish that I would have seen the all-yellow halo pics before I did my e-ring reset. I love my halo e-ring, but had I thought to do all yellow, I would have certainly gone that route instead.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1447867829|3951341 said:
Greg, this is such a fun idea for a thread! Beautiful eye candy posted so far, PS'ers have the best stuff…and I hope to see more!

For me, I'd have to say I've really been enjoying wearing my yellow diamond ring. And ever since I gave my OEC a really good cleaning I kinda fell in love with it again lol. And I always wear my 1 ctw earrings, still really love those.

wow- beautiful pieces.... love the yellow pear and halo..

love the OEC... my fav round cut....
Staple studs!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My VCA Sweet butterfly in turquoise. Wear it everyday, all day. Took it off only when I ran the NYC marathon.

My Love cuff. I would wear it more if I would just workout in the morning.

_794.jpeg

_795.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful hands LLJs : ) good for making great bling look even better!

Love those square-cuts, guys.

No contest for me -finding my OEC Joy this spring was the highlight of the year.
xxx_0.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are all fabulous. I seem to have bought several pieces this year but here are my favorites.

img_9886.jpg

img_9887.jpg

_35319.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom they are beautiful.that turquoise butterfly.
Marcy... We love to see ppls collection grow! Yay. Love them earrings.
Jimmianne- that OEC!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a great thread and I am enjoying all the beautiful bling. :love: :love: :love:

Junie, I LOVE your yellow pear halo ring. So beautiful. :love:

Marcy, I covet those emerald diamond earrings. TDF. And your blue sapphire. :love: :appl:

Jimmianne, sigh, I love Joy. When can I expect her and Puff for a visit? :cheeky:

LLJsmom, you have an enviable and impressive collection and I feel lucky to have seen some of it up close. :love:

Queenie, I love your pear pendant. Gorgeous.

Acebruin, omg I love your sets. :love:

Greg, I love your whole collection. That Rolex looks so handsome on your wrist. And your rings are just beautiful. :love:

I think I got 2 pairs of earrings this year. One pair for Valentine's Day and the other for my birthday. Still need to choose something for our anniversary and for the holidays but nothing I am considering right now. I guess I'll have to make up for it in 2016 haha. I am definitely due for more bling.

heartearrings.jpg

graceearringscloseup.jpg

graceearringswithkittiesinbackgrounddidn_1.jpg

valentinevintage.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow I cannot believe I forgot another piece of bling I got this year. My new "Edwardian" reproduction earrings. I love these and wear them a lot. In fact I have to say I really love all the earrings I got this year and wear them more than I thought I would. Very pleased with my 2015 earring purchases. Now I am looking for a pair of antique pear drop earrings if anyone should come across something they think I would like I would really appreciate you bringing it to my attention. Something like this but more symmetrical and a bit less expensive. Would love to keep it at 4k or under if possible. Thank you!

http://www.langantiques.com/antique-pear-shape-diamond-drop-earrings-1.html

_35323.jpg

edwardianearringscloseup.jpg

_35324.jpg

edwardianearringsincar.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Great earring collection Missy! :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re-setting my 1.19ct E VS1 EC in time for my 50th birthday will always be the event of the year for 2015. It had taken 10 years before I finally got round to do it for various reasons.

Its original setting was not to my liking, and it was partly my fault for not providing more input on its design. Good thing about waiting this long for a re-set is that I took my time in deciding on the design, and am very satisfied with its forever home.

The EC in its original setting - the stone was set too high, and the shank's profile too narrow and square:

ecbezelset_2s_0.jpg

The EC in its forever home, an air gap/line halo, set as low as possible with a wider band, providing better finger coverage:

ecreset_d.jpg

The original ring and the new semi-mount side by side:

ecsemimounthandshot03.jpg

DK :))

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Missy - your earring collecting is beautiful.
and for that dangle pear set- OMG!!! i wonder if you offered Lang, if they woudl accept $3950?? can only but try???

DK168- nice reset! better finger coverage! the halo works nicely!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Queenie and Greg.
DK, love your reset.

Haha I see I read your thread theme incorrectly Greg. Skimming is no good when will I learn lol. I thought you asked for bling purchases only from 2015. Now I see you welcomed all bling purchases we are currently enjoying. I missed the boat on that one. :doh:

Greg, that is a great idea if I was in love with these but while I love the pear drop earrings I linked here from Lang's site I don't think they are worth even 4K (to me). The pears are too different for me to have as a pair even in different ears. So I am looking for something similar but more symmetrical. They are gorgeous though I have to say but just not well matched enough for me.

I will not threadjack your thread anymore and thanks for your input!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results