shape
carat
color
clarity

A bad situation, but did he give me another E hint?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FutureMrsC

Rough_Rock
I came home to find my guy extremely upset and rightfully so... someone in another state on the other side of the country duplicated his credit card and charged up over $4,000 since Sunday. The bank caught it and closed the account denying what hadn''t cleared, but it will take a month to fix everything. The person will probably never be caught or even known how he/she got a hold of his card number and created a second card (he still has his one and only issued card).

I kept saying to him well thankfully the bank is going to help make it right and clear you of the charges, that''s a good thing! But he keeps shaking his head and saying he''s not upset at the money, he''s upset at the timing and what he had planned. Well my birthday is Thursday and I just laughed at him saying well if you were planning to get my birthday gift with your credit card you should have shopped earlier, but it''s no big deal really I think I''ll understand... he shakes his head and says no your birthday gift was only a little part of the plan and I''m not saying any more, so stop prying.

But now I can''t help but wonder what he was planning that now has been ruined by identity theft of all things! My guy is not a planner so it must be a big deal. And I can''t really bug him about it, because that really is prying! Argh!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about your bf's identity theft, I hope it gets all cleared up quickly. I actually had the same thing happen to me in January for about $3000. I never had to pay for the charges, I just lost use of that card for about a month... so it seems to me that something like that shouldn't interfere (financially) with any plans he may have...?

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
This happens all to often with the internet. Happened to me, happened to my mom and happened to my Dad at all different times.
Make sure website are https when buying online.

Hope he can rework his plans

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t personally had that happen to me, but I do know of many that have, and it''s a pain to resolve. I hope he can work it all out soon. I can understand how the stress of something like that could ruin an otherwise happy occasion. Hopefully he can put it behind him soon! My suspicion is that the plans he''s referring to are exactly what you''re hoping for!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results