shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB:diamond engagement ring

H

Horsegirl76

I’m helping a friend shop for an E-ring. He’s looking for pre-loved and wants as big as he can get.
Budget is 2K, prefers platinum but gold is ok. Obviously cut is important and he likes MRB.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a quick peruse of eBay and can share my observations.
Princess cut diamonds are currently “out of favor” so you can get more diamond for your $$$
Most are in 14kt gold, older ie vintage rings are more likely to be in Platinum.
Under $2,000 a single Stone RB isn’t common, most rings amp up the look with side stones, halos.
Most diamonds in these rings are lower clarity / clarity enhanced. Some in the i2 range (lowest clarity).
Cut quality is nigh impossible to determine as I didn’t find one with a GIA report giving “the numbers” to put in the HCA tool to check performance. Some include certifications indicating colour and clarity most seem to be vendor estimations.
An alternative to a pre loved might be a new Lightbox man made diamond from DeBeers. Currently out of stock but they have a 1 carat solitaire set into a pendant for $900. Your friend could buy that and get a new ring setting. Unfortunately, being out of stock, when there might be a new supply available is ?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results