shape
carat
color
clarity

This is for Missy

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg @missy I have to shout out to my sister Kim. She
works for a large company with many buildings,
some abandoned. Kim has adopted a Colony of
Feral cats. Kim feeds them on her own dime, she
will trap them and take to her vet for innoculations,
spade and neutering , then re home them. They are on camera 24/7 and she goes every morning and
evening to care for them. Kim is an angel on earth!!
The 1st baby was still attached to the umbilical cord!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please thank your sister Kim from me and my dh. It is truly an act of selfless love to take care of the feral and doing TNR and other veterinary care for them. It's hard work that is often very sad and bittersweet but it results in saving lives and making their short tough lives a little bit better. Thank you Kim. And thank you @Luvallgems.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh they are so precious!!!! Thank your sister Kim for helping them!!!!

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
Please thank your sister Kim from me and my dh. It is truly an act of selfless love to take care of the feral and doing TNR and other veterinary care for them. It's hard work that is often very sad and bittersweet but it results in saving lives and making their short tough lives a little bit better. Thank you Kim. And thank you @Luvallgems.
She works full time and is a single Mom. The cats & kittens are her passion! You can find her at Petsmart every Saturday morning, buying
food for her babies.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She works full time and is a single Mom. The cats & kittens are her passion! You can find her at Petsmart every Saturday morning, buying
food for her babies.

We share that passion then. Always so happy to hear of others who care about the ferals. So many cats go unloved and uncared for and it's such a tough life. It gives me faith when I hear of similarly minded people regarding the animals. Not just the pretty and clean sweet animals but all of the animals. The feral kitties deserve a chance.

And please everyone who is reading (though I doubt anyone here doesn't already do this but always worth repeating)
Spay and Neuter your animals please. It would so help the feral kitty situation. Thank you.:pray:

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
We share that passion then. Always so happy to hear of others who care about the ferals. So many cats go unloved and uncared for and it's such a tough life. It gives me faith when I hear of similarly minded people regarding the animals. Not just the pretty and clean sweet animals but all of the animals. The feral kitties deserve a chance.

And please everyone who is reading (though I doubt anyone here doesn't already do this but always worth repeating)
Spay and Neuter your animals please. It would so help the feral kitty situation. Thank you.:pray:
Missy, meant to say
“Spay” just caught that!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those kitties are BEAUTIFUL!!! Your sister is doing great work...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is our feral kitty feeding station set up. We have it on our property so no one can complain. Well they can complain but it is our right to feed the ferals on our land. No one has complained though thankfully. Our number of feral cats vary but we have lots. We also have built (well Greg has built) feral shelters on our property.

Here is the feeder he built. This is the third iteration and the most current. It holds 40 lbs of food. We operate it remotely so when we are not here we can control the situation as the raccoons would eat all of the food if we did not close the doors at night. There are 2 doors. One to go on and one to leave and make the kitties feel safe if they want to get away quickly out the other entrance they can.

You can see the amount of food it holds.
feralfeedingstationwithfood.jpg

feralkittyfeederatbeachhouse.jpeg

feralkittyfeederatbeachhouse.jpg

and we have put security cameras all around it so we can monitor the kitties and how they are doing.

feralkittycamera.jpg

We do TNR and if there are cats that are not truly feral and can be socialized we find them homes or find people who can find them homes. It is rewarding but heartbreaking at times. Feral kitties have a very tough life even with our help. But we do what we can to give them a better quality of life while they are here. Our rescue cat lady connection says we have the most spoiled feral kitties. LOL. I wish we could save and spoil them all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few photos of some of our feral kitties.

feralsinbackyard.jpg

2 in the feeder and one waiting to get in
feralscheckingeachotheroutatfeedingstation.jpg

This past December tracking their little paw prints to and from the feeder. Greg traveled to the beach house to shovel a path for them

feralkittytracksinsnowatbeachhouse.jpg

A few of them hanging around the shelters on our property

3feralsindecember2017.jpg

As if they are saying yes this is my land and my home and we are but guests. That is A OK with us. This is their home for as long as they please.

feralkittyonshelter.jpg

We have hundreds and hundreds of photos from our security cameras of the ferals eating.

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 8.31.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 8.30.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 8.30.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 8.30.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 8.28.48 AM.png

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few photos of some of our feral kitties.

feralsinbackyard.jpg

2 in the feeder and one waiting to get in
feralscheckingeachotheroutatfeedingstation.jpg

This past December tracking their little paw prints to and from the feeder. Greg traveled to the beach house to shovel a path for them

feralkittytracksinsnowatbeachhouse.jpg

A few of them hanging around the shelters on our property

3feralsindecember2017.jpg

As if they are saying yes this is my land and my home and we are but guests. That is A OK with us. This is their home for as long as they please.

feralkittyonshelter.jpg

We have hundreds and hundreds of photos from our security cameras of the ferals eating.

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 8.31.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 8.30.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 8.30.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 8.30.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 8.28.48 AM.png

Oh my! Those kitties look like they are well-fed... nice, plump kitties with beautiful fur! And the feeding houses are soooo beautiful -- I can't imagine anyone complaining about them.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photo!! OMG! The calico is so gorgeous... and they both look like they've been there a lot. ;-)

screen-shot-2019-06-21-at-8-30-55-am-png.697974

Q

Queenie60

@missy - how many ferals do you think feed at your property? Such a wonderful undertaking. Unfortunately, the ferals at the creek bed near my home are being eaten by the huge coyote population.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, what an amazing setup! Wow, Greg did an outstanding job designing and building the food station. So great that you and he do this for those beautiful kitties :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Luvallgems, it is so kind and caring of your sister Kim to do this for the ferals. I appreciate how much work it is. She is doing a fantastic job. Please thank her for me!:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - how many ferals do you think feed at your property? Such a wonderful undertaking. Unfortunately, the ferals at the creek bed near my home are being eaten by the huge coyote population.

It's always changing but at the moment between 12-15 feral cats.
What a shame about the coyotes eating the ferals. So sad. :cry2:

@missy, what an amazing setup! Wow, Greg did an outstanding job designing and building the food station. So great that you and he do this for those beautiful kitties :love:

@Luvallgems, it is so kind and caring of your sister Kim to do this for the ferals. I appreciate how much work it is. She is doing a fantastic job. Please thank her for me!:kiss2:

Thank you Junie! And I completely agree how amazing Kim is for doing all she does for the ferals!

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
I will, the little kitties she re-homes are too cute! I didn’t mention in my
prior post, she fosters dogs on occasion. Her daughter “Britt” raises
funds to re-home senior dogs ( that nobody wants/ their elderly parents
have passed on)....Kim has even rescued a darling little owl. Her whole
life revolves around animals. If anything happens to her ❤️ pup, it
will be devastating ( her Dachshund “Tanner”) he’s had back surgery
at the Vet. center at Auburn University, he has regular acupuncture treatments. There is nothing we wouldn’t do for our furry Children!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That feeder is amazing Missy! Thank you and Greg for the work you do in taking care of the homeless kitties.:kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results