carat
color
clarity

The Tragically Hip, Gord Downie Dead

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Age 53. I know he is Canadian and hence their (group) will be defined as such--but I've always felt their powerful world lyrics. Erudite. I can honest say, they were very groovy and I am sad at his passing.

My favorite Tragically Hip song: Long Time Running.

Share your favorite song. Or lyrics.

cheers--Sharon

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit that although I love music, im very un-hip when it comes to seeking out music outside of my comfort zone. In other words, I had never heard of Tragically Hip. Thanks for the introduction! And 53 seems much too young...

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Sharon- I'd also heard he'd passed- but I hadn't heard his music till now....really nice. A shame, 53 is so young.....

Coincidentally, I just heard a great interview with Burton Cummings ( Here's the Thing, Alec Baldwin) so I have Candian music on the mind....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit that although I love music, im very un-hip when it comes to seeking out music outside of my comfort zone. In other words, I had never heard of Tragically Hip. Thanks for the introduction! And 53 seems much too young...

Thanks for responding VR. "Blowing High Dough and New Orleans is Sinking" are probably the two most "popular" mainstream songs one might recognize. At any rate, I will miss his distinctive voice.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sharon- I'd also heard he'd passed- but I hadn't heard his music till now....really nice. A shame, 53 is so young.....

Coincidentally, I just heard a great interview with Burton Cummings ( Here's the Thing, Alec Baldwin) so I have Candian music on the mind....

David, Canadian is good! I've seen the Guess Who/Burton Cummings a few times: talented lyricist & musician, and gorgeous voice.

cheers--Sharon

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Heard Bobcageon followed by Wheat Kings on the radio at work this morning and the entire office just stopped what they were doing and let the realization sink in. Knew it was coming, but still so sad.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So sad! I got to see them at an outdoor concert at what was called Ontario Place in T.O. (don't know if it's still there?) over 20 years ago. Tragically Hip was one of my favorite bands at the time. Once we moved back to the US I didn't hear much about them. I didn't realize they were still making new music until hearing about the final tour last year. RIP Gord.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results